Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

When is pes released?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Nov 11

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It looks like Konami could inadvertently be playing a blinder with the late release date. There is a lot of discontent for this years version of FIFA so if PES 2015 is actually good then, not only could it bring back the old PES heads, but also convert some of the solid FIFA heads too.

This thought had occurred to me when I first heard of the much later release date but I figured there was no way Konami could purposely plan that and thus it was more of a "tongue in cheek" thought (that is if a thought can ever be described as "tongue-in-cheek"). If they did though then fair play to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Releasing after FIFA and not having the rights to the Premier League is going to hurt them - a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Nah, the premier league license will hurt them either way, even more so if released side by side with FIFA. Wilberto is spot on, it could be a masterstroke. Maybe they had inside information on how pants FIFA was gonna be this year and decided to let people find out the hard way and jump in when the dust settles. I'm very tempted to make the switch back.

• Advertisement

Played against a mate on the demo over the weekend and really enjoyed it.

Think ill pick it up for local muliplayer. Hope they can get online working smoothly.

One downside in reading previews is that Jon Champion is the commentator in the game. Probably my most hated commenator when espn had pl matches so thats not good :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

One downside in reading previews is that Jon Champion is the commentator in the game. Probably my most hated commenator when espn had pl matches so thats not good :P

You can't beat Peter Brackley! :D:D

Also, I presume Jim Beglin is still the 'analyst' in it? It's him who I can't stand personally. Although, to be honest, the commentary isn't a major issue for me as it always just gets boring, tedious, and monotonous after a while anyway. Sometimes, I prefer to turn off the commentary, turn down the crowd noise, and turn up the player calls to the maximum.

Yes, you can't really understand what they're saying, but that's probably why it's easier to listen to than the commentary team on either PES or FIFA!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I think Jim Beglin is brilliant. Class as well to have an Irish lad.

The commentary in Fifa 15 is ****ing appalling. Alan Smith (one of the most boring men to have walked the earth) and that other twat. The **** they come out with as well... "Falcao missed the world cup, blah, blah, blah". That **** gets old real quick, particularly months after the WC.

Peter Brackley is a legend though.

I liked Brackley.

Hearing him always reminded me of Serie A on channel 4 when I was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Just pre ordered this on Amazon for £37.77. Good price for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Wilberto wrote: »
    It looks like Konami could inadvertently be playing a blinder with the late release date. There is a lot of discontent for this years version of FIFA so if PES 2015 is actually good then, not only could it bring back the old PES heads, but also convert some of the solid FIFA heads too.

This thought had occurred to me when I first heard of the much later release date but I figured there was no way Konami could purposely plan that and thus it was more of a "tongue in cheek" thought (that is if a thought can ever be described as "tongue-in-cheek"). If they did though then fair play to them!
    It's actually a good idea with the late release. They won't compete with FIFA. Releasing at the same time won't work, releasing early won't work cos people will wait for FIFA. Leave it long enough after FIFA so people are thinking of a new game is the best bet for bigger sales.
    Just need the real game to be good. I really don't understand some of the things konami drop and change in the game though. One thing is the replays. It's always a terrible angle that follows the ball really close. It changed about 5 games ago and it's been crap ever since. Online is a disaster. I like the gameplay in this, but the formations screen and navigation is terrible.

Colemania wrote: »
    Just pre ordered this on Amazon for £37.77. Good price for it

Good price indeed. I'll have a bit of that meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

The more I play the demo the more i'm looking forward to this. Computer A.I is incredible compared to Fifa and unless friends call over I find myself playing the Pes demo more than fifa at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Feels good these rumours that PES > FIFA again

Always felt a bit cheated when buying a FIFA game

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Agree with everything on here..played a lot of demo and it feels good. I have been a fifa player for last 8 years having previously played pes in all its glory (05/06) this year I'm cautiously optimistic that pes may be about to take steps towards its former glory days..will defo pick this up in a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Agree with everything on here..played a lot of demo and it feels good. I have been a fifa player for last 8 years having previously played pes in all its glory (05/06) this year I'm cautiously optimistic that pes may be about to take steps towards its former glory days..will defo pick this up in a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

Amazon has a version called PES 2015 Day 1 addition? What's that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Ruxjit wrote: »
    Amazon has a version called PES 2015 Day 1 addition? What's that all about?

It's on the site no real mystery.
    Day 1 Edition includes 1 x Player from UEFA Team of the Year for MyClub.

Clearly a marketing gimick to encourage better release day sales, The Last of Us Remastered was the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I played the demo of this last night. For the first few mins of the first game I really didn't enjoy it, but then I ended up playing 7 or 8 games in a row and didn't want to turn it off.

It's a nice change from FIFA that pace isn't everything. It was good to use Kroos and spray long and short passes around the pitch.

I'd say I'll buy this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

First thing I do these days when I turn on the xbox is play this demo. Really enjoy it! I've it already pre ordered with Amazon anyway.

• Advertisement

Yeah im going to get it. Love the demo.

Whats the story with master league these days? Do you still start off with the lads from back in the day?

Yeah im going to get it. Love the demo.

Whats the story with master league these days? Do you still start off with the lads from back in the day?

I traded in Fifa because I'm spending more time playing the Pes demo. The old players like minanda and castolo are back this year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I traded in Fifa because I'm spending more time playing the Pes demo. The old players like minanda and castolo are back this year

They have been back for years have they not?

Castolo and Minanda were in 14 I believe anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Jesus lads I can't take this sustained positivity. Neither me or my friend who'd play it have xbox one though :/

They have been back for years have they not?

Castolo and Minanda were in 14 I believe anyways

Haven't played the last 2 PES games but I only remember a few familiar names like Stremer. I read recently a lot of the older master league players are back.

Really getting to grips with this game now and scored a few belters, the tactical options are great like being able to set up your team shape from kick off and when not in possession. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed a football game so much and its only a demo. The goalkeepers need some work with their positioning but after playing Fifa this year I can't complain

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Players like Castolo and Minanda are agents now in master league. Pretty sure you cant play as them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'm not sure if I should go PC or PS4... Mainly because i don't think the PS4 will have a option file this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I should go PC or PS4... Mainly because i don't think the PS4 will have a option file this year.

Couldnt enjoy a football game on the PC. Curious about the option file point though... had forgotten about that and that real harkens back to the ps2 days after which PES effectively died.

Presume i'll be able to just edit it and save to the system? Will have to be done. Only thing I hadnt considered to now is it would be annoying to have the team fixed on your own system but to then have to play with dopey names online.

Forgot about the option file too. Hope there is a workaround for PS4
    West Midlands Village vs Middlebrook was always a cracker :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

From reading Twitter, it looks like there is a workaround for a PS4 options file. Not able to import images tho, so all kits and logos will need to be hand-drawn in the editor...

Advertisement