Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

email

• 20-06-2014 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi dont know if this is the right place to post this but could anyone no why i keep getting emails from amazon thanking me for my order (which i have never made) & gives me the name of the person & where its being delivered to but thanking me for ordering of them. i have no idea why im getting them

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Probably spam or a phishing email.
    Are you getting these emails to an email address you have registered with Amazon,?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kline64

Hi im not even registered with amazon! Its the fact that they are telling me that i ordered stuff of them & is being delivered to someone i don't even know,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

kline64 wrote: »
    Hi im not even registered with amazon! Its the fact that they are telling me that i ordered stuff of them & is being delivered to someone i don't even know,

Is it the same delivery person each time?

Maybe they put the wrong email address when they signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭CathalC2011

Spoofing an email 'sender' is trivial. Check the email headers. Customer information disclosures are not to be taken lightly - this is highly unlikely to be a mistake on Amazon's part.

As someone mentioned above, it's almost certainly spam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

As already noted, it's unlikely that Amazon have made a mistake.

You could go to Amazon's login page and click on their "Forgot Password" link and enter your email address there and see if you get a password reset link sent to you.

Of course, do NOT click on any links in the emails that you've been getting. Enter Amazon's URL manually into a browser.

I had a similar experience recently with Instagram where I was getting emails which I initially thought were spam. Eventually I went to Instgram and went through the "Forgot Password" process and there was, indeed, an account using my email address as the account identifier. The original user had obviously made a stupid mistake when changing his account details and Instagram didn't follow it up with a confirmation URL to the target email address.

It's possible (but probably not very likely) that this is the case here. More likely, as already noted, they're phishing attempts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kline64

Ok thanks i will try that & see what happens,thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,247 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

kline64 wrote: »
    there's your clue

Advertisement