Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Got it yesterday for the ps3. Pretty impressed I must say but I've only been playing myclub against the comp. For love not money I can beat brazil in the final of the America cup. Neymar scores the same 2 goals every time which is frustrating.

Anyone any tips on making money on myclub? It seems to be that you play with a **** team to hopefully get a good team eventually but never actually play with it because contracts are too expensive. Seems a bit weird to me?

How lucky have ye got with the black ball? I only got one and it was 85 rated Pjanic from roma which I'm happy with. I've only got mid 70's other than him..the most familiar being Kevin Nolan.

Got goetze free with the downlaod and luckily got bale as my team of the year player...he is a beast. Whenever I get to play him ha

Play the novice cup a few times with rubbish players. Sell on the players when their out of contract and you'll save up a bit of GP that way.
    Don't waste too much GP yet wait for a special agent to show up, the champions league agents a few weeks back were unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

Play the novice cup a few times with rubbish players. Sell on the players when their out of contract and you'll save up a bit of GP that way.
    Don't waste too much GP yet wait for a special agent to show up, the champions league agents a few weeks back were unreal.

Yeah tried doing that alright but get disconnected from most games against the computer now even. The servers really are a pile of crap. It's fair frustrating because I have Bale and Goetze on the bench to bring the team strength up to make me eligible for the Novice cup but when it disconnects it costs everyone a contract so theirs have expired now for no reason.

On a positive note I did get Yaya Toure from that reach for the stars Agent when I finally beat Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Couldnt have a better username for this thread there friend. Frieeeeend.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Couldnt have a better username for this thread there friend. Frieeeeend.

I'M NOT YOUR F***ING FRIEND,ALRIGHT? :P:D

Yeah tried doing that alright but get disconnected from most games against the computer now even. The servers really are a pile of crap. It's fair frustrating because I have Bale and Goetze on the bench to bring the team strength up to make me eligible for the Novice cup but when it disconnects it costs everyone a contract so theirs have expired now for no reason.

On a positive note I did get Yaya Toure from that reach for the stars Agent when I finally beat Brazil.

I haven't had too many problems with disconnections, only ever happens to me in teamplay with 5+ players on.
    Can you play the computer cups offline?

• Advertisement

I haven't had too many problems with disconnections, only ever happens to me in teamplay with 5+ players on.
    Can you play the computer cups offline?

Id say I've played around 40 games and disconnected from around 10 of them. My internet is normally grand..even for Fifa ha. It just got annoying today because I got disconnected from 2 in a row. The first one caused bale to be out of contract which cost 3.5k GP and then the next game caused goetze to be out of contract and I didn't have to funds to renew. It's also costing Toure and Pjanic contracts and all my **** bench players which means I'm not earning enough money from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

just got this yesterday for my XBox One, just played two games and already think it years ahead of fifa15 on pure gameplay. was able to get the tempo of a game right off the bat and with a few clean crisp passes the tempo went up and carved open a chance from some slick build up play. did not score but still felt really cool.

played a champions league group game for my 2nd and was delighted at some of the animations and again slick passing.... really glad i chose this over fifa15 - i have that on the PS4 already and nearly never play it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

BrookieD wrote: »
    just got this yesterday for my XBox One, just played two games and already think it years ahead of fifa15 on pure gameplay. was able to get the tempo of a game right off the bat and with a few clean crisp passes the tempo went up and carved open a chance from some slick build up play. did not score but still felt really cool.

played a champions league group game for my 2nd and was delighted at some of the animations and again slick passing.... really glad i chose this over fifa15 - i have that on the PS4 already and nearly never play it

Be prepared for a period of frustration followed by joy and then frustration again :P

When I got it initially I loved it. Then it got very frustrating when I couldn't find a game online and I was getting beaten in every my club game.

Gave it a break due to exams and work and started playing again recently, with a proper internet connection, and I love it again. Have some awful games but then have some amazing games where it's 6-1 to me or 4-3 to me/them. Have played against Ronaldo a lot and he hasn't done much. Benzema is unreal though and I've suarez and he's a super finisher. Got him when he was 89 rated and now he's 91 so I got the upgrade too

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Been playing it tonight. Mostly doing online divisions. It's ok, I enjoy it but my god the players feel so slow. My mind is three to four passes ahead of the game and it's driving me mental. Serious amount of leg winding when taking a shot...just smack the damn ball!!

Online record: 4 played, 1 won. 4 red cards. I'm not very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭donnyb28

Got sick of FIFA and bought this on PSN for €20, so far really liking the gameplay, very impressed! (Haven't played PES since PES 08 :eek:)

Playing myteam mode is very challenging, I have a few good players but with all the contracts only lasting 10 games, are you expected to buy coins with actual money? Seems impossible to keep the club afloat otherwise, any tips?

• Advertisement

donnyb28 wrote: »
    Got sick of FIFA and bought this on PSN for €20, so far really liking the gameplay, very impressed! (Haven't played PES since PES 08 :eek:)

Playing myteam mode is very challenging, I have a few good players but with all the contracts only lasting 10 games, are you expected to buy coins with actual money? Seems impossible to keep the club afloat otherwise, any tips?

Keep using the free agents you get after every match and don't over spend on the 10,000gp agents. Play a few games against the computer everyday, and every day you log in you get GP and coins.
    I managed to save up 200,000 GP over christmas and went on a mad spree of opening agents and have at least 15,000 always leftover for contracts.
    You don't need to have a team of absolute superstars a few of my best players are 70-75 rated. Huddlestone and Jordan Ayew are keeping Pirlo and Rossi out of my team, I don't know why but they are absolutely phenomenal in my tactic

Keep using the free agents you get after every match and don't over spend on the 10,000gp agents. Play a few games against the computer everyday, and every day you log in you get GP and coins.
    I managed to save up 200,000 GP over christmas and went on a mad spree of opening agents and have at least 15,000 always leftover for contracts.
    You don't need to have a team of absolute superstars a few of my best players are 70-75 rated. Huddlestone and Jordan Ayew are keeping Pirlo and Rossi out of my team, I don't know why but they are absolutely phenomenal in my tactic

Yeah I see that its all about team spirit and tactics rather than individual skill, which is pretty cool. That's grand, I will try my best to stay from the special agents, its a shame contracts aren't cheaper but I suppose it makes it more of a challenge to balance the team by forcing to use poor players, instead of a team of superstars.

Hard to get into that idea coming from FUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

Not sure about PES 2015. It just doesn't look great comparing it to Fifa 15. Even though I am a bit annoyed with Fifa I still would not go for PES 15. The only reason I am annoyed at Fifa is that I can't sell some good players I packed so I can't get the coins and also I bought my team when the price ranges came out and now when I look at the players prices I see that I overpaid about 3-4 Mil for two of my players and I sold about 5 players and lost about 500K on each. If I bought my team now I could of got more better players.

donnyb28 wrote: »
    Yeah I see that its all about team spirit and tactics rather than individual skill, which is pretty cool. That's grand, I will try my best to stay from the special agents, its a shame contracts aren't cheaper but I suppose it makes it more of a challenge to balance the team by forcing to use poor players, instead of a team of superstars.

Hard to get into that idea coming from FUT.

You can improve your team spirit by giving players games under the same manager. Around 10-15 games should improve a players team spirit to almost max. You can even get a players TS up by keeping him on the bench.

Keep checking everyday for new managers aswell, you can get a few gems. Allegri was pretty cheap when I got him

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Near chucked my controller through the screen today. Dominated a game against Real Madrid as Ireland. One tackle - red card. Ronaldo gets a shot (only shot of the game) form an impossible angle and it soars over my keeper who I can only describe as AWOL...pointless.

Utterly drained. I'll be happy if I never see Bale's smug face for the rest of my life...

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

Near chucked my controller through the screen today. Dominated a game against Real Madrid as Ireland. One tackle - red card. Ronaldo gets a shot (only shot of the game) form an impossible angle and it soars over my keeper who I can only describe as AWOL...pointless.

Utterly drained. I'll be happy if I never see Bale's smug face for the rest of my life...

Yeah my controllers have a few breaks because of Fifa. What has been happening to me is I start the game of well and take a 1 or 2 goal lead and then end up losing because my opponent scoring the jammiest of goals. Aslo the referees let him away with loads. So annoying, have to buy new parts for my controller now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Thinking of picking this up for PS4, its only €20 on the PS Store. I would only be interested in playing games online, how is online play? is it easy to find a game, and is it lag free?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Its brilliant. No brainer for 20 smackers.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Its brilliant. No brainer for 20 smackers.

Nice, and online works alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Online has always worked fine for me.

• Advertisement

thorbarry wrote: »
    Nice, and online works alright?

It's better or worse than any other game it works fine. If you a game thats laggy for both players it automatically ends and you don't get a loss

Online has always worked fine for me.

Nice, I'm just a hesitant because any pro evo I bought between 2008 and 2012 always worked horribly online.

I got rid of FIFA a few weeks ago, its just not that good anymore. The pes demo is fantastic so looking forward to giving it a proper go online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Nice, I'm just a hesitant because any pro evo I bought between 2008 and 2012 always worked horribly online.

I got rid of FIFA a few weeks ago, its just not that good anymore. The pes demo is fantastic so looking forward to giving it a proper go online :)

Ya it works fairly well online in fairness, with a proper internet connection. A lot of people must be migrating to pro evo now because in the early days it was very hard to find a game and now you can get a game no bother. Came up against the same guy twice in seasons i think but that was it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I got rid of fifa for this as well and the only things that really bother me are the lack of stadiums and the fact there is no way to get the real kits on ps4 this year. But ya online has been fine mostly.
    Sometimes you'll disconnect from an opponent but it's mostly only if they or you have a poor Internet connection, as far as I can tell it's never because of the game.

Nice, cheers lads. Gonna pick this up before the deal ends on Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Got this over the christmas as I was a bit sick of Fifa myself. Lack of liscensing is a pain in the hole though. Went to play the Champions League the other night and Dortmund aren't in it. Stuff like that bugs me. If ya get PES, ya know there's going to be issues like that but Dortmund are a fairly major loss, I'm sure there's others.

Same with the names. Back with Pro Evo 3/4/5 I'd happily spend all day changing team, player and stadium names but don't have the time anymore. If I get next years one, I might just get it on PC where I can get a patch for all that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The thing I never understood is why can't PES integrate a patch system into the game itself. That way you could download all the real teams, kits and players and there'd be no issues with licenses since they were all created by other users. In other sports games with a shortage of licenses, you can do most of this within the game. I think it's a feature that would cut the gap on FIFA considerably, and it cuts out the need to go messing around with getting patches from your PC onto a USB drive then onto your system, which you can't even do on PS4. Still, I'll always buy PES every year anyways, it's only a couple of years away from really competing with FIFA too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

martyos121 wrote: »
    The thing I never understood is why can't PES integrate a patch system into the game itself. That way you could download all the real teams, kits and players and there'd be no issues with licenses since they were all created by other users. In other sports games with a shortage of licenses, you can do most of this within the game. I think it's a feature that would cut the gap on FIFA considerably, and it cuts out the need to go messing around with getting patches from your PC onto a USB drive then onto your system, which you can't even do on PS4. Still, I'll always buy PES every year anyways, it's only a couple of years away from really competing with FIFA too.

Pretty sure it is still illegal to support or operate a portal to copyrighted material even if you aren't the one creating it.

martyos121 wrote: »

You could do it in the past but they got sued by the bundesliga. It's all down to EA having exclusive licensing rights

• Advertisement

B_Sharp wrote: »
    Got this over the christmas as I was a bit sick of Fifa myself. Lack of liscensing is a pain in the hole though. Went to play the Champions League the other night and Dortmund aren't in it. Stuff like that bugs me. If ya get PES, ya know there's going to be issues like that but Dortmund are a fairly major loss, I'm sure there's others.

Same with the names. Back with Pro Evo 3/4/5 I'd happily spend all day changing team, player and stadium names but don't have the time anymore. If I get next years one, I might just get it on PC where I can get a patch for all that stuff.

Yeah its shame Dortmund aren't in the game, but my favorite player Reus is :)

God I miss the old PES days of downloading an option file with every team updated on it, unreal. Shame you couldn't do the same now with the PS4/X1.

Having played this for the last few days I'm so impressed with the setup, graphics etc. The only major gripe I have are penalties, they seem so 'flimsy' or poorly animated.

Advertisement