Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there homeless people in Tramore?

• 20-06-2014 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

Question for you: I was down around the beach earlier in the week walking past the sand dunes I noticed a few little camp like structures set up, just towels and random crap hanging about. There was also some people hanging around doing nothing that looked a bit off.

It looked like there was a few homeless people set up for the day there.

Am I right in thinking this or have I just gone mad?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

oak5548 wrote: »
    Question for you: I was down around the beach earlier in the week walking past the sand dunes I noticed a few little camp like structures set up, just towels and random crap hanging about. There was also some people hanging around doing nothing that looked a bit off.

It looked like there was a few homeless people set up for the day there.

Am I right in thinking this or have I just gone mad?

A lot of people are camping at the moment. There would also be a lot of people fishing down there. I think the Defence Forces were also down there, might have been just this morning though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

Sully wrote: »
    A lot of people are camping at the moment. There would also be a lot of people fishing down there. I think the Defence Forces were also down there, might have been just this morning though.

Ah right, it didnt really look like actual camping though. Just a bunch of towels strewn over fences, with a pile of clothes and beer bottles in a little enclosure abandoned. With a few really dirty looking middle aged men milling about the place.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

oak5548 wrote: »
    Ah right, it didnt really look like actual camping though. Just a bunch of towels strewn over fences, with a pile of clothes and beer bottles in a little enclosure abandoned. With a few really dirty looking middle aged men milling about the place.

Who knows, maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

there was a woman(well at least we think it was a woman anyway) that used to live down the rabbit burrows years ago, she obviously lived off cockles as there was a huge pile of em bseide the hut she had made

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jimbo1979

Anybody lately seen the dude around Main Street,medium build fair hair,shirt half opened and a big pair of headphones on him,saw him walking down the road the other day singing in full voice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

jimbo1979 wrote: »
    Anybody lately seen the dude around Main Street,medium build fair hair,shirt half opened and a big pair of headphones on him,saw him walking down the road the other day singing in full voice

yeah thats john hes a regular here in tramore the last few months,usually you find him on the benches outside the credit union having a nap. hes not homeless though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

I remember lads in my estate bragging/smirking because they bought a house in Tramore. It was considered an improvement over Waterford City.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

200 homeless approx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,665 ✭✭✭✭looksee

200? Where? Does that include the people in asylum seeker accommodation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

probably 200 people on housing list . would have thought that was kind of low considering I believe its mandatory to be listed if you are claiming landlords dole

• Advertisement
Advertisement