Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place in Dublin for Aquarium Decorations? and some advice needed.

Options
  • 20-06-2014 12:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just setting up aquaium and went to a few places. maxi zoo in liffey valley had a few bits n bobs but nothing spectacular.
    The orchard in cellbridge had lots of nice fish but a brutal selection of ornaments.

Would really like to make my tank look cool. I have not decided on a theme. It's a 180L tank so it probably needs a bit to fill it.

any suggestions on good places to get good ornaments/Decorations?

Also, can someone tell me a bit about setting up real plants as opposed to fake ones, are thy hard to set up and keep healthy?

Lastly, is there any good website where it shows you peoples tanks and how they have set up? i keep getting aquarium innovations as opposed to displays where they have made a fish tank out of a ball of yarn and a welly. I just want to see some designs and set ups. roman/chineesy/rock and driftwood. nothing over the top but something that will inspire my own design.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Darren in Seahorse Aquariums is the best man for that I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

lolosaur wrote: »
    Also, can someone tell me a bit about setting up real plants as opposed to fake ones, are thy hard to set up and keep healthy?
    Page 2 forward but honestly I think you may find the full thread worth reading from start to end.
    Lastly, is there any good website where it shows you peoples tanks and how they have set up? i keep getting aquarium innovations as opposed to displays where they have made a fish tank out of a ball of yarn and a welly. I just want to see some designs and set ups. roman/chineesy/rock and driftwood. nothing over the top but something that will inspire my own design.
    Enjoy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

never even knew the place existed. thanks. only a mile from me gaff too!

Nody wrote: »
    Page 2 forward but honestly I think you may find the full thread worth reading from start to end.

Enjoy!

Lol, i have done a few pages but the sizing and the scrolling was a bit painful.

Best i came accross so far was the super mario tank but thats out of my league atm!

Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Seahorse is by far the best place in Dublin, if not the country.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

lolosaur wrote: »
    never even knew the place existed. thanks. only a mile from me gaff too!

Definitely worth a visit. Bring your wallet!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Artane Aquariums is worth a mention, usually cheaper than Seahorse too.

My tip would be to keep ornaments to a minimum. The best tanks look like the environments the fish naturally live in: full of live plants, bits of rock / driftwood etc.

Sleepy wrote: »
    Artane Aquariums is worth a mention, usually cheaper than Seahorse too.

My tip would be to keep ornaments to a minimum. The best tanks look like the environments the fish naturally live in: full of live plants, bits of rock / driftwood etc.

Thanks Sleepy.

Ill keep that in mind.

I really dont know what i want, i havent even decidedon what type of gravel yet.

Ive narrowed it down to green or sandy grey.

Decisions decisions!!!

up till now, my fish usually came in a box with captain birdseye on the front so im hoping this will be a bit more extravagant.

Advertisement