Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Any one want a game on xb1?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

• Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Even in the days of pes 2-6 I always felt each new installment was a bit me at first. It always takes time.

Haven't bought this yet though so just saying that there's always an acclimatisation period regardless of whether or not it's a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

J Mysterio wrote: »
    What is interesting is the Metacritic scores:

FIFA 15
    82 - 45 critics
    6.0 - 479 users

PES 2015
    84 - 23 critics
    7.8 - 155 users

Admittedly there is not the same sample but U
    users and critics are more in line on PES, as opposed to FIFA, where there is a big disparity.

The last number of FIFA games have been very good, I really like 14. 15 is broken. PES has retaken the throne.

The king is dead, long live the king!

What's broken about FIFA 15?

I'm gonna get PES tomorrow and find out for myself.
    So many conflicting views on here regarding the online play which would be the main mode for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

noodler wrote: »
    Even in the days of pes 2-6 I always felt each new installment was a bit me at first. It always takes time.

Haven't bought this yet though so just saying that there's always an acclimatisation period regardless of whether or not it's a great game.

Just uses to how the game modes are in fifa that going to what pro evo has to offer now seems like a step back.

I dunno I guess if I was playing multiplayer I wouldn't notice this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Batesy wrote: »
    What's broken about FIFA 15?

I'm gonna get PES tomorrow and find out for myself.
    So many conflicting views on here regarding the online play which would be the main mode for me.

Off the top of my head..

Pace is still the single most important stat.

No real difference between teams. Play as Real Madrid or Southampton and they feel almost identical.

After kick off a pacy player can pretty much run straight through all your players.

AI teams all attack and defend the same.

I agree with some of your points about pace. It can be defended against though.

Your point about all teams being the same is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure if I played 10 games as Real against someone playing with Southamton I'd win all 10.

I'd mainly play against other players online so can't really comment on AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Still can't connect to a player in MYCLUB, anyone figure out the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Batesy wrote: »
    Your point about all teams being the same is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure if I played 10 games as Real against someone playing with Southamton I'd win all 10.

You missed my point.

Yes if you picked Madrid you'd win every time but you woudn't actually feel like you're playing as Madrid.

Example..

Pick Barcelona and pick Swansea and have them play the same formation.
    There is literally no difference in how each team actually plays. They all make the same runs, all keep the same shape and basically play nothing like their real life team.

Yes, you'd win pretty much every game as Barcelona but thats only because all the players are higher rated.

In Pes if i pick Barcelona i actually feel like i'm using them. I'm forced to play possession football. Same if i pick Madrid i'm forced to be direct.

This all comes down to FIFA having terrible team and individual AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ultimate team players buying cards removes a lot of the joy of building a team and there is skulduggery with the cards.

There are common exploits where guys just try and do the same thing ad nauseaum. Cheating from kick off essentially.

Annoying replay moments.

General fostering of ill will between players during every online game. Inability to message opposition.

Ease of sprinting through an entire team.

Awful defending/ positioning of players from kick off and set pieces.

Terrible goalkeeper AI

Poor physics engine for collisions and as a result terrible refereeing and silly penalties.

Moan moan etc. etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

sumsar wrote:
    What game mode you all playing?

im not into my club, still have yet to start master league! i am around 12 games into 'be a pro' and im enjoying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Ronaldo doesn't run like he has a load in his drawers in PES the way he does in Fifa

Ah right. I did miss your point there then.

I get what you're saying now. That's interesting.

I'm defo gonna buy PES and check it out this week. I was Pro Evo all the way right up till PES 6 and loved the whole option file scene. Sadly it looks like the edit function this time is severely limited though.

I've had every FIFA since then and the only one I hated was 12.

I'm enjoying 15. Makes you tear your hair out at times when you need 5 chances to score in some games and everything you hit goes in in others.

It's still great to play though and really looks amazing.

Colemania wrote:
    Whoever said they straight swapped FIFA for pes the other day....I was in hmv today and they wanted 14 euro plus FIFA for pes!

i did! i got it in Longford! i have no need to lie! fifa15 was 65.00 only a few weeks ago so i don't know why they are charging you extra! i got pes on Thursday afternoon!

Colemania wrote:
    Whoever said they straight swapped FIFA for pes the other day....I was in hmv today and they wanted 14 euro plus FIFA for pes!

and im just thinking a swap would be about right! i paid 65 euro for FIFA and now what they are saying to you is FIFA 15 is only worth 26 euro is it?? i mean pes is only 40 euro to buy!! thats wrong, i got the swap straight so don't understand how they are only valuing FIFA 15 at 26 euro now!

and im just thinking a swap would be about right! i paid 65 euro for FIFA and now what they are saying to you is FIFA 15 is only worth 26 euro is it?? i mean pes is only 40 euro to buy!! thats wrong, i got the swap straight so don't understand how they are only valuing FIFA 15 at 26 euro now!

You lose a lot of money on games as soon as you buy them.

I payed 55 for pro evo for the ps4 its now according to cex worth 35 euro......

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

The reviews and buzz around the game have me really excited. Can't wait until next payday to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Mines ****ed already...fairly pissed off.

Menu is real blurry and when i go to play a match i can see the cursor is all...rest is black.

Can pause and see menu but realll blurry.

That's my night gone lol

The reviews and buzz around the game have me really excited. Can't wait until next payday to pick it up.

I taught the very same thing had only got in the door but rushed back out to buy it :pac:.

I dunno though ill give it another go tonight before i make my mind up fully on it. So far im not sold 100 percent as much as id love to be!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

I genuinely think PES has returned to its glory days and you can see with some fanboys who don't like pes get really pi$$ed off when people talk about how good it is. A few mate aren't keen on pes over the years , having played the game religiously up untill pes 6 have even went and traded in their copy of fifa 15. This game has shown Fifa up in recent days and in fairness Fifa was doing a good job of showing itself up since launch with pace whores and running from half way line etc.

• Advertisement

RVN10 wrote: »
    I genuinely think PES has returned to its glory days and you can see with some fanboys who don't like pes get really pi$$ed off when people talk about how good it is. A few mate aren't keen on pes over the years , having played the game religiously up untill pes 6. This game has shown Fifa up in recent days and in fairness Fifa was doing a good job of showing itself up since launch with pace whores and running from half way line etc.

See id love if it was back to its best really i would cause i loved it back then i just dunno. Something doesn't feel right about the game as a whole and im not even standing up for fifa because its full of annoying issues itself.

Im playing this new pro evo and im feeling well this plays quite nice but there is this lingering feeling that something is missing it doesn't quite have the right feel to it. It feels inferior in ways not always gameplay but as a football game in general.

As bad an all as fifa can be at times ive got a really good buzz from playing it at times this year and i just dont feel that way so far with pro evo and believe me i did years ago!.

Its missing something for me i wish i could figure it out!

If you don't try playing manual. I play manual, lose more than I should coz of it but the manual passing is perfect

See id love if it was back to its best really i would cause i loved it back then i just dunno. Something doesn't feel right about the game as a whole and im not even standing up for fifa because its full of annoying issues itself.

Im playing this new pro evo and im feeling well this plays quite nice but there is this lingering feeling that something is missing it doesn't quite have the right feel to it. It feels inferior in ways not always gameplay but as a football game in general.

As bad an all as fifa can be at times ive got a really good buzz from playing it at times this year and i just dont feel that way so far with pro evo and believe me i did years ago!.

Its missing something for me i wish i could figure it out!

It is back to its best and this is what it needed to improve on from here. I read a great review the other day saying in Fifa its a nice flick here , nice flick there constantly in every game. However you dont see these un-nessecary flicks constantly in pes because real football that doesnt happen. In pes they are trying to recreate the football experience and i think Fifa has forgot the main ingredient in the last few years. Yes they have the licenses , the jerseys and the players but IMO with sh!t game play look what can happen to a game for EG Pes 6 up till 2014.

It is back to its best and this is what it needed to improve on from here. I read a great review the other day saying in Fifa its a nice flick here , nice flick there constantly in every game. However you dont see these un-nessecary flicks constantly in pes because real football that doesnt happen. In pes they are trying to recreate the football experience and i think Fifa has forgot the main ingredient in the last few years. Yes they have the licenses , the jerseys and the players but IMO with sh!t game play look what can happen to a game for EG Pes 6 up till 2014.

I dont think its the gameplay i have issue with more the fact i really dont like how they have setup master league or myclub.

I think there turning me off the game. Career mode and Ultimate team are much better game modes and have been setup a lot better. Dont mind there gameplay im just talking about how they look how they act and how they progress.

I dont think its the gameplay i have issue with more the fact i really dont like how they have setup master league or myclub.

I think there turning me off the game. Career mode and Ultimate team are much better game modes and have been setup a lot better. Dont mind there gameplay im just talking about how they look how they act and how they progress.

So what you are saying is Ultimate team and Career mode is better than Master League and myClub :P:D

So what you are saying is Ultimate team and Career mode is better than Master League and myClub :P:D

Pretty much ya :P If pro evo had game modes i really enjoyed i wouldnt feel so eager to give up on it. Its all well and good enjoying games but i like building towards something in a football game.

And what's the story with myclub. I dont get the mixture between com and online. One game I played online I wasn't controlling my team, just watching another online player play against my team! What's the craic there?

And what's the story with myclub. I dont get the mixture between com and online. One game I played online I wasn't controlling my team, just watching another online player play against my team! What's the craic there?

Aint noticed that! I dunno the idea itself is good i just think its not been put in to practice very well in the game. It seems to over complicated for its own good.

Pretty much ya :P If pro evo had game modes i really enjoyed i wouldnt feel so eager to give up on it. Its all well and good enjoying games but i like building towards something in a football game.

Maybe you should stick to Fifa might be the best approach and we can keep this thread about Pes , Master Leagues and myClub :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

One thing I want to know is you can't buy who you want in myclub? You get whoever your agent gets?

Advertisement