Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

On PS3, but I HATE the new corner and free kick system.

It is way too complicated. They prefected it in the earlier games and have ruined it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Started playing myClub again last night after a 2 or 3 month hiatus. I had a few spins with the Champions League QF Agent (70%) chance of a black ball. I got 6 black balls out of 7 spins.

I got Dani Alves, Javier Pastore, Thiago Motta, Simone Pepe, Alvaro Morata (gold ball), Lucas Moura, Toni Kroos. Not bad overall, but I've a heap of right wingers, attacking midfielders, defensive midfielders, and very little options for CB, LB, LW and ST.

At least Morata is a slight upgrade on Jordan Rhodes, Peter Crouch and El Hamdoui.

Currently have this line up (4-1-2-3):

Sinan Bolat
    D.Alves---Maicon---Coletto---Arias
    Motta

Kroos
    Ozil
    Hulk
    Morata
    Lucas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

v3ttel wrote: »
    Started playing myClub again last night after a 2 or 3 month hiatus. I had a few spins with the Champions League QF Agent (70%) chance of a black ball. I got 6 black balls out of 7 spins.

I got Dani Alves, Javier Pastore, Thiago Motta, Simone Pepe, Alvaro Morata (gold ball), Lucas Moura, Toni Kroos. Not bad overall, but I've a heap of right wingers, attacking midfielders, defensive midfielders, and very little options for CB, LB, LW and ST.

At least Morata is a slight upgrade on Jordan Rhodes, Peter Crouch and El Hamdoui.

Currently have this line up (4-1-2-3):

Sinan Bolat
    D.Alves---Maicon---Coletto---Arias
    Motta

Kroos
    Ozil
    Hulk
    Morata
    Lucas

Must have a go of this when I get a chance, earliest chance friday night. How long are they available for?

I'm in division 8 or 9 at the moment I think and my team is something like this:

Neto
    Rafael---Demechelis/Rekik---Mertesacker---Benito
    Bolanos
    Matic

Reus
    Downing/Pizzi----Suarez----Schurrle

Suarez is unreal and Schurrle has only started playing well since i changed manager and tactic whereby he moved from left mid to left winger.

Had Coates and Mertesacker centrebacks who were as slow as a funeral and Demechelis isn't the fastest either so I tend to use Rekik more. Mertesacker is a beast of a defender considering he has no pace! Matic was just what I needed to anchor my midfield.

Had Thauvin for right wing but he wasn't great and his contract ran out so i didn't bother renewing.

Colemania wrote: »
    Must have a go of this when I get a chance, earliest chance friday night. How long are they available for?

I'm in division 8 or 9 at the moment I think and my team is something like this:

Neto
    Rafael---Demechelis/Rekik---Mertesacker---Benito
    Bolanos
    Matic

Reus
    Downing/Pizzi----Suarez----Schurrle

Suarez is unreal and Schurrle has only started playing well since i changed manager and tactic whereby he moved from left mid to left winger.

Had Coates and Mertesacker centrebacks who were as slow as a funeral and Demechelis isn't the fastest either so I tend to use Rekik more. Mertesacker is a beast of a defender considering he has no pace! Matic was just what I needed to anchor my midfield.

Had Thauvin for right wing but he wasn't great and his contract ran out so i didn't bother renewing.

I'm not sure how long they are available for, hopefully until the QFs finish next week.

4-2-1-3 is my preferred formation, but it's really tricky to find a decent manager. In the list last night, there wasn't even one who plays it.

Did you get Reus as part of a pre-order? Any idea how many spins/black balls you've had?

v3ttel wrote: »
    I'm not sure how long they are available for, hopefully until the QFs finish next week.

4-2-1-3 is my preferred formation, but it's really tricky to find a decent manager. In the list last night, there wasn't even one who plays it.

Did you get Reus as part of a pre-order? Any idea how many spins/black balls you've had?

The manager i have is 4213. He's only 70 rated i think so the max player costs is only 460 or so.

Couldn't tell you how many spins i've done. Did loads in the early days with all the free 10k bonuses and got nobody good. Got Suarez as 89 rated after a few weeks and then he increased to 91 :) Only got Matic there recently too.

Ya I got Reus as my free player of the year. He was useless as a right mid but he's fairly decent, but not amazing, as attacking mid. I think if you bought it through the xbox/PS store you get a free Gotze AND free player of the year! Was watching a gaming youtubers video the other day and he got the free gotze as well as gotze in his player of the year :eek: He ended up discarding him as part of a game anyway but that would be sickening!

One of my friends got neuer and was initially pissed off to get a keeper but he said there's no getting passed him on my club! He has a polish striker from legia warsaw who has more than a goal a game, its mad how some random players can be your star player!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Haven't played in months, signed in and had 65,000 gp to spend. Got 5 black balls from the champions league thing.

Got Lucas Moura, Porto GK Helton, Javier Hernandez, J Moutinho and A Barzagli.

My best team looks like this now, not that I'll be able to use them all the time with the high wage costs.

Helton

?????----V. Kompany----A.Barzagli
    ?????

J Moutinho
    ??????

W. Sneijder

Gareth Bale
    Luis Suarez
    L.Moura

I got Bale at the start with the code and I luckily got Suarez, Kompany and Sneijder from black balls.

Suarez and Bale are a class combination. Bale cutting inside on his left and Suarez finesse finishing from anywhere near the box. Suarez has 190 goals and Bale has 139 for me in 51 games vs people and 36 vs COM

Colemania wrote: »
    The manager i have is 4213. He's only 70 rated i think so the max player costs is only 460 or so.

Couldn't tell you how many spins i've done. Did loads in the early days with all the free 10k bonuses and got nobody good. Got Suarez as 89 rated after a few weeks and then he increased to 91 :) Only got Matic there recently too.

Ya I got Reus as my free player of the year. He was useless as a right mid but he's fairly decent, but not amazing, as attacking mid. I think if you bought it through the xbox/PS store you get a free Gotze AND free player of the year! Was watching a gaming youtubers video the other day and he got the free gotze as well as gotze in his player of the year :eek: He ended up discarding him as part of a game anyway but that would be sickening!

One of my friends got neuer and was initially pissed off to get a keeper but he said there's no getting passed him on my club! He has a polish striker from legia warsaw who has more than a goal a game, its mad how some random players can be your star player!

I was happy enough to get Ozil, or at least some attacking player. He made a massive difference to me at the start. I didn't realise there was a possibility to get Gotze AND another UEFA team of the year player.

I didn't realise how difficult it would be to get black balls, and even when you get them, the players can be average enough. I've only had 1 black ball in about 30 spins, before I discovered the Champions League QF agent.

I'll have another few spins tonight, hope to get Tevez, Cavani, or some semi decent striker at least. Chicharito would be ideal.
    Haven't played in months, signed in and had 65,000 gp to spend. Got 5 black balls from the champions league thing.

Got Lucas Moura, Porto GK Helton, Javier Hernandez, J Moutinho and A Barzagli.

My best team looks like this now, not that I'll be able to use them all the time with the high wage costs.

Helton

?????----V. Kompany----A.Barzagli
    ?????

J Moutinho
    ??????

W. Sneijder

Gareth Bale
    Luis Suarez
    L.Moura

I got Bale at the start with the code and I luckily got Suarez, Kompany and Sneijder from black balls.

Suarez and Bale are a class combination. Bale cutting inside on his left and Suarez finesse finishing from anywhere near the box. Suarez has 190 goals and Bale has 139 for me in 51 games vs people and 36 vs COM

Serious team with Bale and Suarez. My best player from a Top or Regular agent has been Hulk, who I absolutely despise as a footballer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just got a few of those CL agents there, got Reina 82, Coentrao 81 and Kurzawa 82. Just my luck to get two of the same position.

I said I'd get one more and leave it at that, and managed to bag Thiago Silva! Love the way the players are presented too when you sign them, so dramatic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭donnyb28

Anyone else having problems with the 10k GP awarded for playing the demo? Played one match but wasn't awarded it when I restarted the full game.

Not sure if Konami removed it for myclub, seems an easy way to get free coins....

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Decided I hate the game. Every time I play it, even if I win I get upset. I honestly cannot explain it but I admire the fact it comes up against Fifa. Even if Fifa will have Galway Utd next year which itself will sway me to buy it

• Advertisement

Surprised there's not a lot of people talking about this since the CL agents came out. Been playing myclub a lot lately and up to Division 7 now. Before spinning the latest semi final agents last night, my team was as follows, with no money spent on the game.

Casillas
    Rafael---Ivanovic--Mertesacker---Benito
    Busquets----Matic

Reus
    Pepe
    Suarez
    Schurrle

I then gained enough GP to spin the ball. Got 81 rated Coentrao. Improvement at left back meaning i had a first XI over 80 rated.

Then I bought 1000 coins out of money on my microsoft account (transferred 12.50 of my phone credit into 10 euro of xbox funds through hmvgamecredit.com). I now had 1130 coins
    First thing I did was spend 98 of it to renew Suarez's contract (Damn contracts!!)
    Then I began to buy agents, I had 4 turns at this so surely I'd get someone good!

Turn 1: Marcelo (83). Another left back? Ah well, he's 83 rated.
    Turn 2: Ter Stegen (80). Already have 87 rated Casillas but will do for the cups and rotation. Still dissapointing.
    Turn 3: Adriano (80). ANOTHER LEFT BACK!! The worst of the lot. Actually used him last night and he was useless!

1 turn left. What a waste of money this has been...... Started chatting away with someone and giving up on all hope of getting someone.

Turn 4: Wait.....no....it can't be........ I've only gone and got 98 rated CRISTANO RONALDOOOOOOOOO. :D:D:D

Couldn't fit him in my first team due to team costs so played him in a seasons match with my 2nd team consisting of Ter Stegen, Coentrao (brilliant), Rekik, Adriano, Illaremendi (great player), Harnik and then Ronaldo up top.

Won 5 nil with 5 goals from Ronaldo :D He is unbelievable. Your man I was playing had Buffon in goal and a very solid 80+ team

Super game lads, great fun online and with the lads.

I hope the rumours aren't true about Konami possibly scrapping PES in the future due to problems they're having. With a bit more effort they can overtake FIFA in the gameplay stakes (AGAIN) and hopefully bring some of the FIFA boys back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

My biggest issue with this is the defensive game. In fact that's always been my problem with Pro Evo, even during it's golden era. I never feel like I'm fully in control. FIFA always has the edge here. However, FIFA has turned into a big, sluggish bore-fest. There's just something very dynamic about Pro's attacking game that EA can't match.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I feel in control in PES. PES has undoubtedly retaken the football game crown.

FiFA is ridiculous for defending, goals from kick off with a particular combination and all sorts of nonsense. It's really, really **** this year. 2012 was the last good FIFA.

My biggest issue with this is the defensive game. In fact that's always been my problem with Pro Evo, even during it's golden era. I never feel like I'm fully in control. FIFA always has the edge here. However, FIFA has turned into a big, sluggish bore-fest. There's just something very dynamic about Pro's attacking game that EA can't match.

Defending has dramatically improved this year compared to other years. You'll still see the through balls to fast strikers and them scoring a good few times but its nothing compared to Fifa. Ibarbo/Doumbia on most teams and through ball every time for them to score.

One thing I love about this game is the quality of goals scored for and against me. The passing involved is brilliant to watch and when you're using the like of Suarez, Ronaldo and Messi, the goals you score reflect what they would actually do in real life. Can't wait for PES 2016!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Defending is PES is brilliant this year. There's an art to it that when you get the hang of tackling and tracking runs you can be a defensive rock. I find a lot of people dive in and press high but the best way to defend is to wait for the opponent to make a move before you tackle.

Also try stand in such a way that your pushing your opponent away from goals and pushing them towards your second defender or if there's a through ball opportunity on stand in the way of the pass.
    Iv had many games on myclub where the opponent hasn't even got a shot on target because his only tactic is spamming through balls and it's so easy to stop.

My biggest achievement so far is playing some lad with 1000+ games played and a 70% win ratio on season with Real Madrid. I spanked him 6-0 because i stopped his through ball spamming to Ronaldo and he got so pissed off he got 2 red cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

It looks like I'm on my own re the defensive game. But it's encouraging to hear. I only picked it up two weeks ago so perhaps the game hasn't fully opened up for me yet. Hopefully I find what I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

It looks like I'm on my own re the defensive game. But it's encouraging to hear. I only picked it up two weeks ago so perhaps the game hasn't fully opened up for me yet. Hopefully I find what I'm looking for.

I was rubbish at defending for about 2 months. Just keep at it and you'll be grand, defend the space rather than the player if your opponent is a through ball spammer.
    Also if you man mark an opposition striker try use a midfielder instead of your CB as I find the CB always strays out of position leaving an extra yard to be exploited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Is Online divisions any good in this? how does it compare to Seasons in fifa?

Is Online divisions any good in this? how does it compare to Seasons in fifa?

Very similar but less annoying.

For one, you aren't forced to watch every single replay - and either player can skip them. Thats a big thing for me, as in FIFA I often endend up hating the player i'm against... In Pro an honourable chap might let you watch a skillful play! You will both agree anyway to skip the dross.

You don't open packs but get players in a kind of lottery - which is actually pretty cool. Theres levels of skill (black/ gold/ silver and white) and you could get any in a spin - but increase your chances by spending points.

You also dont have to go through the whole auction process to get things - just use your points to buy what you want - managers, fitness and players (got in the 'spin the balls' lottery thing).

Player combinations increase a teams spirit, which in turn influences the teams cohesion and, thus, their performance.Similar enough to FIFA in that regard.

I havent been able to play in like 2 months - another 2 weeks till I can have another go!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

I love Pes this year, the game play is so fun & just the right amount of challenging. When I'm playing with Zidane it really feels like Zidane, his little touches & swivels it's just brilliant.

I'm really pissed off with the stats tho. DS, LP & SPA gone, LP & SPS gone, Shot Power gone etc...& replaced with a double set of confusing stats, which is really annoying if you use pestatsdatabase to create classic teams.

• Advertisement

Aw man. I hate you xbox ****ers with our classic players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

J Mysterio wrote: »
    For one, you aren't forced to watch every single replay - and either player can skip them. Thats a big thing for me, as in FIFA I often endend up hating the player i'm against... In Pro an honourable chap might let you watch a skillful play! You will both agree anyway to skip the dross.

I recently traded in FIFA for PES, being able to skip replays, and exit the game without messing around is just great. If you were beating someone by a few goals in FIFA, they would make you watch every replay in attempt to make you quit.

One thing that bugs me tho is having to find an opponent before picking a team, you should be able to pick your team and set the players up then find a game, this is how FIFA does it.

After about a month of playing online I am finally getting the hang of defending, super cancel is your friend for barging players of the ball

You can set up your team before playing a game in divisions anywho

J Mysterio wrote: »
    You can set up your team before playing a game in divisions anywho

I meant before finding an opponent. So you should be able to set your team up, then jump straight into a game. Instead you have to find an opponent, then you have 90 seconds to set up the team. Normally I am finished quite quick as I have my details saved, but I have to wait around for the other guy.

Not a big deal just a little annoyance

I was always a Pes player up until Fifa 15 for the PS4. I got pretty good at it and made it into div 1 but just can't sustain form because I end up getting annoyed at all the endless replays and **** gameplay and other bits and pieces that piss me off, at this stage Ive abandoned the game because even when im winning and playing well I don't enjoy it.

thorbarry wrote: »
    I recently traded in FIFA for PES, being able to skip replays, and exit the game without messing around is just great. If you were beating someone by a few goals in FIFA, they would make you watch every replay in attempt to make you quit.

One thing that bugs me tho is having to find an opponent before picking a team, you should be able to pick your team and set the players up then find a game, this is how FIFA does it.

After about a month of playing online I am finally getting the hang of defending, super cancel is your friend for barging players of the ball

How do you find the difference in gameplay? are you enjoying it more than Fifa.

I was always a Pes player up until Fifa 15 for the PS4. I got pretty good at it and made it into div 1 but just can't sustain form because I end up getting annoyed at all the endless replays and **** gameplay and other bits and pieces that piss me off, at this stage Ive abandoned the game because even when im winning and playing well I don't enjoy it.

That's bizarre? I was

FIFA 95 -> 00
    ISS,PRO EVO ->
    FIFA 12 -> 15
    PRO EVO ->

FIFA 15 was nonsense, went backwards. FIFA 12 was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

thorbarry wrote: »

Good to hear.

I'm after getting a couple of my friends onto PES instead of FIFA who would've been religiously in favour of FIFA before this year and they are enjoying it.

It really is a great game.

EDIT: I was always curious about the licensing deals between the producers (Konami and EA) and FIFA (the governing body, not the video game) and I now fully accept PES for what it is.

However, I did a module on International Marketing this year with a large chunk of it being on licensing and for the money EA give FIFA every year I'd be afraid Konami wouldn't be able to afford the hits if they were doing the same. If they did perhaps get a similar deal to EA with FIFA they'd probably need to more than double their sales to achieve decent profits, and even with full FIFA licensing I don't think they could achieve that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

It really is quality when you get good at it. Defending has been the hardest for me, it felt like everything I was doing was wrong but I remembered my old technique from PES 4,5,6 days and now defending very well.

Fingers crossed they dont **** it up for 2016

• Advertisement

How do you find the difference in gameplay? are you enjoying it more than Fifa.

It feels less "floaty" then Fifa if that makes sense. I made the switch to Fifa when FIFA12 came out, used to play PES since the first pro evo on ps2.

Its less frustrating than Fifa, players tend to do what you want them to do. It takes a bit of getting used to, but I think it is better than FIFA this year. And Online play actually works!! I dont know what took them so long to actually get online to work without lag, the first few I bought on PS3 were terrible for online play.

Advertisement