Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Picked it up yesterday [PS4] and played 3 or 4 games local multiplayer, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hadn't played the demo so wasn't sure what to expect, but with the good reviews I felt I had to give it a fair whack though as I knew I was beyond done with FIFA 15.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the fact that tackles actually tackle, goalkeepers aren't absolute mongos (they don't cover themselves in glory either, but a vast improvement), the buttons are responsive, and my defence doesn't actively try to run out of position and/or away from the ball - not a single goal could be attributed to headless AI.

I found that the buttons aren't quite customisable enough to line up with what I'm used to, been playing FIFA exclusively since the PES6 abomination, so there were instances of trying to do something and failing spectacularly by hitting the wrong buttons, but I'll adjust in time. Reckon the skill games or training mode will be hugely useful in making the switch but I've yet to try them out.

It's visually quite arcade-esque in comparison, but that's hardly a deal breaker.

Got one game in online, lost 1-0, but it was a huge difference to the end to end sprint fest FIFA descends into online. Took a while to connect to a player, but that'll pass in time I'm sure as more take it online. Lag free, for what it's worth.

A lot of it will come down to personal taste though, discussing it with my mate I was playing with last night, he wasn't fond of the graphical stylings, the fact that players turned like trucks compared to FIFA, and was infuriated with the number of interceptions in passes or misplaced passes, concluding that it's a good game but just not as fun as FIFA.

Hope there's an options file available for PS4, thought it might not be possible, and I'm sure as hell not changing it all myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

[360 review]
    Played only around 3 games last night (all Ireland Vs Scotland! :D), but I could see this growing.
    There's still something about the movement and jerky reaction that odds to me, but the freedom of movement and ball physics (for most of the time) seem amazing.
    I was able to play a long ball from outside my keepers box, down the opposition wing for my winger to chest and run onto... then for him to cross into the box for my striker who was running at full pace in, who then could deliciously take a touch and bang it past the keeper.
    I haven't scored a goal in any PES since PES06 that I was 'wowed' by, as such it felt so real and satisfaction from it was lovely.
    Scoring goals like that make you come back more and more to discover whats possible.

I know I need to practice dribbling, tackling and basic movement, but I hope the skills / training section helps with all this.

Yes, we all know the commentary and licences are rubbish, but it looks good and most importantly, if this keeps playing this good I may finally retire PES06! :D

Keep the reviews coming folks, and please let us know what version you're on at the start.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

My online order hasn't been dispatched either - might try and cancel it and just buy it in a shop either today or tomorrow - can people say where they got it and how much they got it for when commenting please!

Having trouble finding it on the hmv/extravision site for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Still waiting on my copy but I can echo what some people are saying just from playing the demo. Some of the goals I've scored in the demo have been unreal and even the ones scored against me on Superstar. Just couldn't stop their quick passing! Can't wait to get the game!

Also, FIFA is definitely not fun anymore. FIFA 13 maybe but the last 2 are just head wrecking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Did anybody order from amazon and use parcel motel get there copy yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Picked mine up in Argos for €52 on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I did and it was delivered to Parcelmotel last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Knockmealdown Shepherd

I've got a friend in America who picked up the game yesterday and no matter what we did we could not connect to get a game going.
    Every reply to invite sent us to the playstation store to buy the game.
    This didn't happen with my europe based friends.
    We tried setting up Irish accounts, changing DNS, changing ports etc. and nothing works.
    It's like he has a different game.
    Any ideas?

This is on PS4.

Loving the game by the way. A breath of fresh air compared to Fifa.
    This guy was my co-op partner in Fifa and just seems bullsh1t that we can't get a game going

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

EDIT: PS4 Player

I've now played about 7 or 8 games of PES 15 after choosing not to buy FIFA this year after the awful game that was FIFA 14, it will certainly take me some time to get use to PES but so far I'm loving it, I played two games online yesterday... bad decision I should probably stick with offline for a while so I can get use to it!

The two games I played online I lost 6-2 and 5-0, as mentioned by someone else, I too noticed these took quite a while to find an opponent.

The offline games I played were two matches against my mate couch co-op and then a few games of the Master League which I won 2 games, drew 1 and lost 1, after being a FIFA player for years I've got many FIFA habits I need to try kick, such as trying for over the top balls!

Glad to have bought PES 15 this year, let's hope my opinion stays that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Anyone with any PS3 perspectives?

• Advertisement

Ordered it from Amazon using the SuperSaver to my home address, which is supposed to take a few days longer for delivery, and it was dispatched yesterday although i've had no notification from anyone at home that it's been delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

cheers lads going to pick it up in Xtravision this evening having got a pro evo game since 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭eggy81

noodler wrote: »
    Anyone with any PS3 perspectives?

I bought it on ps3 yesterday.
    Absolutely loved my first couple of hours with it.
    It's a breath of fresh air that the buttons you press actually get a response and you are in control of what's happening rather than the on rails scripted chaos of FIFA in recent games.
    Also on ps3 in FIFA the menus while looking gorgeous were a bit slow to respond to button presses with lag from the amount going in in the game.
    No such issues with pes.
    It's the best soccer game I've played since FIFA 11 and the best pes since ps2 days. I know most loved 5 and 6 but 4 was my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jesus I can't wait to play this. Straight after Ireland match tonight it'll be a weekend of PES.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Did anyone trade in fifa 15 for this? what price did you get?

Yep, traded it into Gamestop and got €43 credit but that was with 15% extra credit due to my Gamestop membership card. Also, I traded FIFA in last week, so not sure if same credit would still be given now.
    So basically only had to pay €17 for PES after the trade-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Just picked up a copy there in argos. 50:99 for ps4 and xb1

cheers lads going to pick it up in Xtravision this evening having got a pro evo game since 6!

I think you did well avoiding all the PES's since then!
    I never could enjoy any of them and kept going back to 6, or even got FIFA which kept me busy for a while.
    This feels like it has the magic of old though, but it's still going to need a lot of 'mastering'.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

callaway92 wrote: »
    Jesus I can't wait to play this. Straight after Ireland match tonight it'll be a weekend of PES.

A Shane Long goal gave me victory against Scotland last night, 1-0.

It was a low quality game with plenty of effort on each side.

Long came on for Wes to help Robbie out up front and it paid off.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Who have people got as their starter my club player? Just landed Ozil :D

Got Bale as my start-up player so happy with that :)

Cracking game, hard to find an opponent online though, could be up to five mins searching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Got Bale as my start-up player so happy with that :)

Got Gotze and a freebie with my digital download too, and then spent some coins and randomly picked up Neuer and Niang :D the myclub mode is interesting in that you can't appea to choose which players to sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

traded FIFA 15 just for a straight swap, had FIFA since the day it came out and i put it on 3 times! ridiculous it was!
    entered my code yesterday but will start my club tonight to see who i get! didn't get a chance last night as 4 of my mates called over and we played until 4am!..needless to say i am a wreck today!
    played 1 game online last night while lads was on a tea break:) and i had no problem finding an online game, took only a few seconds,and it was a favourable 1-0 win:)
    with 5 of us last night we were 2v2s and it got pretty heated i can tell you, the game like in real life takes momentum swings, there was times where you could do everything right and felt good and there was times all of a sudden you couldnt get out of your own half,and every pass was to the opposition!
    i would still prefer playing on my own as with 2 we found our defending was awful,and felt like we had no defence and kept getting split open but it was all fun!
    looking forward to playing the my club i must say!
    on the demo i thought pirlo (his perfect passing) and robben were the best players, we found last night aguero was the player of the night as he is pretty strong,can win headers against taller opponents and is a lethal finisher and worse player of the night goes to lewandowski! he's far to stiff and for the size of him couldn't win a header!
    we played with Bayern far too much last night and it was a mistake we felt because they are far to slow up front!
    anyhow that is just my little story on it so far:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

After playing 17 games online , w 8 d 1 and l 8 i have to say this game is fantastically brilliant , i have beaten people by 6 goals and they havent quit and likewise i have been stuffed a few times also. This is what a true football game is all about , i can safely say the whole online has been an absolute delight , no lag and no rage quitters. Best thing about this game is there are no pace whores like fifa and running straight from the kick off. One bit of advice is do the training section its good to understand how the game works etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Has anyone got the pc version? Is it the same as the next gen version? There were reports months back that it was going to be slightly different, so just wondering...!

traded FIFA 15 just for a straight swap, had FIFA since the day it came out and i put it on 3 times! ridiculous it was!

where did you trade it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

xtravision/hmv! Liverpool are actually a good team to play with in it too! sturridge is deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

One thing that is annoying is players taking ages to shoot which gives defenders time to get a tackle in.

I've been playing a good few games of my club and it's quit frustrating playing with a load of donkeys especially when playing against the cpu who just passes the ball around and I'm lucky if I have 40% possession.

But apart from that I think the game is class, referees always seem to give the correct decision which used to frustrate me no end. The dribbling is by far the best of any game previous football game I've played, you can glide past players and I love changing direction with a burst of speed to beat a defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Has anyone got the pc version? Is it the same as the next gen version? There were reports months back that it was going to be slightly different, so just wondering...!

I'm waiting to try the demo which was meant to be out yesterday....can't find f**kall anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

RVN10 wrote: »
    After playing 17 games online , w 8 d 1 and l 8 i have to say this game is fantastically brilliant , i have beaten people by 6 goals and they havent quit and likewise i have been stuffed a few times also. This is what a true football game is all about , i can safely say the whole online has been an absolute delight , no lag and no rage quitters. Best thing about this game is there are no pace whores like fifa and running straight from the kick off. One bit of advice is do the training section its good to understand how the game works etc.

The true beauty about PES is this year is the type of player that will be playing it online. It seems that only those who hate what FIFA has become will be playing it, while the kids that ruin the FIFA experience will still think "LOL pes is **** m8!" so they won't be bothering PES players.

I'll still play a bit of FIFA but the enjoyment that I had for the first month or so of release has pretty much disappeared. Can't wait to give PES a proper chance. Still waiting on my review copy though :mad:

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The true beauty about PES is this year is the type of player that will be playing it online. It seems that only those who hate what FIFA has become will be playing it, while the kids that ruin the FIFA experience will still think "LOL pes is **** m8!" so they won't be bothering PES players.

I'll still play a bit of FIFA but the enjoyment that I had for the first month or so of release has pretty much disappeared. Can't wait to give PES a proper chance. Still waiting on my review copy though :mad:

Agreed, it's going to be real football lovers who want a challenge that will be playing PES, and I had turned to Fifa for the last four years.
    The game is brilliant though and no lag online in my experience so far.

Advertisement