Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTC fitness graduates

• 20-06-2014 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I'm considering doing fitness course in NTC and was just wondering if anyone here done it? Is it worth the money? Is it possible to get a job after?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

paulinap wrote: »
    I'm considering doing fitness course in NTC and was just wondering if anyone here done it? Is it worth the money? Is it possible to get a job after?

What is your goal?

If it is;
    • a minimum wage job cleaning the jacks in Ben Dunne's?
    • running a black market off the records boot-camp?
    • just an interest in something you like doing as a hobby?
    Then fire ahead.

If you want to be a serious professional in fitness perhaps you could look at relevant free tertiary level education.

There is nothing wrong with the NTC course, in and of itself.
    But, ask yourself the question, would you pay for fitness advice of somebody who has only completed an 18 week course?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ntcoffice

paulinap wrote: »

Hi Paulinap,

The National Qualification in Exercise, Health Studies and Personal Training course offered by the NTC is accredited at EQF Level 4 which allows you to register with REPs Ireland at the highest standard available. This accreditation and registration is very important if you have any plans to travel abroad with your qualification. As REPs Ireland is the confederation member for iCREPS, International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals, there is reciprocal recognition among confederation members in Ireland, U.K., U.S.A., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and the United Arab Emirates. You can get details regarding REPs Ireland at repsireland dot ie and about iCREPS at icreps dot org

Despite what Zamboni states, NTC graduates do not work cleaning the toilets in any gym and while there is much relevant free tertiary level education available online, none of it will allow you to register with any national register or to obtain professional indemnity insurance.

If we can be any more assistance you can contact us on 01 882 7777

NTC Office of Administration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

fetches popcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

I may be wrong but I feel 'ntcoffice' may have some form of agenda here. And probably not even his/her real name!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

You will be grand as long as you are buddies with a gym manager who will give you a job or can magic 2-3 years of experience out off thin air. I actually contacted a number of gyms asking would they give me work experience, basically me doing a few months of whatever they decide for free and none of them even bothered to reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Go to college.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 paulinap

Dermighty wrote: »
    Go to college.

Can't go to college without paying 6k or whatever it is for the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

ntcoffice wrote: »
    Hi Paulinap,

The National Qualification in Exercise, Health Studies and Personal Training course offered by the NTC is accredited at EQF Level 4 which allows you to register with REPs Ireland at the highest standard available. This accreditation and registration is very important if you have any plans to travel abroad with your qualification. As REPs Ireland is the confederation member for iCREPS, International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals, there is reciprocal recognition among confederation members in Ireland, U.K., U.S.A., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and the United Arab Emirates. You can get details regarding REPs Ireland at repsireland dot ie and about iCREPS at icreps dot org

So you have two selling points - REPS accreditation and insurance.
    REPS is set up by Ireland Active.
    Would you like to share the list of the board members of Ireland Active? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Zamboni wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with the NTC course, in and of itself.
    But, ask yourself the question, would you pay for fitness advice of somebody who has only completed an 18 week course?

18 weekends!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ntcoffice

Zamboni wrote: »
    So you have two selling points - REPS accreditation and insurance.
    REPS is set up by Ireland Active.
    Would you like to share the list of the board members of Ireland Active? :)

Hi Zamboni,

I don't know who the board members of Ireland Active are but I can categorically state that nobody involved with NTC are board members of Ireland Active or REPs Ireland.

We have a multitude of selling points, but I'm not responding here in order to sell, I just want to ensure that the information which people get is accurate. You are entitled to have whatever opinion you like about REPs Ireland, but you cannot escape the fact that whatever its formulation or makeup, it is the Irish confederation member (each country can only have one) of iCREPS which gives its members international portability and recognition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 paulinap

@ntcoffice would you be so kind and reply to my private message please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

But seriously exercise to music is still a course requirement, seriously

Advertisement