Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American airlines baggage - domestic

Options
  • 20-06-2014 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

So the united airlines website has loads of info on baggage, but not an answer to this simple question.
    I have a domestic 6 hour flight booked in the USA and the ticket does not mention anything about a checked bag. It didn't give me an option on their website to add a bag when I was booking either. I still see nowhere to add a bag now that I have booked my flight. My bag will be too big for carry on i think.

Question: Does my ticket allow me to have 1 checked bag included as standard? Or is it just hand luggage?
    If i need to pay to check a bag, is that just done at the airport when i check in? Or is it cheaper to do it before?(If so, how can i book this?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

EyeSight wrote: »
    So the united airlines website has loads of info on baggage, but not an answer to this simple question.
    I have a domestic 6 hour flight booked in the USA and the ticket does not mention anything about a checked bag. It didn't give me an option on their website to add a bag when I was booking either. I still see nowhere to add a bag now that I have booked my flight. My bag will be too big for carry on i think.

Question: Does my ticket allow me to have 1 checked bag included as standard? Or is it just hand luggage?
    If i need to pay to check a bag, is that just done at the airport when i check in? Or is it cheaper to do it before?(If so, how can i book this?)

This seems to suggest its 25 dollars for your bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

This seems to suggest its 25 dollars for your bag.

I saw that but didn't know if it was in relation to an "extra" bag. So I am assuming i pay this at check-in?
    I can't think why they don't have this in all the basic info sections and you would think it gets asked a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

EyeSight wrote: »
    I saw that but didn't know if it was in relation to an "extra" bag. So I am assuming i pay this at check-in?
    I can't think why they don't have this in all the basic info sections and you would think it gets asked a lot

I spent ages looking for whether I will have to collect and check in my luggage when connecting in New Ark from Shannon to L.A. on the United Airlines site but couldn't find it. It's a mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I spent ages looking for whether I will have to collect and check in my luggage when connecting in New Ark from Shannon to L.A. on the United Airlines site but couldn't find it. It's a mess!

If you go through customs in Shannon and it's all booked on one itinerary you won't have to pick up your bag it'll go straight through.

To answer the OP you will have to pay to check a bag on a domestic flight, you can do that at the airport it's usually the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

all direct flights from Irish Airports pre-clear so you arrive as a domestic passenger in Newark (not New Ark) so won't see your bags til final destination.

bag charges for domestic flights can be paid by cc at online check-in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Thanks for the answers :)

Advertisement