Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

RVN10 wrote: »
    Maybe you should stick to Fifa might be the best approach and we can keep this thread about Pes , Master Leagues and myClub :D

Grand ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

and im just thinking a swap would be about right! i paid 65 euro for FIFA and now what they are saying to you is FIFA 15 is only worth 26 euro is it?? i mean pes is only 40 euro to buy!! thats wrong, i got the swap straight so don't understand how they are only valuing FIFA 15 at 26 euro now!

Not saying you're lying. Just stating what I was told. Pes is 54 in hmv, I was offered 30 cash for FIFA or 40 credit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Finally got this today and just finished the 1gb update...

...Now to spend the next 4 hours editing all the kits,names and leagues in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

And what's the story with myclub. I dont get the mixture between com and online. One game I played online I wasn't controlling my team, just watching another online player play against my team! What's the craic there?

There are 3 sections.

1/ divisions where you play other people

2/ division (sim) which is coach mode

3/ cpu games

Not sure how you're mixing it up

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Finally got this today and just finished the 1gb update...

...Now to spend the next 4 hours editing all the kits,names and leagues in :D

My plan here is to do a league a night really, spend about 5-10 minutes updating the team names each night, not really sure yet how to go about the editing of kits and stuff, can you import kits downloaded from the internet or would I need to manually edit it myself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

must have been a glitch. i was playing online but had no control, maybe i didnt move controller over or something strange like that

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

sumsar wrote: »
    My plan here is to do a league a night really, spend about 5-10 minutes updating the team names each night, not really sure yet how to go about the editing of kits and stuff, can you import kits downloaded from the internet or would I need to manually edit it myself?

As far as I know you can't import option files into this PES. Hopefully there's a workaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

Grand ya.

you sure you don't for for EA?:) you are constantly on this thread putting PES down and FIFA better, which is fair,but its constant comparison! fifa is for my nephew, pes is for adults i feel!

Colemania wrote:
    Not saying you're lying. Just stating what I was told. Pes is 54 in hmv, I was offered 30 cash for FIFA or 40 credit

man i have it on 360,sorry! maybe its different on different consoles!

Mr Blobby wrote:
    ...Now to spend the next 4 hours editing all the kits,names and leagues in 

depends on what console you are on!? 360 option file is being released tonight or tomorrow I'm told by daymos

• Advertisement

so the option file, that wont be in effect online I assume?

you sure you don't for for EA?:) you are constantly on this thread putting PES down and FIFA better, which is fair,but its constant comparison! fifa is for my nephew, pes is for adults i feel!

Believe it or not i actually hate most of what EA does and first chance i get to take from them i do :pac:

Thing is im not putting PES down all im saying is it still has some big issues. Ive plenty of good to say about it as well i keep mentioning that im glad gameplay has improved and i actually enjoyed it.

Is this only a thread for positive feedback on the game so? Can nothing bad be said about it?

For me its not a case of fifa being better full stop because both games have issues its just a case i think Pro evo can do much better with certain elements and its those that are making me not enjoy the game as much as id like to.

i do it every year and it does carry online!

Believe it or not i actually hate most of what EA does and first chance i get to take from them i do :pac:

Thing is im not putting PES down all im saying is it still has some big issues. Ive plenty of good to say about it as well i keep mentioning that im glad gameplay has improved and i actually enjoyed it.

Is this only a thread for positive feedback on the game so? Can nothing bad be said about it?

For me its not a case of fifa being better because both games have issues its just a case i think Pro evo can do much better with certain elements.

No probs with negative feedback but ye've kind of repeated the same thing many times I think?

Did ye try 0 assist level on passing? manual shooting etc? I find it very rewarding

No probs with negative feedback but ye've kind of repeated the same thing many times I think?

Ya fair enough maybe i have. At the end of the day though its what is being done in all cases everyone talks about similar things weather its good or bad.

I keep mentioning certain things because i really think they are being over looked.

Did ye try 0 assist level on passing? manual shooting etc? I find it very rewarding

Its not the gameplay im having issue with its before and after that.

Anyway in all honestly im not trying to rubbish this game i mean i did buy it hoping it would be great!

Surely i cant be the only one whos bought it and thinks what i do!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I actually do agree with some of what you say. The menus are clunky. I'm having fun with my club but I'm not sure it's sustainable. Tbh though gameplay is class and that's the main thing

pffft defending is impossible. not a single tackle completed. cannot believe this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

pffft defending is impossible. not a single tackle completed. cannot believe this

What difficulty level are you playing on? I'm having no trouble winning the ball back, granted im only Playing on top player but surely its not impossible to tackle on superstar?

• Advertisement

Online. I can't change players fast enough. When I do get the right player (rarely) I just dont know what im doing wrong, not a single tackle working. I press close down, player gets spinned. Do most people use assisted change player or what? I don't know wtf is going on I feel retarded.

I was doing better on assisted-change-player, tryin to block runs with a guy behind and let the com close down but that would change me too often. Wanted more control, but trying to do it myself the ball just moves too fast forward to do anything at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Got Reus in my Day 1 pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

J Mysterio wrote: »
    One thing I want to know is you can't buy who you want in myclub? You get whoever your agent gets?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I've not given up on FIFA 15, I'll play it, most likely into the Summer of 2015.

But PES 2015 for me has stolen my heart. I haven't even got the full game yet, expecting my review copy tomorrow, but I've played about 20 matches against the CPU in the demo over the last few days. It feels so natural, there is such a sense of satisfaction in scoring a goal, and even sometimes passing your way out of trouble. It plays absolutely beautifully. I think the graphics are piss poor for a next-gen console, some of the players look hilariously bad, the fact you can't download an option file is a joke, the game modes are odd in places, and I don't care for the menus at all...

But I am absolutely in love with the game play, so much so that I don't give a **** about the extras.

One thing that I don't understand, however, is the attitude I'm noticing as if there is one clear winner and if you don't think PES is better you're just not a purist and only like the licences etc. That's incredibly stupid. This is a video game. Different people like different video games and have differing opinions on games. FIFA is fun if you play the right game modes. Ultimate Team has always been a bit of a joke. PES has taken a huge leap forward in terms of bare bones gameplay but as a total package it is by no means the finished article.

PES 2015 is a step in the right direction, and all of us have that absolutely golden nostalgia of when PES was incredible, so that's why people are so excited. In the next year or two I think we could have the football game we all want, a complete experience of gameplay and looks and features. Here's hoping, but for the time being I am impressed with PES for the first time since PES 6.

Sorry to bang on about this defensive **** but are ye not supposed to hold down COM close down button? Do people only press it sparingly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Sorry to bang on about this defensive **** but are ye not supposed to hold down COM close down button? Do people only press it sparingly?

I haven't played online yet but in single player I don't hold it down unless there's a chance of winning the ball, if you hold it down non stop the AI just strolls past you and I assume the same is true online. I try stand off until the AI takes an extra touch or makes a mistake then I make the tackle. I hold the AI pressure button for a bit until theyre close then hold it when I've a chance of winning the ball. Im no expert though so I'm sure there are better methods.

Cheers for that. It finally has started clicking and now the way I'm playing reminds me exactly how I played old pes. Doing a lot of feinting with my player (yea while defending) to confuse the attacker etc.

order is restored

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Anyone?

Yep, your agent buys your player, you don't search for who you want. Sounds crap but I'm actually enjoying it. You end up playing with players you never would have bought yourself and I think it makes the experience better. Also means we don't all end up with the same players for all our teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I've not given up on FIFA 15, I'll play it, most likely into the Summer of 2015.

But PES 2015 for me has stolen my heart. I haven't even got the full game yet, expecting my review copy tomorrow, but I've played about 20 matches against the CPU in the demo over the last few days. It feels so natural, there is such a sense of satisfaction in scoring a goal, and even sometimes passing your way out of trouble. It plays absolutely beautifully. I think the graphics are piss poor for a next-gen console, some of the players look hilariously bad, the fact you can't download an option file is a joke, the game modes are odd in places, and I don't care for the menus at all...

But I am absolutely in love with the game play, so much so that I don't give a **** about the extras.

One thing that I don't understand, however, is the attitude I'm noticing as if there is one clear winner and if you don't think PES is better you're just not a purist and only like the licences etc. That's incredibly stupid. This is a video game. Different people like different video games and have differing opinions on games. FIFA is fun if you play the right game modes. Ultimate Team has always been a bit of a joke. PES has taken a huge leap forward in terms of bare bones gameplay but as a total package it is by no means the finished article.

PES 2015 is a step in the right direction, and all of us have that absolutely golden nostalgia of when PES was incredible, so that's why people are so excited. In the next year or two I think we could have the football game we all want, a complete experience of gameplay and looks and features. Here's hoping, but for the time being I am impressed with PES for the first time since PES 6.

Both have their flaws but both are enjoyable in different ways, same sport different games

Advertisement