Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

linking websites

• 20-06-2014 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi

I have 10 websites can I add no follow links to all these sites advertising products for my other websites?

So I would be linking sites, something like a link network only they will all be non follow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭onlineweb

Anybody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Yes you can link them.
    Is there a reason and what is your expected gain.
    Why particularly do you want to do no follow links

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭onlineweb

M.T.D wrote: »
    Yes you can link them.
    Is there a reason and what is your expected gain.
    Why particularly do you want to do no follow links

Reason: to promote my other websites.

No follow links: Google does'nt like link networks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Google not liking link networks does not mean every link has to be nofollow.
    If the sites are totally unrelated and a link is of no benefit to a visitor then you should not have the link
    A link (in a descriptive paragraph) from a hotel to a flower shop that does their displays and say wedding flowers is of benefit to the visitor and also of benefit to the flower shop.

nofollow does not mean Google will not follow just that link juice will not be passed.
    And if no juice is passed the link, in terms of promotion, was pointless.

An excess of nofollow links is bad as well. In theory a link is supposed to be "helpful" to the visitor, for clarification, for citation, related product etc.

If your proposed links are none of those then probably best not to do them

Advertisement