Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verified by VISA password reset ? (Bank of Ireland VISA Debit card)

Options
  • 20-06-2014 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Because it is unusual for Verified by VISA to come up when I try to make an online password, I seem to have forgotten the password, or at least which letter was a capital ...

How do I go about resetting the password ?  I really do not want to wait until I have to try to make the next paymet and have to do it at the last minute, under pressure.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Piliger, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie. 

Verified by Visa is an extra security measure put in place to protect you when shopping online. Some retailers do not provide this service which is why you will only encounter this page on certain purchases. 

Registering or unlocking your Verified by Visa password can be completed online. When you're shopping at a participating retailer you'll automatically be directed to the verification page. If you have forgotten your password you can click the option for 'Forgotten password' at this point. You will then be asked to confirm some security questions and once verified you can then create a new password. This can only be done at the time of the online purchase.

If you have locked or can not reset your password on this page please call our dedicated representatives on 0818 365 365, select option 6 for Visa and then option 2 for Verified by Visa where they will be happy to help.

We hope this helps. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Hi Piliger, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie. 

Verified by Visa is an extra security measure put in place to protect you when shopping online. Some retailers do not provide this service which is why you will only encounter this page on certain purchases. 

Registering or unlocking your Verified by Visa password can be completed online. When you're shopping at a participating retailer you'll automatically be directed to the verification page. If you have forgotten your password you can click the option for 'Forgotten password' at this point. You will then be asked to confirm some security questions and once verified you can then create a new password. This can only be done at the time of the online purchase.

If you have locked or can not reset your password on this page please call our dedicated representatives on 0818 365 365, select option 6 for Visa and then option 2 for Verified by Visa where they will be happy to help.

We hope this helps. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine
    Elaine, Tks for that.

I want to reset it without having to go through the verification page process which takes ages and is always at a difficult time when in the middle of making a purchase.
    Is there no way I can visit a verified by visa page now and go through the reset at a more suitable time ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi Piliger,

Unfortunately the only other way to reset your password is by phoning and a customer service representative will happily help you with this. The options have recently changed:

-        Phone 0818365365 or 0035314044000 (if abroad)
    -        Select option 1 for existing customer
    -        Then select option 2
    -        And then select option 1 again for verified by visa.

I hope this helps, thanks for the post.

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Janette[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

That's what I was looking for.

Advertisement