Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2015

Options
  • 20-06-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Like FIFA, aparently there's a trailer for the trailer doing the rounds.
    Seebass has said to 'Expect Big Things'.
    Having moved to FIFA since 2011, I've found the past few FIFAs not really making any effort.
    I gave PES2014 a try and it really seemed like a new beginning though. PES2015 could be the moment?
    But does anyone really care? PES hasnt been mentinoed on the board in ages.
    I really hope Konami can grasp the new release this year and bring PES back to what it does best.

Anyway, throw any of your hopes / thoughts / rants here...

Comments

What might work against them is the fact they concentrated on the older consoles for 2014.

Who knows what of that is worth carrying over to the next gen, seems like they should have had 14 a few years back and try to improve it further with the switch.

I'd like to see a decent alternative anyway.

If you want just one reason to dislike FIFA 14, the KO lofted through balls is a complete game ruiner.
    I had three games today where my opponent got a goal from the KO and it can have such a massive effect on the final scoreline it kind of makes you think whats the point in playing when you may concede straight after scoring due to game flaws.

It's amazing how good the PES games were on ps2.

For some reason Konami just couldn't carry over the good gameplay to 360/PS3.

I'm getting a bit jaded with Fifa to be honest so would love to see PES just some how copy the game engine from the PS2 era :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

This topic of conversations always inevitably ends with Pro Evo 5 or 6! They were easily the best one's that Konami have made so far. But yeah, I tried getting into PES 2013 as that was built up as the one that will change the face of soccer simulation games. In fairness, they did make a good stab at it but for some reason I still couldn't really get into it. Although, this is more likely because I've fallen out with the PS3 and the 360 as a whole!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

http://balls.ie/football/first-details-pes-2015-emerged/

Anyone excited for this? Will be interesting to see how Konami fare after taking a year out to work on the next-gen specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No mention of PC on EG today.

Honeslty cba anymore, Hope its good but doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I think some of us PS2 generation of PES fans are still hoping that there will be that one good PES game to come back. When? - well, we will never know. They have a new gen of consoles to play with and fix their sh*t. I can only hope they make it a decent competitor.

Believe me, as much as I love FIFA, I have tried every PES that has came out since 2008 to see if they have improved, and although there have been slight improvements, they are going in the wrong direction with it - if that makes any sense - by bringing things to the game that pretty much betrayed how good the old games were.

Keep the realistic faces and atmosphere in the game but please, Konami, just give me back the fast-paced challenging gameplay we all loved back in the mid-00's. Give me a second-choice football game to play and actually enjoy. Sometimes I just want a different football experience than FIFA.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Threads merged - keep the PES 2015 posts to one thread lads.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

It's amazing how good the PES games were on ps2.

For some reason Konami just couldn't carry over the good gameplay to 360/PS3

PES 2010 was class on the 360, pity the rest weren't as good.

I LOVED PES 6, best football game I ever played, closely followed by FIFA 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I read somewhere there that the dev team are really trying to focus more on the ease of movement and looking back to the glory days of PES05.
    we live in hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Some pretty good looking quick clips of PES 2015 in action at the link below.

Link

Please, please be good this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JBRowan

I used to be FIFA up until 2013 iwas convert to PES 2 years ago I think gameplay makes up for lack of real names

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

A bit annoyed that the release date for PES 2015 has been announced as November 13th. That is a good bit later than normal but if it helps improve the game then I suppose it is for the best. There will be a PS4 demo on September 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Like FIFA, aparently there's a trailer for the trailer doing the rounds.
    Seebass has said to 'Expect Big Things'.
    Having moved to FIFA since 2011, I've found the past few FIFAs not really making any effort.
    I gave PES2014 a try and it really seemed like a new beginning though. PES2015 could be the moment?
    But does anyone really care? PES hasnt been mentinoed on the board in ages.
    I really hope Konami can grasp the new release this year and bring PES back to what it does best.

Anyway, throw any of your hopes / thoughts / rants here...

I've played every game since ISS and they say the same shít every year. Pro Evo developers are worse than liverpool fans for saying "this will be our year".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Gameplay videos now popping up on YouTube. It looks decent. I think launching so far after FIFA will be a killer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

Going by the previews of people who actually played it the gameplay seems to be very good. From the clips I watched it was noticeable that there were so few through balls over the top and there was actual build up play. If they have some online game modes that actually work I'll probably pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The issues I've had with PES in recent years are the players are so sluggish and unresponsive, it's like they're stuck in mud, and they never come to the ball, just run along side it.

If those are fixed it will be a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

I think I'll pick it up this year, haven't played any properly since 2012 though, which frankly was a bit of a joke... Maxi Rodriguez was one of the best in the game.. :confused:

I just can't get into them as much any more. I just don't like this years one. Played about 2 seasons in the master league and haven't picked it up for months. They really need to go back to their roots on the PS2. Same method of shooting, similar passing, dribbling, tackling and game speed. Just updated graphics and animations. The last game the players are way too sluggish, dribbling is woeful, player movement is shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Cienciano wrote: »
    I just can't get into them as much any more. I just don't like this years one. Played about 2 seasons in the master league and haven't picked it up for months. They really need to go back to their roots on the PS2. Same method of shooting, similar passing, dribbling, tackling and game speed. Just updated graphics and animations. The last game the players are way too sluggish, dribbling is woeful, player movement is shíte.

Seems that Pes15 is going to try hard to get back to its roots.
    The demo next week will hopefully give a good indication.

• Advertisement

I hope it does. But as I said earlier, every year the sun moon and stars is promised and they never deliver.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

They said the same about PES 2013, and probably 2014 too although I didn't get that one.

Wilberto wrote: »
    They said the same about PES 2013, and probably 2014 too although I didn't get that one.

Couple of nights ago I played 2013 and 2014, one game after another. You missed nothing. 2013 is definitely a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I always buy this every year, then trade it in after a couple of weeks and get Fifa. Fifa is better, but it still doesn't satisfy my craving the way classic PES did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Lol I used to be PES for life, but this game blows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Lol I used to be PES for life, but this game blows.

You've played it have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

[Anyone excited for this? Will be interesting to see how Konami fare after taking a year out to work on the next-gen specifically.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean the Xbox 360 version will be ignored or maybe just tweaked?

Ruxjit wrote: »
    [Anyone excited for this? Will be interesting to see how Konami fare after taking a year out to work on the next-gen specifically.

Does that mean the Xbox 360 version will be ignored or maybe just tweaked?[/QUOTE]

More than likely yes, but I'm sure it's the same story with FIFA. Neither are really focussing on the tight gits (i.e. me! :D) who won't shell out for a next gen console!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Cienciano wrote: »
    Couple of nights ago I played 2013 and 2014, one game after another. You missed nothing. 2013 is definitely a lot better.

I liked 2014 :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

EG gave PES 2014 a 9/10 which got me excited but then all the other reviews were average.

Didn't end up trying it out myself fo rthe first time in ten years.

Advertisement