Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Fastpath"

Options
  • 20-06-2014 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I have seen users dicussing fastpath. How would I go about enabling this on my eFibre router?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

You can't enable fastpath on your router. Fastpath is a line profile for ADSL with no error checking so the ping times are lower, interleaving provides error checking and more stability. From my own experience Eircom only provide it on the 24Mb adsl profile.

Regarding eFibre this most may be useful

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89940634&postcount=554

Ping times depend on the settings at the local cabinet, the INP value, (lower seems to act like interleaving) you won't be able to change settings on your router to lower them.

Check the broadband forum here on boards, you`ll get more information about it than this forum

Advertisement