Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom (Ripoff merchants)

Options
  • 20-06-2014 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Called today about an outstanding bill with Eircom from a previous account. I cancelled the line (out of contract) over the telephone back in February. Whilst on to the girl I told her there were new tenants moving in to the house and I didn't want to be charged for any calls they may make, she suggested putting a bar on the line which I agreed to. No mention that this would cost anything by here I may add.
    Anyway to cap it all off I am still being billed and have just spent a fruitless 15 minutes talking to (or trying to) Customer Care, Cancellations Dept and some other Customer account line. The really funny and actually serious matter is that the girl on the Customer Care dept couldn't give me an email address to send a cancellation letter to :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Are they for fcuking real????? I feel it shows a total disregard for the customer in general and proof that they are only signing you up to rip you off, not give you a "service". How can someone working in that department not give me a simple email address?? She even had the gall to tell me she would give me a direct number to call the cancellation department and ask for the number myself. They simply don't want to lift a finger to help the customer, FACT! they want us to jump through hoops to cancel something that they can set up instantly.

Never will I use them again and never will my family or friends.

*rant over* :(

Oh and here's the final email I'll ever send them, cancelling my line:
    To whom it may concern,

I ***** ******, am writing to cancel my Eircom line with account number ********, effective today.

Telephone number 04* *******
    Address:

I await a return email to ensure you received this email, but I won't hold my breath!

p.s.

Your customer service is a disgrace!!!!! Nobody in your "so called" customer "CARE" (what a joke) could give me the email address to send this cancellation to. You are a shower of rip off merchants
    and I will ensure I never do business with you again as long as I live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Eircom aren't the only company who don't want customer's to be able to easily cancel by sending e-mails, this is nothing new

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I am a bit lost: you wanted to cancel but then wanted new tenants to be able to make calls but you wouldn't be charged. Surely you would cancel and new tenants do their own business........

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

TheDriver wrote: »
    I am a bit lost:.......

You're right, you are lost :D

I was a tenant. The landlord was selling and I had to move out promptly. The new "owners" were moving in a week after we moved out and hence I had to place a bar on the line cos they wouldn't "cancel" it right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

You're right, you are lost :D

I was a tenant. The landlord was selling and I had to move out promptly. The new "owners" were moving in a week after we moved out and hence I had to place a bar on the line cos they wouldn't "cancel" it right away.

A snipped line would have solved that problem ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

Cancelling a phone service is a relatively straight forward affair. I've done it before and can't see why you had a problem. You must have gone about it the wrong way.

They'll cancel it on the date you want and the line isn't disconnected but available to the new residents but won't allow incoming/outgoing calls until a new account is opened.

• Advertisement
Advertisement