Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best playground in dublin?

Options
  • 21-06-2014 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭

What's the best playground in Dublin city for kids age 4-10?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

newbridge house and malahide castle both have fantastic playgroups

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Corkagh park by a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Holiers

Marley

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Its really hard to chose between marlay or corkagh. Corkagh has better swing sets slides etc and is really big. But Marlay has a great set up for imaginative play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Ardgillan in Skerries is brilliant. They have a huge big climbing frame and a zip line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Ardgillan in Skerries is brilliant. They have a huge big climbing frame and a zip line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Marley Park, even though its not in the city

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Caninteely Park

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭PartnerSeeds

Stephen's green & Herbert Park are nice. They're also building a new playground in Merrion Square, not sure when it will be finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Cheers folks, Marley is closest to us so that's where we'll go.

And to us culchies its all the city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Anyone else think the slides in Marley are too steep? I saw a little girl snot herself, and my own daughter went over at the end as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'm really surprised no one mentioned the one at the visitors centre in the Phoenix park. It's the best one we've been to for young children and toddlers.

Bushy park also has a really good one for young kids/toddlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

I'm really surprised no one mentioned the one at the visitors centre in the Phoenix park. It's the best one we've been to for young children and toddlers.

Bushy park also has a really good one for young kids/toddlers.

Where exactly is the visitors center please? Is it beside the Zoo? Would it be worthwhile going to Corkagh park first and then to the visitor center in one day? My wife and I are taking out my triplet nephews(aged 2) tomorrow and looking for ideas :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The visitor's centre is in the middle of the park, turn off at the same roundabout as for Áras an Úachtaráin on the same side too. It is signposted and you should be able to see the walled garden at the centre from there anyway, head that way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Thanks for that miamee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Marlay.

But Dublin has amazing playgrounds all along. Those mentioned in the thread are all great.

Herbert and Merrion are good, but nowhere near the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Cianos wrote: »
    Anyone else think the slides in Marley are too steep? I saw a little girl snot herself, and my own daughter went over at the end as well.

Steep but not overly so imho. I've never seen anyone fall there.

Advertisement