Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Ruxjit wrote: »
    Do you think it will work on the Xbox 360?

The 360 demo is out tomorrow on XBox Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

Downloaded the Demo on the Xbox 360 and played 2 games and I like it.

Just have to Learn how to play PES again it's hard to iron out your fifa habits.

Looking good enough no to move up to the next gen too.

Wonder if anyone has any thoughts on the Xbox 360 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,124 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Huge difference, visually, between the PS4 and One demos.
    FoxEngine at work perhaps.........regardless, there's absolutely no reason both versions should not be identical to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Very impressed with the demo. Different to what I expected but I think I'll pick up PES this year

Very impressed with the demo. Different to what I expected but I think I'll pick up PES this year

Only got 2 games on the 360 demo last night.
    Definately plays different to what I expected also, and different to anything I've seem from PES in years.
    There's definitely touches of more of a PES05/06 feel to some of the play.
    The ball weight and physics seems off, and there's odd spurts during the game.
    There's still a lot of missed responsiveness I feel.
    Still, I think I need to play a lot more games, as it could grow to be good.
    Time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Definately plays different to what I expected also, and different to anything I've seem from PES in years.
    Time will tell.

Played it on Regular and Superstar. Superstar was just mental, could only get the ball off them when they attacked as they kept passing the ball around at the back. Drew nil all and lost 1 or 2 nil on Superstar anyway.

On Regular it was a bit too easy but good enough to let you get a hang of the game. Visually I think it looks worse than last year but I think there's something about the gameplay that is drawing me in a bit more this year. Ok the movement of the players and everything looks very unrealistic but you can play some nice passes around, which were very responsive compared to PES 2014, and score some absolute crackers too. The long through ball trick doesn't seem to work anymore which is good and shooting is a bit tougher which is also good.

The menus look awful (just speaking about the demo) and the team management screen looks very dated and well......s**t really.

I do think i'll buy it in November but would prefer if it was out at the usual time as i have reservations about getting fifa this year.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is the ability to use the D-Pad for direction totally gone now?

COuldnt find a controller options section on the demo.

noodler wrote: »
    Is the ability to use the D-Pad for direction totally gone now?

COuldnt find a controller options section on the demo.

Haven't checked it out but i thought in the custom control options it was still there as an option on top to use left stick or d-pad.

I've a friend who still uses the D-Pad for games. Can't adapt to chaaaaaange :P

Colemania wrote: »
    Haven't checked it out but i thought in the custom control options it was still there as an option on top to use left stick or d-pad.

I've a friend who still uses the D-Pad for games. Can't adapt to chaaaaaange :P

Either can I, it simply takes too long to move the stick from left to right imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Played a game on PS4 and I love it, can't wait to get the full release and start my master league I haven't felt this good about Pro Evo since 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

McDermotX wrote: »
    Huge difference, visually, between the PS4 and One demos.
    FoxEngine at work perhaps.........regardless, there's absolutely no reason both versions should not be identical to each other.

Which looked better do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Time will tell.

Feels like they went right back to basics and created a modernised PES6. The weight of the ball seemed a bit off a few times with quick passing moves at times but overall I was very impressed with the passing and shooting.
    A few times a through ball would go to the wrong player but I'm used to that from Fifa.

The opposition AI is pretty incredible at times, I got caught out with some great balls and have had some savage football played against me, every team seems to have it's own style and it shows through over a full game

• Registered Users Posts: 15,124 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Which looked better do you think?

Definitely the PS4 one. Far more detailed and clean looking.
    One version looks like its an upscale job from 720p, without an effective AA technique at work. Some have said it's not as fluid as the PS4 one.......dunno about that, but then I only played a couple games. There were some differences between Ground Zeros running the FoxEngine fair enough, but it's immediately more apparent with PES' use of it.
    Perhaps there'll be a patch prior to release, but it's not exactly the most taxing game in the world, so you'd expect parity between the versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Jesus the demo played very nicely.

Impressed, so much so I'll be picking this up.

Played 8 or 9 games - not enough to persuade me to purchase.

Persist with stupid menu screens as well it seems.

Responsiveness just isn't there for me, compared to PES06.
    Far too many times the players take an extra touch when I want a first time shot / pass.
    During one game, I sent in a great cross for an unmarked striker to unleash a sure goal, only for him to take a touch and then watch the keeper save the day.
    The 'spurts' of pace seem very jittery and the flow just seems off.
    While it's a step in the right direction, too much of it feels off to me.
    Maybe I'm still harking to much back to PES06, but to me that was pure soccer gaming perfection. I still can't fault it to this day and have some fantastic matches on it.
    I'll still give PES15 another chance and may need to practice on the moves / controls more to get the most out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Responsiveness just isn't there for me, compared to PES06.

Same here, for me (playing Xbone version) its nothing like PES 6, its still far too slow and unresponsive. As much as I want PES to be as good as it was, this isn't close to as good as FIFA. Every year I hope that it will be good again, but it's just not in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I like it. Played a few back to back games of this and the Fifa demo on the PS3. Player responsiveness and ball physics seem good to me, powering a pass seems to work the way I want it to. Some people thought player responsiveness was slow, I think it's more natural. Shooting is far better, it's like the PES of old. Shooting and dribbling were my main problem with the last game, this is miles ahead. Dribbling is way better than 2014.
    Negatives for me would be selecting a player when defending is a bit weird. It selects the wrong player a lot. OR if you slide in on a player and win the ball which breaks towards another player, you can't select him, it's like the computer thinks the player that made the tackle is in control of the ball. In fact, defending is poxy, complete opposite of the last game. Might just need a change in the player select options. And for people hoping online might be good? Forget about it, it won't. It's never been good and I've lost all hope that Konami can do it.

I think 2013 is far better than 2014, but this is the best one in a long time, after playing fifa back to back I definitely prefer this. Fifa seemed very arcady, players changing direction at full speed unnaturally and just didn't seem as smooth.
    That's all on the PS3, definitely worth downloading both and deciding what you like best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

I like the demo. Then again I liked pes 14 demo and look how that turned out.hope this comes good I need a decent footy game in my collection,I hate Fifa.

hadepsx wrote: »
    I like the demo. Then again I liked pes 14 demo and look how that turned out.hope this comes good I need a decent footy game in my collection,I hate Fifa.

What Console are you on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Ruxjit wrote: »
    What Console are you on?

Ps3.why

hadepsx wrote: »
    Ps3.why

Just wondering. I'm on Xbox 360 and I like the demo also. Fifa is jaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Played one game of the demo and I thought it was excellent. Smoothed out a lot of the problems with pes 14. The gameplay feels much more fluid and player movement is far better. Players making more intuitive runs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

I thought it was awful, felt way too clunky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

I thought it was awful, felt way too clunky.

A lot of players are known to experience the same feeling when making the switch if they're more used to the 'on ice skates' automated feel of FIFA.

Downloaded the demo after giving up on fifa 15 on xbox one.

Enjoyed it I have to say :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Giruilla wrote: »
    A lot of players are known to experience the same feeling when making the switch if they're more used to the 'on ice skates' automated feel of FIFA.

I dunno, I was a massive fan of the classic PES games, along with 2010, 2011, and 2012. Lost interest after 2013 and this seems no better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

I want their to be a revival but I think the user base FIFA has created means even if Pro Evo is better there won't be half as many of my friends playing it!

Have the demo downloaded and I'm giving it a go after work

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KarimT

Been into a lot of FIFA play since Fifa 2001 onwards and have seen all games released since through and through. I can honestly say the last Fifa 14 was a very good one and in general, they do make it ever-so-slightly better each year. Would you recommend me to try some of the latest PES as well? Thanks!

• Advertisement

I honestly do find PES 2015 very interesting this year. I do think it could be fantastic this year but there's always the strong likelihood that it can go disastrously wrong also.

Main aspects of this game that could go wrong regardless of what they promise about this game:
    • The online mode will be very laggy once again due to lack of dedicated servers
    • The weekly/monthly updates that they have promised will not happen
    • Any bugs or glitches that appear will not be fixed for about 3-4 months thus turning people off it that had originally bought it day one

They will have to release this at a low price also as nobody will buy it at full price. Here's hoping they get it right!

Advertisement