Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know any good Driving Instructor in Newcastle West

• 20-06-2014 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

Hey

Can anyone recommend a driving instructor in Newcastle West?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Seamus B

Gogetdriving.ie

Brendie Sheahan is his name.
    Top class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Hey

Can anyone recommend a driving instructor in Newcastle West?
    Thanks
    Martin Hennessy is your man never shouts or roars points out what you have to do Dead on cant remember who he is with its about 4 years since i used him
    Drives a green toyota yaris round ncw so if your from the town you prob know it

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

crasy dash wrote: »
    Martin Hennessy is your man never shouts or roars points out what you have to do Dead on cant remember who he is with its about 4 years since i used him
    Drives a green toyota yaris round ncw so if your from the town you prob know it

Thanks. The last guy I had was constantly shouting and roaring at me. Had my confidence in pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Google u drive driving school you will find him through that

He taught my other half to drive very nervous no self confidence etc
    She has nothing but good things to say about him as well

Best luck with the driving:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Thanks. The last guy I had was constantly shouting and roaring at me. Had my confidence in pieces.

Ahh, we all know who that was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

panda100 wrote: »
    Ahh, we all know who that was!

After one lesson, he started going on at me to be more confident behind the wheel. He then proceeded to tell me about one of his clients who was in a car crash, and how she nearly died! How in the name of jaysus is telling me these horror stories going to improve my confidence :confused:.

He was always telling me to more confident, but how can you gain confidence when your instructor explodes, and berates you any time you make a mistake. I'm not an expert or anything at teaching people, but I think it is just basic common sense, that when you have a student with low confidence, you adopt a nice, calm, and measured approach with them. Roaring at them is only going to make them even less confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

After one lesson, he started going on at me to be more confident behind the wheel. He then proceeded to tell me about one of his clients who was in a car crash, and how she nearly died! How in the name of jaysus is telling me these horror stories going to improve my confidence :confused:.

He was always telling me to more confident, but how can you gain confidence when your instructor explodes, and berates you any time you make a mistake. I'm not an expert or anything at teaching people, but I think it is just basic common sense, that when you have a student with low confidence, you adopt a nice, calm, and measured approach with them. Roaring at them is only going to make them even less confident.

I was sent to him by my parents. He made me cry on at least three occasions. I still get shudders down my spine whenever I pass him in newcastle west. I kinda feel sorry for him now, as anyone acting the way he does must have some issues going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

My Dad left my son money to get him on the road, I am gonna block book lessons with an instructor in NCW, I hope the guy I had in mind isn't the guy ye are speaking about. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement