Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    You, on the other hand, are a dick! :pac:

I have to take it when it comes, I am getting routinely hammered otherwise :(

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Yeah there is. I think it's called Konami League/Cup. The only thing is as far as I know you can only have a minimum of 14 teams in a league which is ridiculous to be honest. So you can't set up a small league with some mates.

That's a pity as I regularly host tournament nights, also was hoping I could record one on one results offline against a mate who regularly comes round mine for offline games...won't complain too much as at least they have nailed the gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Yeah there is. I think it's called Konami League/Cup. The only thing is as far as I know you can only have a minimum of 14 teams in a league which is ridiculous to be honest. So you can't set up a small league with some mates.

That's a pity as I regularly host tournament nights, also was hoping I could record one on one results offline against a mate who regularly comes round mine for offline games...won't complain too much as at least they have nailed the gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Was reading online that reserving stamina is a must in this and sprinting should be a needs must activity

I've really found this. You can't just go charging around the place or else yer players are fooked by the 60th minute.

Also, I'm playing my Master League with Inter. It kinda gets around the lack of UK licenses and feels a little more authentic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Any sign on an option file for the PS3? Gonna cave and get this soon....price due to drop even lower than €40 anytime soon? Think it went as low as €25 soon after release last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Why does the digital download (for PC) cost more than buying the disc in a shop ? 40 euros compared to 35.......you'd think it would be the other way round if purely for the packaging/box etc

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

opengoal wrote: »

It's a bit of a strange decision alright, hopefully they make a change with some kind of patch. I don't know what the thinking is behind it to be honest!

I would say though that it's possibly the best football game ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

I would say though that it's possibly the best football game ever made.

Agreed, cracking game. And this is even though I'm struggling to get a game online. The gameplay is fantastic.

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Why does the digital download (for PC) cost more than buying the disc in a shop ? 40 euros compared to 35.......you'd think it would be the other way round if purely for the packaging/box etc

It's the same when you buy a game from the PlayStation Network instead of buying a physical copy. The thinking is your paying for the convenience of not having to go get it. A lot of nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

tigger123 wrote: »
    It's the same when you buy a game from the PlayStation Network instead of buying a physical copy. The thinking is your paying for the convenience of not having to go get it. A lot of nonsense.

Agree really makes no sense, no sell on value for people either

I feel I've been had, bought into the hype and bought the thing....I've only ever owned one PES before and I hated it, not long into this I think I feel the same......it's horrible! slow and clunky movement from the players......Looks and plays like Fifa world and that's a free game on Origin...........Fifa 15 is sooooo much better in the most important aspects ie game play and appearance

Thats great, thank you for sharing that

Thats great, thank you for sharing that

What? am I supposed to keep my gob shut unless I think it's great ??

I feel I've been had, bought into the hype and bought the thing....I've only ever owned one PES before and I hated it, not long into this I think I feel the same......it's horrible! slow and clunky movement from the players......Looks and plays like Fifa world and that's a free game on Origin...........Fifa 15 is sooooo much better in the most important aspects ie game play and appearance

Each to theirs own. I've played the new Fifa and didn't really enjoy it, the players feel too lightweight. I'd say you'll get a decent price to trade it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Fifa fanboy alert......

Fifa is the worst it has been this year since probably the PS2 versions of FIFA. Really enjoyed Fifa 09 and 13 was pretty decent but this year it's very poor. No effort gone into it gameplay at all but hopefully with PES being great this year will give EA a kick up the hole and they will improve it next year so I'll be back to playing 2 soccer games a year!

Bought PES and FIFA the last 2 years, skipped 2012, and had 2011 also but didn't touch any other 360 version as I thought they were awful. PES 2014 was promising initially but the gameplay had nothing on FIFA i felt as everything was very delayed.

Thank god PES is on its way back to the top!

P.S..... Anyone want my copy of FIFA 15? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

This my club team spirit stuff is confusing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

tigger123 wrote: »
    Each to theirs own. I've played the new Fifa and didn't really enjoy it, the players feel too lightweight. I'd say you'll get a decent price to trade it in.

Xtravision only offering €20 cash or €25 credit. Shocking for a new game. They have it for sale for €55.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dont you know this thread is only for talking positively about the greatest football game of all time! :pac:

Pro evos game play has really improved but other then that its a good thing its cheaper then most new games out now.

Dont you know this thread is only for talking positive about the greatest football game of all time! :pac:

No problem with people posting negative stuff. It was you repeating yourself over and over that was annoying people.

• Advertisement

No problem with people posting negative stuff. It was you repeating yourself over and over that was annoying people.

I bet if i was repeating what everyone wanted to hear over and over it be different though right?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

Lol. What PES did you own? And what age are you?

I bet if i was repeating what everyone wanted to hear over and over it be different though right?

No that would also be annoying.

If you dislike a game why post in and monitor the online thread on it?

I was torn between this and fifa to be honest, i think I would have been happy with either (and preferred the fifa demo but for numerous non existant penalties)

No delivery from littlewoods.ie today, hopefully in time for weekend.

No that would also be annoying.

If you dislike a game why post in and monitor the online thread on it?

I was torn between this and fifa to be honest, i think I would have been happy with either (and preferred the fifa demo but for numerous non existant penalties)

No delivery from littlewoods.ie today, hopefully in time for weekend.

You must find this thread annoying then?

I dont dislike the game? I said many times i think the gameplay is very good but thats it the rest is dated and needs work.

If i didnt have fifa i would of kept it.

What annoys me is that just because the gameplay has finally caught up and gotten to some sort of good standard again people think its ok for them to over look every other element of the game.

No one seems to have issue with all the other things its missing to be a truly great football game.

This is the annoying thing about gamers and the games that have major rivals if you have anything bad to say about a game your a ''fanboy'' of the other one.

You must find this thread annoying then?

I dont dislike the game? I said many times i think the gameplay is very good but thats it the rest is dated and needs work.

If i didnt have fifa i would of kept it.

What annoys me is that just because the gameplay has finally caught up and gotten to some sort of good standard again people think its ok for them to over look every other element of the game.

No one seems to have issue with all the other things its missing to be a truly great football game.

This is the annoying thing about gamers and the games that have major rivals if you have anything bad to say about a game your a ''fanboy'' of the other one.

I had no issue with your post, more the one that said "this is ****" (not yours).

I havent had the chance to play it much, just a few games on my brothers PS3, and preferred it to FIFA as each team has their own style. But it really is each to their own.

FIFA has always been streets ahead when it comes to the off the field stuff. I have heard awful things about Master league which had turned me off it. But not having owned a FIFA or PES since 2012 am not really aware of the FIFA offering and how that works.

I had no issue with your post, more the one that said "this is ****" (not yours).

I havent had the chance to play it much, just a few games on my brothers PS3, and preferred it to FIFA as each team has their own style. But it really is each to their own.

FIFA has always been streets ahead when it comes to the off the field stuff. I have heard awful things about Master league which had turned me off it. But not having owned a FIFA or PES since 2012 am not really aware of the FIFA offering and how that works.

I just feel fifa is an overall better package it's game play may have annoying elements at times but again that depends ultimate team tends be worst. Look at it this way I would love to see what a game with the game play of pro evo and everything else of fifa would play like!

I genuinely hope pes gets there act together and really carrys on from this year they have the foundation with there game play to really build from here on in.

But it will do the game and it's future no good to not talk about its bad points and issues because they will never get fixed then.

The fact the game got so much bad press over last few years gave them no choice but to improve gameplay I just hope they can fix the rest.

I just feel fifa is an overall better package it's game play may have annoying elements at times but again that depends ultimate team tends be worst. Look at it this way I would love to see what a game with the game play of pro evo and everything else of fifa would play like!

I genuinely hope pes gets there act together and really carrys on from this year they have the foundation with there game play to really build from here on in.

But it will do the game and it's future no good to not talk about its bad points and issues because they will never get fixed then.

The fact the game got so much bad press over last few years gave them no choice but to improve gameplay I just hope they can fix the rest.

I think everyone does, two strong football games just push each other to improve. There is a market for both games as there are different ways people like to play their games.

Hopefully, they will. For me gameplay is the most important thing (and as i said i loved that each team had their own style). For others it is everything around it. There is no wrong and no right :)

I think a bit of Pro-Ev snobbery can exist amongst some of its fans (my bro is one :P) who automatically dismiss FIFA without playing it.

I think everyone does, two strong football games just push each other to improve. There is a market for both games as there are different ways people like to play their games.

Hopefully, they will. For me gameplay is the most important thing (and as i said i loved that each team had their own style). For others it is everything around it. There is no wrong and no right :)

I think a bit of Pro-Ev snobbery can exist amongst some of its fans (my bro is one :P) who automatically dismiss FIFA without playing it.

Game play is obviously really important but I couldn't overlook the look and feel of this game compared to its rival. I mean there in direct conpition I know pro evo can't complete when it comes to licences etc but what's stopping them having more stable straight forwards game modes and sorting the graphics and commentary out.

It's great to have a game that plays well but if it cant hold your interest what's the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Ugh, THE COMMENTARY!

Just get it away, it's awful. Constantly contradicting each other, it's shíte.

• Advertisement

Lol. What PES did you own? And what age are you?

What's any of that got to do with anything.....nope it's a clunky mess this game, with a menu system straight from the 1990's... if Fifa was too fast then this is too slow......online doesn't work, constantly live updating constantly establishing connection/testing network environment/loading saved data/unable to establish connection......it's a mess

Advertisement