Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CIEE job approval J1

Options
  • 20-06-2014 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,
    Does anyone know on average how long it takes CIEE to approve your job once you e-mail them the job offer form?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

cgoulding wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know on average how long it takes CIEE to approve your job once you e-mail them the job offer form?

It took them 8 working days to process mine. A lot longer than the 3-4 they state it will take.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cgoulding

Chavways wrote: »
    It took them 8 working days to process mine. A lot longer than the 3-4 they state it will take.

So from the day you sent it in it took 8 days for them to ring your employer and call you to tell you its been approved? Or did you have to call them? They are really turning into a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cgoulding

Chavways wrote: »

So from the day you sent it in it took 8 days for them to ring your employer and call you to tell you its been approved? Or did you have to call them? They are really turning into a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

cgoulding wrote: »

Ya it took 8 days from when I emailed them the form to when they emailed me back saying I could work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sgaffney

It was more like 3-4 weeks for me. They are an appalling organization who offered me precisely zero help and plenty of hassle. I started working without their approval anyway, it's not realistic to accept a job offer and then say you need to wait for 3-4 weeks to get 'permission'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Ewa24

It took them 5-6 weeks for me. I could not agree with Sgaffney any more. They are appalling. I had to submit my paperwork several times because they mixed it up and lost it. Make sure you check in with them. They just couldn't keep track of the paperwork at all. Communication within CIEE is very poor. They have contacted me about numerous issues that were already dealt with with other staff for example they kept requesting proof of financial security even though my CIEE form clearly stated it was a paid internship program I was on. They are an absolute joke. It is not one bit realistic to wait for approval from them before starting the job. I would have missed out on the great internship i'm doing now if I went by CIEE's program.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭McSween

Ewa24 wrote: »
    It took them 5-6 weeks for me. I could not agree with Sgaffney any more. They are appalling. I had to submit my paperwork several times because they mixed it up and lost it. Make sure you check in with them. They just couldn't keep track of the paperwork at all. Communication within CIEE is very poor. They have contacted me about numerous issues that were already dealt with with other staff for example they kept requesting proof of financial security even though my CIEE form clearly stated it was a paid internship program I was on. They are an absolute joke. It is not one bit realistic to wait for approval from them before starting the job. I would have missed out on the great internship i'm doing now if I went by CIEE's program.

I started work without their approval also. It took over a week, if not two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 christian1234

Hey guys, sorry I know this is a year old, jus wondering did any of you get caught starting without their approval? i.e. did your employer mention it in the phone call and did CIEE have a problem? Going in a few weeks, they already seem like a joke from my dealings with them

• Registered Users Posts: 4 christian1234

Hey guys, sorry I know this is a year old, jus wondering did any of you get caught starting without their approval? i.e. did your employer mention it in the phone call and did CIEE have a problem? Going in a few weeks, they already seem like a joke from my dealings with them. Also, has anyone experienced/heard of anyone getting their job rejected as it was not an "internship"? Anyone know how strict they are on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

They approved mine a week before I left the USA. not the speediest bunch at all. If people actually waited for the job to be approved, no one would have any money at all

• Advertisement
Advertisement