Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three 4G = Vodafone 3G

Options
  • 20-06-2014 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I seem to be getting better download speeds over Vodafone 3G than I am getting on Three 4G.
    Three 4g = around 20 download
    Vodafone 3G = always 20 plus download

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

GrewUS wrote: »
    I seem to be getting better download speeds over Vodafone 3G than I am getting on Three 4G.
    Three 4g = around 20 download
    Vodafone 3G = always 20 plus download

You must be right beside a Vodafone mast, Voda and Meteor/Eircom both have ' up to' 42 Mb 3G HSPA+ networks.

Three in general would be slow as they have alot of backhaul, all there equipment is in the UK connected by fibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Vodafone have the best network in the country, and in general don't offer very generous data plans -> their network is unsaturated and getting close the the maximum theoretical speeds

Three have the worst network in the country and are offering unlimited data plans -> their network is completely saturated and offers rubbish performance

While I still think Vodafone are overpriced, in the end you get what you pay for.

I am curious to see what Three will do once they have gained control over O2's network.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 GrewUS

02 data speeds have gone to hock since they launched they unlimited data on prepay. Three have a lot of work to do! Vodafone seem to think that loads of data is 1 GB.

Advertisement