Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancel contract

Options
  • 20-06-2014 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

Having a big issue with my service from Eircom and need advice regarding it.

we signed up for Eircom eFiber broadbadnd 50mb and phone last June which came with an 18 month contract meaning we have 6 months left on our contract now.

Since the start of december we have an issue with our account which causes our phone line to be disconnected at random intervals and takes weeks to have the phone service reinstated. 

This has happened 4 times since decembers issue taking nearly two months to have our phone account reinstated.

We also attempted to have our broadband updated from the 50/15 profile to the 100/20 since vectoring was enabled but due to this account issue our package cannot be changed from the capped 50mb.

We have being onto Eircom and countless number of times being passed between departments and constantly being promised call backs and constantly having the issue escalated this does eventually fix our phone service for a few weeks before it goes off again.

We finally decided that we want to cancel Eircom and move to Vodafone as they offer a better service but Eircom wont leave us cancel our contract as the broadband does work but have offered to cancel our phone service. This is not helpful as we want to bring our line over to Vodafone.

Are we within our rights to cancel the whole account as our initial package was for Phone and broadband. 

They have admitted breaking the contract as they have offered to terminate our phone service.

Need some advice here before I take any legal actions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

I would recommend contacting the National Consumers Agency and ComReg. They will be able to assist you in regards to this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Cork981 wrote: »

we signed up for Eircom eFiber broadbadnd 50mb and phone last June which came with an 18 month contract meaning we have 6 months left on our contract now.

Since the start of december we have an issue with our account which causes our phone line to be disconnected at random intervals and takes weeks to have the phone service reinstated. 

This has happened 4 times since decembers issue taking nearly two months to have our phone account reinstated.

We also attempted to have our broadband updated from the 50/15 profile to the 100/20 since vectoring was enabled but due to this account issue our package cannot be changed from the capped 50mb.

We have being onto Eircom and countless number of times being passed between departments and constantly being promised call backs and constantly having the issue escalated this does eventually fix our phone service for a few weeks before it goes off again.

We finally decided that we want to cancel Eircom and move to Vodafone as they offer a better service but Eircom wont leave us cancel our contract as the broadband does work but have offered to cancel our phone service. This is not helpful as we want to bring our line over to Vodafone.

Are we within our rights to cancel the whole account as our initial package was for Phone and broadband. 

They have admitted breaking the contract as they have offered to terminate our phone service.

Hi Cork981

I'm sorry to hear of these issues. Can you send me a PM with the Eircom Account no and I will have a look into the history as well as raising some of these issues mentioned here with Managers in Technical Support.

thanks
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Cork981

pm sent

Hi Cork981

I'm sorry to hear of these issues. Can you send me a PM with the Eircom Account no and I will have a look into the history as well as raising some of these issues mentioned here with Managers in Technical Support.

thanks
    Colm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Cork981

Colm is not available at present - can you please PM me your details so I can look in to this further for you?

Thanks
    Al

Hi Cork981

Colm is not available at present - can you please PM me your details so I can look in to this further for you?

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent

• Advertisement

Hi Cork981

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent
    Hi Cork981

Thanks for your PM,

I will get back to you as soon as I have have an update on this for you.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Cork981

Thanks for your PM,

Thanks
    Al

The issue has being resolved.

Hi Cork981

Thanks for your PM,

Thanks
    Al

The issue has being resolved.
    Thanks for letting me know Cork981

Al

Advertisement