Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1080 - delay before bell rings

Options
  • 20-06-2014 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi folks,

I have the HKC SecureWave 1080

We always use the partset 0#8 at night, for peace of mind reasons

But, it is a constant problem that people forget to turn off the alarm in the morning – they walk in front of the kitchen PIR or open a window somewhere and the bell rings immediately, walking everyone in the house (including baby) and half the neighbours.

I believe there is a menu function somewhere that allows a 10 second buzzer to be added before the bell rings. I would like to enable this for all windows, doors, active PIRs in 0#8 partset only (not 0#4 fullset)

Is this possible and where exactly is it in the menu? I have the engineer code and have made some minor setting adjustments in the past

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

There's no real option for this. If you set all zones to entry exit then the system will alarm at the end of the exit delay if a window is left open upon arming as it won't tell you if an entry zone is left open while arming.
    You could place keypads In the bedrooms and at all doors and have the red LED flash when armed.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Haven't the manual to hand at the moment, but is there not an option to have an alarm zone change to entry exit when part set.?
    Or maybe disable/delay bells in part set?
    Both are common enough options in many panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

sunnyone wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I have the HKC SecureWave 1080

We always use the partset 0#8 at night, for peace of mind reasons

But, it is a constant problem that people forget to turn off the alarm in the morning – they walk in front of the kitchen PIR or open a window somewhere and the bell rings immediately, walking everyone in the house (including baby) and half the neighbours.

I believe there is a menu function somewhere that allows a 10 second buzzer to be added before the bell rings. I would like to enable this for all windows, doors, active PIRs in 0#8 partset only (not 0#4 fullset)

Is this possible and where exactly is it in the menu? I have the engineer code and have made some minor setting adjustments in the past

Thanks for any help

I dont think that is possible from my view of what you are trying to do. I know you can adjust the time delay for the bell to ring in the event of an alarm. Are you trying to set these zones up as entry/exit? If so you could set the zone up as access zone and enable access to entry/exit. When part set is enabled they will switch to entry/exit zones. This is set up in the system partguard options menu.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »
    you could set the zone up as access zone and enable access to entry/exit. When part set is enabled they will switch to entry/exit zones. This is set up in the system partguard options menu.

Is there not an option to change the zone type during part set without programming it permanently as access???
    That's not ideal. I remember Astec defaulting zones as access and an NSAI inspector having issue with it.

Cant see an issue with an access zone as it needs a entry/exit point to be used in full alarm mode as it is still set as an alarm type.

• Advertisement

I can. Any deviation from an access route should generate an alarm . From what I was told by the inspector at the time the NSAI would agree with this. In part set this is less of an issue as it is a presumed someone is on site and also the access routes would alter.
    My question was does the 1070 not have the option to change the zone type for part set without affecting the full set operation.
    Many of the panels I use now allow this.

KoolKid wrote: »
    I can. Any deviation from an access route should generate an alarm . From what I was told by the inspector at the time the NSAI would agree with this. In part set this is less of an issue as it is a presumed someone is on site and also the access routes would alter.

Its OK, we wont go down the NSAI said this route again.

Exactly.
    it needs a entry/exit point to be used in full alarm mode as it is still set as an alarm type.

Any deviation from an access route should generate an alarm.
    KoolKid wrote: »
    My question was does the 1070 not have the option to change the zone type for part set without affecting the full set operation.
    Many of the panels I use now allow this.

As I have said to the OP
    I dont think that is possible from my view of what you are trying to do.

All of that to say it is not possible within HKC programming. That's all I was a really asking.

Advertisement