Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PES 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

tigger123 wrote: »
    It's the same when you buy a game from the PlayStation Network instead of buying a physical copy. The thinking is your paying for the convenience of not having to go get it. A lot of nonsense.

Agree really makes no sense, no sell on value for people either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

I feel I've been had, bought into the hype and bought the thing....I've only ever owned one PES before and I hated it, not long into this I think I feel the same......it's horrible! slow and clunky movement from the players......Looks and plays like Fifa world and that's a free game on Origin...........Fifa 15 is sooooo much better in the most important aspects ie game play and appearance

Thats great, thank you for sharing that

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Thats great, thank you for sharing that

What? am I supposed to keep my gob shut unless I think it's great ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

sonofenoch wrote: »
    I feel I've been had, bought into the hype and bought the thing....I've only ever owned one PES before and I hated it, not long into this I think I feel the same......it's horrible! slow and clunky movement from the players......Looks and plays like Fifa world and that's a free game on Origin...........Fifa 15 is sooooo much better in the most important aspects ie game play and appearance

Each to theirs own. I've played the new Fifa and didn't really enjoy it, the players feel too lightweight. I'd say you'll get a decent price to trade it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Fifa fanboy alert......

Fifa is the worst it has been this year since probably the PS2 versions of FIFA. Really enjoyed Fifa 09 and 13 was pretty decent but this year it's very poor. No effort gone into it gameplay at all but hopefully with PES being great this year will give EA a kick up the hole and they will improve it next year so I'll be back to playing 2 soccer games a year!

Bought PES and FIFA the last 2 years, skipped 2012, and had 2011 also but didn't touch any other 360 version as I thought they were awful. PES 2014 was promising initially but the gameplay had nothing on FIFA i felt as everything was very delayed.

Thank god PES is on its way back to the top!

P.S..... Anyone want my copy of FIFA 15? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

This my club team spirit stuff is confusing me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

tigger123 wrote: »
    Each to theirs own. I've played the new Fifa and didn't really enjoy it, the players feel too lightweight. I'd say you'll get a decent price to trade it in.

Xtravision only offering €20 cash or €25 credit. Shocking for a new game. They have it for sale for €55.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dont you know this thread is only for talking positively about the greatest football game of all time! :pac:

Pro evos game play has really improved but other then that its a good thing its cheaper then most new games out now.

Dont you know this thread is only for talking positive about the greatest football game of all time! :pac:

No problem with people posting negative stuff. It was you repeating yourself over and over that was annoying people.

• Advertisement

No problem with people posting negative stuff. It was you repeating yourself over and over that was annoying people.

I bet if i was repeating what everyone wanted to hear over and over it be different though right?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

Lol. What PES did you own? And what age are you?

I bet if i was repeating what everyone wanted to hear over and over it be different though right?

No that would also be annoying.

If you dislike a game why post in and monitor the online thread on it?

I was torn between this and fifa to be honest, i think I would have been happy with either (and preferred the fifa demo but for numerous non existant penalties)

No delivery from littlewoods.ie today, hopefully in time for weekend.

No that would also be annoying.

If you dislike a game why post in and monitor the online thread on it?

I was torn between this and fifa to be honest, i think I would have been happy with either (and preferred the fifa demo but for numerous non existant penalties)

No delivery from littlewoods.ie today, hopefully in time for weekend.

You must find this thread annoying then?

I dont dislike the game? I said many times i think the gameplay is very good but thats it the rest is dated and needs work.

If i didnt have fifa i would of kept it.

What annoys me is that just because the gameplay has finally caught up and gotten to some sort of good standard again people think its ok for them to over look every other element of the game.

No one seems to have issue with all the other things its missing to be a truly great football game.

This is the annoying thing about gamers and the games that have major rivals if you have anything bad to say about a game your a ''fanboy'' of the other one.

You must find this thread annoying then?

I dont dislike the game? I said many times i think the gameplay is very good but thats it the rest is dated and needs work.

If i didnt have fifa i would of kept it.

What annoys me is that just because the gameplay has finally caught up and gotten to some sort of good standard again people think its ok for them to over look every other element of the game.

No one seems to have issue with all the other things its missing to be a truly great football game.

This is the annoying thing about gamers and the games that have major rivals if you have anything bad to say about a game your a ''fanboy'' of the other one.

I had no issue with your post, more the one that said "this is ****" (not yours).

I havent had the chance to play it much, just a few games on my brothers PS3, and preferred it to FIFA as each team has their own style. But it really is each to their own.

FIFA has always been streets ahead when it comes to the off the field stuff. I have heard awful things about Master league which had turned me off it. But not having owned a FIFA or PES since 2012 am not really aware of the FIFA offering and how that works.

I had no issue with your post, more the one that said "this is ****" (not yours).

I havent had the chance to play it much, just a few games on my brothers PS3, and preferred it to FIFA as each team has their own style. But it really is each to their own.

FIFA has always been streets ahead when it comes to the off the field stuff. I have heard awful things about Master league which had turned me off it. But not having owned a FIFA or PES since 2012 am not really aware of the FIFA offering and how that works.

I just feel fifa is an overall better package it's game play may have annoying elements at times but again that depends ultimate team tends be worst. Look at it this way I would love to see what a game with the game play of pro evo and everything else of fifa would play like!

I genuinely hope pes gets there act together and really carrys on from this year they have the foundation with there game play to really build from here on in.

But it will do the game and it's future no good to not talk about its bad points and issues because they will never get fixed then.

The fact the game got so much bad press over last few years gave them no choice but to improve gameplay I just hope they can fix the rest.

I just feel fifa is an overall better package it's game play may have annoying elements at times but again that depends ultimate team tends be worst. Look at it this way I would love to see what a game with the game play of pro evo and everything else of fifa would play like!

I genuinely hope pes gets there act together and really carrys on from this year they have the foundation with there game play to really build from here on in.

But it will do the game and it's future no good to not talk about its bad points and issues because they will never get fixed then.

The fact the game got so much bad press over last few years gave them no choice but to improve gameplay I just hope they can fix the rest.

I think everyone does, two strong football games just push each other to improve. There is a market for both games as there are different ways people like to play their games.

Hopefully, they will. For me gameplay is the most important thing (and as i said i loved that each team had their own style). For others it is everything around it. There is no wrong and no right :)

I think a bit of Pro-Ev snobbery can exist amongst some of its fans (my bro is one :P) who automatically dismiss FIFA without playing it.

I think everyone does, two strong football games just push each other to improve. There is a market for both games as there are different ways people like to play their games.

Hopefully, they will. For me gameplay is the most important thing (and as i said i loved that each team had their own style). For others it is everything around it. There is no wrong and no right :)

I think a bit of Pro-Ev snobbery can exist amongst some of its fans (my bro is one :P) who automatically dismiss FIFA without playing it.

Game play is obviously really important but I couldn't overlook the look and feel of this game compared to its rival. I mean there in direct conpition I know pro evo can't complete when it comes to licences etc but what's stopping them having more stable straight forwards game modes and sorting the graphics and commentary out.

It's great to have a game that plays well but if it cant hold your interest what's the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Ugh, THE COMMENTARY!

Just get it away, it's awful. Constantly contradicting each other, it's shíte.

• Advertisement

Lol. What PES did you own? And what age are you?

What's any of that got to do with anything.....nope it's a clunky mess this game, with a menu system straight from the 1990's... if Fifa was too fast then this is too slow......online doesn't work, constantly live updating constantly establishing connection/testing network environment/loading saved data/unable to establish connection......it's a mess

Game play is obviously really important but I couldn't overlook the look and feel of this game compared to its rival. I mean there in direct conpition I know pro evo can't complete when it comes to licences etc but what's stopping them having more stable straight forwards game modes and sorting the graphics and commentary out.

It's great to have a game that plays well but if it cant hold your interest what's the point.

Each to their own. FIFA is undoubtedly better presented and put together but, IMO, it doesn't hold a candle to Pro Ev, especially this years version. What happens off the pitch doesn't really impact on which game I'd buy.

I'd love the licensing issues to be sorted but for a lot of people it wouldn't be enough to encourage you to buy FIFA instead. And for the most part you can download other people's Option Files, which kinda works around it.

Getting well sucked into my ML and really enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Will prob trade FIFA 15 in now, wasn't sure PES hype was real this year but have gotten the feel for how this version plays, liking it a lot.

What's any of that got to do with anything.....nope it's a clunky mess this game, with a menu system straight from the 1990's... if Fifa was too fast then this is too slow......online doesn't work, constantly live updating constantly establishing connection/testing network environment/loading saved data/unable to establish connection......it's a mess

Did you not realise all this when playing the demo?

By the way you can speed up the game play

Online team play is fantastic!!

Just played a 4v4 match and it was epic.
    3 sendings off including Neuer,Schweinsteiger and a legend. Not only that but unlike Pro clubs on FIFA you can actually play possession football.

We should get a lobby going on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

Still haven't been able to get my day one edition bonus (ps3) :mad:

Just played against someone in MyClub who had Bale and he ran riot.

• Advertisement

Another thing i'm loving is that players actually feel like there real life counterparts.

Get the ball with Verratti and you'll feel just how good his close control is as you weave in and out of players, or when you get Lucas in some open space to run he feels untouchable at full speed.

Konami really do get each players stats just right so that they feel 100% real.

...Unlike FIFA and bloody Ibarbo/Doumbia :rolleyes:

Haven't tried myClub yet but think I'm gonna leave it until I have a hang of the game first. Sounds a bit nightmarish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Think there is a full option file for PS3 due next week. The guy doing it has one already out which by all accounts is great.

Tried Tesco yesterday and they had none in stock, and looked like they never had it in stock!

I'm sick of FIFA 13 again (which was a breath of fresh air after the joy vacuum of FIFA 15) so I'm gonna pick this up next week.

Only set up an Amazon account recently to buy PES 2015, had used my brother's account previously, and I am still waiting on the game! Absolute disgrace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So, at the risk of seeming like I am repeating myself!!!:

Is anyone here playing on PS3? How are you finding it?

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    So, at the risk of seeming like I am repeating myself!!!:

Is anyone here playing on PS3? How are you finding it?

I had a go of it on the PS3, graphics were pretty ****e, but enjoyed that gameplay alot,

Only had a few friendly games mind you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I had a go of it on the PS3, graphics were pretty ****e, but enjoyed that gameplay alot,

Only had a few friendly games mind you

Cheers.

Reviews online for PS3 are naturally few and far between.

Hoping another boardsie has bu some serious time in.

noodler wrote: »
    Cheers.

Reviews online for PS3 are naturally few and far between.

Hoping another boardsie has bu some serious time in.

Thought the actual game was streets ahead of the demo as well.

Making subs and tactics changes were rather convoluted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

How is the PC version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Got PES2015 in Xtravision today, the man at the counter thought the price tag was switched when he saw the €40 price tag :D

How is the PC version?

Thinking of doing a utube comparison between Fifa and Pes, as I probably mentioned above PES 15 just leaves me cold, I just don't see what enjoyment people on here are getting from it (unless they're all on consoles and the PC version is very inferior.......it sucks and online is very much more miss than hit

The PC version would be a slightly prettier 360/PS3 version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Colemania wrote: »
    Only set up an Amazon account recently to buy PES 2015, had used my brother's account previously, and I am still waiting on the game! Absolute disgrace!

What shipping option did you choose? If you chose free shipping then you've only yourself to blame tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

My PES 2015 review went up today:

http://balls.ie/football/review-pro-evolution-soccer-2015-return-king/

I didn't discuss the online much as I haven't had a chance to do anything other than a few games in myClub, but overall a very positive review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

I didn't discuss the online much as I haven't had a chance to do anything other than a few games in myClub, but overall a very positive review.

Excellent review, sums it up perfectly. Will be trading in my FIFA 15 copy this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Great review and absolutely sums up my experience with pes 2015 too..I am also an avid annual fifa player but tbh have not played one game of fifa 15 since the demo for pes came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Great review and absolutely sums up my experience with pes 2015 too..I am also an avid annual fifa player but tbh have not played one game of fifa 15 since the demo for pes came out.

What shipping option did you choose? If you chose free shipping then you've only yourself to blame tbh

Yup, its all my fault...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Excellent review, sums it up perfectly. Will be trading in my FIFA 15 copy this week
    opengoal wrote: »

Cheers lads glad to hear you enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sarkakos

we hope this year could be better than pes 2014. because pes 2014 was a disaster for me honeslty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Whats the latest with the Option file for PS4?

I read there is some issue with the PS4 not being able to access USB sticks or something.

Anyone have an update? My google skills are obviously in decline :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

“That’s bull****!”

Only dawned on me how often I shout that at the telly

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Colemania wrote: »

I'm in the same boat. I thought it would have been here yesterday based on all my previous buys on there or today at the latest but I guess it'll be here next week. Pretty disappointing for sure as I could have just picked it up this weekend when I had time to go get it. Hopefully it's worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Got ronaldo on my free player for ml...epic

• Advertisement

Whats the latest with the Option file for PS4?

I read there is some issue with the PS4 not being able to access USB sticks or something.

Anyone have an update? My google skills are obviously in decline :(

The PS4 doesn't allow you to upload images to its hard drive, so no option files :(

Advertisement