Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Played some online team play again last night, no lag at all. Max I played was 12 players. Played defensive midfield inler/sweinstagger (sp) was very satisfying stopping the opposing teams attacking players from getting the ball, then laying it off for an attack.

The forwards at times were all sprinting towards the ball so we were able to just pass it around them and find space. When 3 or 4 people are involved in a passing move it's very satisfying

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Agreed, solid game on 360. CDwow could take weeks in my experience

Thanks for the reply. I think it's €40 in xtravision I might head down and get a copy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Did they take away the command to make your teammates make an overlapping run? Haven't been able to get my fullbacks to move forward at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

sumsar wrote: »
    Sure, if you want one football game and already own one, I don't see the need to buy on either, that's why I played the demos of both Fifa and PES and then bought just the one based on my judgement of that, I think alot of people done the same or traded in Fifa and got PES, I definitely wouldn't get both but this year I opted for PES over Fifa and so far I don't regret it but if you prefer Fifa then you might as well trade in PES.

Whats done it for me is looking at both and thinking which id rather play.

On one hand the gameplay is a major improvement on pes but its also very solid on fifa. There are the issues with the game changing in fifa and going against you but i think im almost used to it at this stage.

When i look at both games i see no real issues with gameplay from either game id be willing to stick with pro evo if they updated there out of date game modes and menus. I just cant over look how dated it all looks and how it all compared to fifa. For me its a good thing fifa has some proper competition now but at the same time i really dont think what pro evo currently offers in game modes is going to rival fifa in anyway because the gap is big. Gameplay there on them but the rest there a mile away and thats why i cant over look those issues and the game is not for me.

I enjoy fifa s career mode for what it is and Ultimate team is ok to go back to every now and again. Pro evo as soon as i started myclub and master league i just taught of what i was missing with fifa!.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The more I play, the more I'm fascinated by this game.
    I only ever play against CPU or mates offline.
    might venture into the team play online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Just don't think I'm buying into the hype of this game.

It's good a clear improved but if you already have fifa and enjoy that I see no reason to have this as well.

Thinking of trading it in and getting gta.

So you are going to buy into the GTA hype instead.

So you are going to buy into the GTA hype instead.

I had it for the ps3 and never got to play a lot of the online sections of the game ive seen enough to think i want to play it all again.

Id get more enjoyment out of it then i will this pro evo anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

Just don't think I'm buying into the hype of this game.

It's good a clear improved but if you already have fifa and enjoy that I see no reason to have this as well.

Thinking of trading it in and getting gta.

lol

lol

When your done loling there enlighten me?

When your done loling there enlighten me?

Will do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

game play on pes is top class.. unlike fifa where its a case of the team with the fastest players usually win... fifa had a phase when their game was the best, like pes had before them, now EA is all about ultimate team and making as much money as possible from it, gameplay has gone backwards, while this year for the first time in a long time pes has great gameplay and online seems to be working too...

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    game play on pes is top class.. unlike fifa where its a case of the team with the fastest players usually win... fifa had a phase when their game was the best, like pes had before them, now EA is all about ultimate team and making as much money as possible from it, gameplay has gone backwards, while this year for the first time in a long time pes has great gameplay and online seems to be working too...

See if ur basing the game fully on Ultimate team thats fine but if you play the other modes the gameplay is different.

Ive been playing career mode since day one now and how the game plays is really good even better when u change the sliders.

Playing ultimate team is a bad example because it feels so different to the other game modes. The whole money thing i agree with but thats EA for you. Konami would and will go down the very same route if it works for them.

Also the gameplay on pes is far from perfect shooting is a bit off at times and can also look weird. How players move at times is very heavy and labored. There are issues with both games gameplay pro evo has improved a lot and i enjoyed how it played but its not enough.

See if ur basing the game fully on Ultimate team thats fine but if you play the other modes the gameplay is different.

Ive been playing career mode since day one now and how the game plays is really good even better when u change the sliders.

Playing ultimate team is a bad example because it feels so different to the other game modes. The whole money thing i agree with but thats EA for you. Konami would and will go down the very same route if it works for them.

Also the gameplay on pes is far from perfect shooting is a bit off at times and can also look weird. How players move at times is very heavy and labored. There are issues with both games gameplay pro evo has improved a lot and i enjoyed how it played but its not enough.

I think PES is streets ahead in terms of gameplay. Fifa has all the glitz and glam, jazzy licenses and all that which a lot of people will prefer just because of these things. But, in relation the actual game of football, PES is the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭eggy81

I'm inclined to agree partially with you're earlier post. Think pes is definitely the better game of footy from a gameplay point of view. But after hating fifa 15 when I first got it I have to say after about half a season in career mode something clicked with me and find it really good in career mode. Also agree that while playing master league it just is a bit overly complicated to navigate around and perform certain tasks.
    Also obviously the whole career mode is presented better and has all the licences in FIFA.
    I'm going to play a lot of master league to see do I eventually enjoy it more than career. I love the way in evo certain players can impact the game tellingly at certain moments even if you are struggling.
    Think evo would be the better game to play against mates aswell. Both have their merits. I'll keep both and play plenty of both I'd say.

I think PES is streets ahead in terms of gameplay. Fifa has all the glitz and glam, jazzy licenses and all that which a lot of people will prefer just because of these things. But, in relation the actual game of football, PES is the winner.

Im yet to see how its so far ahead of fifa from what ive played so far.
    Like i said its a big improvement but it still has issues and so does fifa they both have there good and bad points i wouldnt put either ahead on gameplay because i dont think there going for the same thing. To me from playing both games theres something that is just off about pro evo it doesnt give me the same buzz.
    eggy81 wrote: »
    I'm inclined to agree partially with you're earlier post. Think pes is definitely the better game of footy from a gameplay point of view. But after hating fifa 15 when I first got it I have to say after about half a season in career mode something clicked with me and find it really good in career mode. Also agree that while playing master league it just is a bit overly complicated to navigate around and perform certain tasks.
    Also obviously the whole career mode is presented better and has all the licences in FIFA.
    I'm going to play a lot of master league to see do I eventually enjoy it more than career. I love the way in evo certain players can impact the game tellingly at certain moments even if you are struggling.
    Think evo would be the better game to play against mates aswell. Both have their merits. I'll keep both and play plenty of both I'd say.

I think what ultimately kills pro evo is the fact the game is so far behind fifa now as a full package that can be marketed and played by everyone.
    It should be the 'Game for real football fans'' and i hate hearing that now because its stupid and comes across as very hipster. We have the better gameplay so we dont need proper game modes or real players etc you can stick to your flashy fifa.

When pro evo becomes the ultimate game for gameplay it can say that but its not. If it wants to become the best football game again it needs to be able to play well and have proper game modes that actually work with what football is. Not some over the top idea they think is better.

When im playing a football game gameplay is huge but the actual feel of taking part in something that looks and feels like the real thing is just as huge. You dont get that in pro evo.

I dunno how many times my girlfriend mentioned to me over the weekend at how crap pro evo looked and that it looked like something you would play on an old pc. The game is really getting there with gameplay but everything else is not.

Theres things i hate about fifa and drive me mental but its still a better overall package then what pro evo offers. I have seen nothing in pro evo that makes me think wow this is so much better then any other football game. Really i would of loved for it to do that because i have so great memorys of playing the old games but there memorys thats all. I think so many people have been waiting for the very first real chance to drop fifa at all costs and fall in love with pro evo again. You can tell thats how a lot of people grade these games. Fifa is the big bad evil corporate monster and pro evo is the game made for real fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

I think PES has better ball movements, it seems truer.....player movement for me is still Fifa.....been playing the demo but went back to Fifa after a couple weeks off, got bored of the spammers and cheaters (only play these games online AI bores me to death).....overall Fifa is still ahead for me in most gameplay departments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I've a tip for some people, don't use the advanced shooting controls.

My players have been taking ages before shooting, running another few metres after I'd pressed square or taking touches in the 6 yard box when there's an open goal :eek: It was so frustrating, missed so many chances because of this.

I finally realised it was because of the advanced shooting, the players were waiting for me to direct the ball after I pressed square. So I'm back using basic shooting and it's all good.

When pro evo has a game mode that matchs or betters career mode on fifa they will win me over. The same goes for myclub.

Until then elements about the gameplay isnt enough. If you just want to play against your mates or online its grand if you actually want a game mode that you can put hours into and build great teams and improve players fifa is the only one out of the two that does this one right and thats what does it for me.

Overall im disappointed i only bought the game on Friday and im done with it already i wanted this one to change my mind but i think having both games is a waste of money so its fifa over pro evo for me. Im glad though that it is improving and so many people enjoy it so far i just hope they get there act together maybe some day when it comes to what game modes they offer but i doubt it.

When pro evo has a game mode that matchs or betters career mode on fifa they will win me over. The same goes for myclub.

Until then elements about the gameplay isnt enough. If you just want to play against your mates or online its grand if you actually want a game mode that you can put hours into and build great teams and improve players fifa is the only one out of the two that does this one right and thats what does it for me.

Overall im disappointed i only bought the game on Friday and im done with it already i wanted this one to change my mind but i think having both games is a waste of money so its fifa over pro evo for me. Im glad though that it is improving and so many people enjoy it so far i just hope they get there act together maybe some day when it comes to what game modes they offer but i doubt it.

OK we get it you prefer fifa. You've said it now a good few times. Stick with Fifa. Simple

Can we get back to just talking about Pes in this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

1. Gameplay should be the same across all modes.

2. You should not need to change sliders.

3. FIFA 15 is ridiculously bad.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    1. Gameplay should be the same across all modes.

2. You should not need to change sliders.

3. FIFA 15 is ridiculously bad.

1. Its aimed at a different market so theres no harm really.

2. The sliders are there for people who want to change elements of the game if they choose to its a good thing.

3. Its really not neither game is ''ridiculously bad''

OK we get it you prefer fifa. You've said it now a good few times. Stick with Fifa. Simple

Can we get back to just talking about Pes in this thread?

I am talking about pes just because its not all positive doesnt mean it shouldnt be said in here.

I think fifa still tops pro evo when i say it im not saying oh i want everyone to know how much i love fifa bla bla bla. I just think theres a lot of issues being over looked about pro evo even in a lot of the reviews theres no mention of what the actual game modes are like all just based around how the game plays and thats not even perfect.

You have to compare something to its rival when there competing. Thats the whole point otherwise both games would be the same.

I bought this game based on how everyone in here and a lot of other places are hyping it as being back to its best etc and im sorry i did now. This is why im bringing up the bad points about the game because people should know its not all sunshine and lollypops. The game is still lacking in many areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What is interesting is the Metacritic scores:

FIFA 15
    82 - 45 critics
    6.0 - 479 users

PES 2015
    84 - 23 critics
    7.8 - 155 users

Admittedly there is not the same sample but U
    users and critics are more in line on PES, as opposed to FIFA, where there is a big disparity.

The last number of FIFA games have been very good, I really like 14. 15 is broken. PES has retaken the throne.

The king is dead, long live the king!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Now that the game has been out for a few days, have we all settled on a game mode yet or are we messing about with different game modes testing them out?

Personally I've been sticking with the Master League, tested out the MyClub but I'd rather play Master League than messing about with contracts/buying players etc.

What game mode you all playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

Been playing a lot of my club for the online games and started a master league with Inter Milan havent really gone into the other modes much yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

online team play ongoing, Room luv ulongtime69

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Whoever said they straight swapped FIFA for pes the other day....I was in hmv today and they wanted 14 euro plus FIFA for pes!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

What console are ye on??

I'm still reading what everyone is saying about pro evo and thinking why am I not enjoying this game like everyone is saying I should? Ha

The fact I really can't enjoy the game modes and see them going no where compared to how fifas do is making it hard for me to enjoy the game.

I feel almost bad for wanting to get rid the game now ha. But I dunno it's just not doing it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Will join ya if that's ok.
    username IRLdude.
    I'm by no means good though!

Advertisement