Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2015

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Yea that was a point I was going to make. I switched to fifa for a couple of years and also going by my brother's comical controller throwing tantrums, the thing that pisses ye off the most is that feeling of it being bull****. ie. the game not doing what you want or expect it to do In pro ev when someone scores against ye 90% of the time it's a mistake you made, bad decision making.

One thing I'd like to them to address is some sort of level playing field for people who use manual controls. Some encouragement to do it because the game goes into another dimension (and is much more realistic and fun) when you have to be careful with every pass. The game is sitting there waiting to be maximised by this control scheme but most people probably just wouldn't bother unless some sort of incentive is given.

Anyone here play manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

I played Fifa 15 for about 2 months and went back to it for a few games recently on EA Access and I have still yet to enjoy a game. It doesn't represent football its basically a 90's arcade sim with good graphics. It actually kind of reminds me of ISS 64.
    With PES 15 it's rare I don't enjoy a game even if i get battered, it's so tactical and fluid and the passing game is beautiful.
    Myself and a friend spent around 30 minutes before a game tweaking tactics and trying to outwit eachother the tactics board looked like it was drawn up by a drunk Marcelo Biesla but it was so much fun seeing your tactics actually work in their own uniqe way
    Anyone here play manual?

I use manual offline but when i'm online I have to use 2 bar passing and normal shooting because of button delay. I'v hit a few shots from inside the box out for throw ins because of lag online

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Alright lads, nice to see all the chat about myClub. Anyone on here ever get higher than Division 5? Was in 5 myself, but back in 6 now at the moment. Used to play FIFA and won Division 1 online twice a couple of years ago so I can vouch that the standard on PES is WAY higher. Cracking game.

My current best team is:

Prass

van Rhijn
    Ogbonna--Heinze
    Ghoulam

Wanyama

Maxi Rodriguez----Raul Meireles

Bale
    Cuadrado
    Cavani

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Alright lads, nice to see all the chat about myClub. Anyone on here ever get higher than Division 5? Was in 5 myself, but back in 6 now at the moment. Used to play FIFA and won Division 1 online twice a couple of years ago so I can vouch that the standard on PES is WAY higher. Cracking game.

My current best team is:

Prass

van Rhijn
    Ogbonna--Heinze
    Ghoulam

Wanyama

Maxi Rodriguez----Raul Meireles

Bale
    Cuadrado
    Cavani

Currently on division 6 but haven't played a game in the division yet. I'm hoping they'll release a champions league final agent so i can spend the 50000 free gp they gave everyone.
    Was hoping to get a better manager but you need to use myclub coins to get anyone decent and i'm not spending money on getting a manager! Anyway, they upgraded all managers by 50% so my manager's costs went from 460 to 690. Can finally play all my best players together!

So disappointed still to have got Reus as my team of the year player at the very start. He's so bad for me! Have dropped him now for Lampard because his stamina somehow lasts longer and he has a cracking shot on him. Front 3 of Suarez - Ronaldo - Pepe is deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Has anyone here spent real money in the game? Either in exchange for myclub gold coins or extra player slots in your squad?

I love the game, but hate the feeling of being prompted to spend real money. I've bought the game, paid for PS Plus to play online, **** off and stop asking me for more cash! :)

• Advertisement

tigger123 wrote: »
    Has anyone here spent real money in the game? Either in exchange for myclub gold coins or extra player slots in your squad?

I love the game, but hate the feeling of being prompted to spend real money. I've bought the game, paid for PS Plus to play online, **** off and stop asking me for more cash! :)

If your stuck for GP just win the novice cup a few times. I haven't spent a cent and i managed to put together 2 class teams.

If your stuck for GP just win the novice cup a few times. I haven't spent a cent and i managed to put together 2 class teams.

Ah yeah, I've done the various cups and put a halfway decent team together, I have the worst luck with the black/yellow/bronze ball system though. The worst luck.

I'm just curious to see what other people are doing with it and approaching it.

Am disappointed in PES going down this root though, I've bought every version of the game since Pro Ev 1 and I don't appreciate being nickle and dimed by them.

I also think the menus and interface in myclub are a hindrance to enjoying the game mode. Love PES though, best version ever for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Just won 40800 gp for getting to the quarter finals of that league of champions cup thing. Handy money!

There's only so many times i can defend against constant long through balls to ronaldo. Been playing people recently who dont even pass it once between their players.Long ball to ronaldo as soon as the ball breaks. so happens about 50 times a match, I can defend it a certain amount of times but ffs. That's why I dont like assisted passing, you dont have to aim or even power it.

ah just annoyed by this crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Should be beating those kinds of players though. Think you can get a player to man mark him in Team Management - try that?

There's only so many times i can defend against constant long through balls to ronaldo. Been playing people recently who dont even pass it once between their players.Long ball to ronaldo as soon as the ball breaks. so happens about 50 times a match, I can defend it a certain amount of times but ffs. That's why I dont like assisted passing, you dont have to aim or even power it.

ah just annoyed by this crap

Bring your centre backs back 5-6 spaces in the tactics option so they're back enough in the box to contain Ronaldo for the through ball and maybe tuck your full backs in a little.
    Man mark ronaldo with a centre mid with high stamina and control your CDM to block the passing routes.
    If you want to man mark a striker never use a CB it always leads to a disastrous position lapse.

I used to get caught out a lot by through ball spamming but I very rarely concede from it anymore. I also try and knock a few passes around opposition key players so it forces them to chase me down and wear a bit of stamina. In Myclub people very rarely use stamina boosts when they're around 3/4 full so you'd be surprised how much stamina you can waste away by the 60th minute by making them chase you around

In fairness I was the worst team in the game but as you said I expect to beat those retards. I kept trying to go straight to my center back and pull him back but couldnt do it fast enough.

I'll try the man marking but maybe I'm just goin through a **** patch, had to vent. The one thing in the world that can piss me off is losing to someone like that

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

€20 on PSN at the moment. Had to pick it up. Was a little disappointed with last year's effort. 1 question, how is be a legend mode? It's pretty much the only mode I'm interested in.

How ye findin it?

One thing I only realised recently is if you give people time on the ball you're dead. I was sitting off people a bit too much trying to keep my defensive shape, in a chess-playing kind of way but people started tearing me apart.

Then I switched to just hassling them as much as possible, changing player every second or two to confuse them. So they think one play is coming, then I change player, and press with him while the other moves off or I hold teammate press so he presses too. Basically they never get a second to size up where is free on the pitch.

Would anyone recommend myClub over online divisions? In myClub what I remember is you have to worry about stamina way more so my tactic mightnt work

How ye findin it?

One thing I only realised recently is if you give people time on the ball you're dead. I was sitting off people a bit too much trying to keep my defensive shape, in a chess-playing kind of way but people started tearing me apart.

Then I switched to just hassling them as much as possible, changing player every second or two to confuse them. So they think one play is coming, then I change player, and press with him while the other moves off or I hold teammate press so he presses too. Basically they never get a second to size up where is free on the pitch.

Would anyone recommend myClub over online divisions? In myClub what I remember is you have to worry about stamina way more so my tactic mightnt work
    I find hassling people too much can get you torn apart, I love when people do it against me as a few 1-2 passes leaves gaps everywhere to exploit. I just stand in the way of the pass and block their options forcing them to dribble into my defenders

I prefer Myclub as it's interesting having one manager with a set tactic, in divisions I tend to either play Real Madrid 10 times in a row or come across some serious arseholes playing with basically 10 defenders and a striker using classic Fifa tactics. Even if I beat them its thoroughly painful to play against

Anyone's game stalling on final loading before matches online? It's happening regularly now for me causing me to lose the match and lose my rating

Nevermind, scratched disk, have to fork out for a new one probably

I was advised here to move defensive line back and make it compact, but could never find any options for it. I assumed then ye meant in game hitting left on d-pad every time.

I found the defensive tactics menu about a week ago. All those people who were spamming through with bale/ronaldo, I can actually defend against them now. Another thing I had forgotten is that when holding A to close down, you're suppose to tap A again when close to tackle. (Are you supposed to do this tap for teammate close-down as well?) For months I was playing just holding down A to close down, and getting beaten 9/10 I didn't cop it til this week.

So I'm after getting to division 4 today in light of this. The only people I had trouble defending against now is the top teams who only do 1 touch passing. Even when I anticipate a pass or two ahead its so hard to get the defender at the exact interception point. Any tips?

But that's one game in maybe 30 so it's no big deal. But pushing the defensive line and going compact has made defending like old pro evo for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Picked this up for €11.99 on PSN over the weekend. Really liking it so far.

Used to love PES back in the PS2 days but didn't really enjoy any of them on PS3.

This one definitely feels like a move back towards the old style.

• Advertisement
Advertisement