Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of buying in Calverstown & Eirgrid

Options
  • 20-06-2014 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

My wife and I are thinking of moving from Dublin to Calverstown.

We are aware that one of the proposed corridor routes for the Eirgrid link project is within about 1.5 miles of the village, however we have noticed that for a small village there seem to be a lot of houses coming up for sale.

I am wondering if they are all directly related to the grid route or if there is any other reason?

I know that eirgrid have a weekly info centre in Kilcullen but I am trying to get the local on the ground view.
    Does anyone have any local knowledge or heard any whispers to suggest that the route is going by Calverstown.

Our own house is currently up for sale.

Thanks in advance for any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I live in Calverstown and love it. On your specific query in relation to Eirgrid and the pylons I haven't really taken much notice of it. The signs are up and I know there are protests but I haven't really been involved. I do live on the Ballyshannon side of the down however where I believe the pylons avoid.

Havent really noticed many more houses up for sale than you would normally expect. I know there were a few around me up for sale before the slow down in the property market and didnt get sold so the people stayed put. Perhaps there are now putting them back up for sale given there seems to be some tentatively positive signs in the property market.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 amango

Thanks Bazman,

We looking at houses which so far have been in or around the town. I know someone who has lived in carrig glen for 10 years and absolutely loves it.

We are pretty set on moving to the area as we both like it and Kilcullen very much. If honest I don't think the pylons will be a major issue for us but we wondering about Eirgrid because on my home.ie there are about 10 houses in the general area that are up for sale and I thought it seemed a lot within the area. But you may be right indeed regarding people putting houses back up.

Thanks for the info.

Advertisement