Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Horse Racing Forum

Options
  • 20-06-2014 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭

Hi I've been banned for a month from Horse Racing forum in error, I believe.

I've pm'd Sparks and he is yet to reply- despite posting on the forum in question today a few times.
    Appreciate he may be busy but it is the biggest race meet of the season and I would like this issue to be resolved quickly.

I put up Paul Casey as a tip to win the Irish Open, he was going well but subsequently dropped a few shots in the back 9, which annoyed me.(OFF TOPIC thread)

My tip was a mere 4/5 posts north of my response last night when checking the results -''Bloody Joke."

Sparks has misinterpreted this as a response to current affairs in the Horse Racing Forum.
    The mod 'Helimachopter' had posted a warning but it was not in bold- had I noticed this I would have directly referred to Paul Casey but as It was quite relevant to recent posts by myself in the thread I didn't feel the need.

Can someone look into this please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Whats the general response time?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You are supposed to give the mod a couple of days to respond to your PM, as set out above. Just because a mod is postring that does not mean they have had a chance to look and and deal with your PM

Anyway I will have a look at this for you. I need to check some details first.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I've been looking at the sequence of events here

You made reference to your bet on Casey on 16 June
    At 22:59 on 19 June the mod posts the followimg warning
    If there are any more posts in here to get around the closure of the feedback thread you will get a months ban from the forum.
    At 23:26 another poster makes a post which is clearly directed at the closure of the Feedback thread
    At 00:16 on 20 June you post
    bloody joke
    It should be noted that the previous post which was making a clear reference to what was going on in the Feedback thread was still visible at that time (both posts have since been deleted with 1 month bans issued in line with the mod warning)

Now you are trying to suggest your comment was in respect of your post 3 days earlier because a golfer had dropped 2 shots (having picked up 4 earlier in his round, and when he clearly remained in contrention). Seriously?

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that your post was referring to the post made immediately before yours, and essentially stating your own view on the Feedback thread, and I can see no basis for overturning your ban. Indeed your claim here that this referred to Casey is so absurd I am tempted to increase your ban. However I will leave it at a month for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

No further appeal; resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement