Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Wanted] UCD off campus in first year?

• 20-06-2014 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

So I was a bit behind with the whole accommodation race and I ended up being about 3050 on the list so obviously I more than likely wont get in on campus, I'm also eligible for HEAR but i doubt that will get me in either. So my only other option would be off campus and i literally have no idea where to even start or when/where to search for a place like I might not even get in to UCD and if I do that leaves like 2 weeks notice before college starts? Im even considering just changing my first choice to Trinity just to get a place on campus. Would I be able to sort something out during the HEAR orientation week in late Aug? Any help would be grateful, im clueless

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

Sounds like digs could be the way to go Kev, you could be hard pushed finding a room in a house share, in terms of actually finding a place start scouring daft.ie and rent.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dearbhaile

kev44 wrote: »
    So I was a bit behind with the whole accommodation race and I ended up being about 3050 on the list so obviously I more than likely wont get in on campus, I'm also eligible for HEAR but i doubt that will get me in either. So my only other option would be off campus and i literally have no idea where to even start or when/where to search for a place like I might not even get in to UCD and if I do that leaves like 2 weeks notice before college starts? Im even considering just changing my first choice to Trinity just to get a place on campus. Would I be able to sort something out during the HEAR orientation week in late Aug? Any help would be grateful, im clueless

Hey Kev.. any luck finding a place to stay? My brother is transferring to UCD this year and is quite clueless! Just wondering if you found anybody/anywhere to stay!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Very hard to find accommodation within budget, houses near to UCD are approx €600 to €1000 per person which is crazy. Furthur out say Clondalkin or Tallagh are much less but more awkward regards travelling to college.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement