Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

pes2014 was terrible very clunky.

Konami really dont get online at all, still have stupid systems in place. I actually play FIFA now just cos I can play with Pats and its not bad even if a 4 foot player can outjump my 6 foot defender.....everytime because his stats number for heading are higher........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I find Pro is a game that just disappoints people anymore, Never made the jump to PS3, played a game at a friends and it felt horrible, like controlling people on tracks, in no way fluid, just a really bad game.
    Its a bit sad when you have people saying its better than Fifa, when it doesnt come close tbh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

astonaidan wrote: »
    I find Pro is a game that just disappoints people anymore, Never made the jump to PS3, played a game at a friends and it felt horrible, like controlling people on tracks, in no way fluid, just a really bad game.
    Its a bit sad when you have people saying its better than Fifa, when it doesnt come close tbh

Are there still people out there who think it's better than FIFA? I mean, it was by far the best football game out there in my own opinion (as I've said many times) but, as you've said, it never made a successful jump from the PS2/XBOX. Such a shame and really a story of what could have been.

Then again, maybe PES 2015 will be different! :pac: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Wilberto wrote: »
    Are there still people out there who think it's better than FIFA? I mean, it was by far the best football game out there in my own opinion (as I've said many times) but, as you've said, it never made a successful jump from the PS2/XBOX. Such a shame and really a story of what could have been.

Then again, maybe PES 2015 will be different! :pac: :D
    Yup id agree I was a massive pro fan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Big day tomorrow as the demo gets released.
    Some die-hards are already getting the Winning 11 demo from the Japanese download stores to check it out.
    Reviews to be out on evo-web.co.uk v soon.
    Be sure to post your feelings tomorrow when you have a good go of the demo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭irishchris

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Big day tomorrow as the demo gets released.
    Some die-hards are already getting the Winning 11 demo from the Japanese download stores to check it out.
    Reviews to be out on evo-web.co.uk v soon.
    Be sure to post your feelings tomorrow when you have a good go of the demo.

Demo is out today? Already released in ps3 and ps4. Waiting on Xbox one version

irishchris wrote: »

oh you're right! Sorry!
    can;t wait to get home so!
    When does the XBox store update? I'll be waiting for the 360 demo.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Thought last year was the first bad PES, didn't like it at all. Think 2013 was a great game and so were the ones immediately before it, this is on XBOX 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

irishchris wrote: »

Can't see it in the PSN store?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Looking forward to playing this on PS4 tonight. Fingers crossed that this is the year they finally make it right.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to playing this on PS4 tonight. Fingers crossed that this is the year they finally make it right.

starting on a bad note!!

http://www.pesfan.com/blog/2014/09/17/pes2015-demo-konami-announcement/
    Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. has announced new release dates for the PES 2015 playable demo.

The demo is available now in Asia (excluding Japan) for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3, while the Xbox One version will be made available on September 18th.

The demo will also be made available in Japan for PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3 and Xbox One on September 18th, and in the US for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360 on September 23rd. Demo dates for Europe will be announced shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

daRobot wrote: »
    Can't see it in the PSN store?

Me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭irishchris

whiskeyman wrote: »

Think bad decision by konami. Fifa 15 launches sept 23 in us. People aren't going to buy another soccer franchise when they have already picked up one that day. Wouldn't be surprised if Europe's release date is 25\26 to coincide with Fifa launch date there

It is available on the HK store so I'm going to create a new account tonight to download it.

I've been playing the PES 2015 demo for a little while now and I'm very happy. The major flaw in PES 2014 for me was the input lag between the controller and the players movements. It always felt like the new game engine was struggling on the PS3. No worries with the PS4. Player response is smooth.

One other things that they fixed which has always bothered me is quick restarts from a throw-in. No more pointless replays, just straight back into action.

Below is a goal I scored with Bayern.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

That sounds really promising. I'm not convinced that Fifa will be OK this year so might make the move or at least wait for impressions of both retail versions of the game.

There's definitely room for 2 soccer sims so hopefully Konami can up their game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    That sounds really promising. I'm not convinced that Fifa will be OK this year so might make the move or at least wait for impressions of both retail versions of the game.

There's definitely room for 2 soccer sims so hopefully Konami can up their game again.

Thats what I have been hoping for the past 5 years only to be let down. But here's hoping :)

Had a few games of the PES demo, via the Hong Kong method (very easy to do, just set up a PSN account with a HK address)

Personally, I think it's a very poor effort. The graphics are very average, the animations and physics seem unrealistic, and unlike Josey's assessment above, I think there is a bit of button lag.

The interface is also awkward and clunky. Oh, and that power up bar that goes under the players is just cringeworthy bad.

Disgarding the above, the gameplay is decent, and no doubt it'll be a fun game, but Fifa 15 is so vastly superior (and this comes from someone who wouldn't touch a Fifa game until the ps4 release, which I thoroughly enjoyed)

Played the Fifa 15 demo straight after, and it feels like night and day.

With PES in the past you could put up with the poor commentary, lack of official kits etc, due to the superior gameplay. Sadly, the gameplay is not longer in any way better, so to me Fifa is a no-brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

corcaigh07 wrote: »

I've been waiting for the demo before I make up my mind but I'm thinking of just getting Fifa and trading it in against PES when its out.
    As much as I want to hold out for pes i've been let down too many times by konami

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/pes-2015-demo-available-right-now/

Update to article says its delayed. Could be Sept 23rd but not sure if that'sUSA only as it says they will announce European dates later.

• Advertisement

Keith186 wrote: »
    http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/pes-2015-demo-available-right-now/

Update to article says its delayed. Could be Sept 23rd but not sure if that'sUSA only as it says they will announce European dates later.

Looking like Sept 24th for Europe Demo release now.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Aethan Dor

Have to say I'm impressed with the apparent Movement fluidity in the few clips on here, really looking forward to it !

Yeah of course I'll get it, I've slavishly gotten all the PS3 versions and hopefully my loyalty is about to be rewarded lol ! Oh except I hope to be able to move onto a PS4 in time for PES2015 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

It a bit idiotic brining out the demo the day FIFA comes out in the states.

ASOT wrote: »
    It a bit idiotic brining out the demo the day FIFA comes out in the states.

Welcome to the world of Konami :D

If the demo is delayed and botched, just imagine what the final release will bring.
    No wonder it won't be until November anyway!

Guys, just download the Japanese demo, which has an option for English.

Why are you even waiting, it takes literally 2 minutes to open a new PSN account.

daRobot wrote: »
    Guys, just download the Japanese demo, which has an option for English.

Why are you even waiting, it takes literally 2 minutes to open a new PSN account.

Those of us with an antiquated XBox 360 have to wait :p

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

Got it from the HK store on Xbox One. Played a few games and really enjoyed it, found it hard to put down. Presentation and all that stuff isn't great but the game play feels nice. reminds me of PES5/6. There's a nice pace to it, scored a couple of class goals with Ronaldo and James that put a smile on my face. If its good online I'd probably get it for multiplayer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Zico-PES wrote: »
    Got it from the HK store on Xbox One. Played a few games and really enjoyed it, found it hard to put down. Presentation and all that stuff isn't great but the game play feels nice. reminds me of PES5/6. There's a nice pace to it, scored a couple of class goals with Ronaldo and James that put a smile on my face. If its good online I'd probably get it for multiplayer.

That's a very bold statement to make. If it turns out anything like either of those two then Konami are onto a winner!

Fingers crossed here anyway that you're right! :D:D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Got it myself off HK Store.

Not a fan of the Overly complicated presentation....as with every PES.

Gmae play is very enjoyable and i still havent figured out proper dribbling/Skills Etc

Scored so crackers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

Do you think it will work on the Xbox 360?

Advertisement