Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange man on the prom..

Options
  • 21-06-2014 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

A family member was sitting on the prom late afternoon yday , when some chatty youngish man approached her as she sat in the car with the passenger window down. She wasn't sure for a minute if she knew him she said because of how friendly and talkative he was.
    After a while he reached his hand in the window and opened the passenger door asking her to "move the rubbish' that was on the seat".(the rubbish being her mobile etc!) He said he was selling Jamie Oliver knives but instead of wanting money for them he "would accept a fiver for pint."She of course said No! And asked him to leave her alone. When he was a bit hesitant she said I will give you money for knife .... This he would not accept. :eek:

When she drove away she could not see where he might have gone!

Needless to say, she was a bit shaken by the whole thing.

Has anybody seen this man?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

havent seen this chap, but i know there are a lot of gimps doing the rounds in galway and mayo at the moment, trying to sell rubbish kitchen knive sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭metroburgers

That's harassment OP, please report this incident to local Gardai, as it might happen again. Gardai need to be aware that individuals like these are around.

A family member was sitting on the prom late afternoon yday , when some chatty youngish man approached her as she sat in the car with the passenger window down. She wasn't sure for a minute if she knew him she said because of how friendly and talkative he was.
    After a while he reached his hand in the window and opened the passenger door asking her to "move the rubbish' that was on the seat".(the rubbish being her mobile etc!) He said he was selling Jamie Oliver knives but instead of wanting money for them he "would accept a fiver for pint."She of course said No! And asked him to leave her alone. When he was a bit hesitant she said I will give you money for knife .... This he would not accept. :eek:

When she drove away she could not see where he might have gone!

Needless to say, she was a bit shaken by the whole thing.

Has anybody seen this man?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

That's harassment OP, please report this incident to local Gardai, as it might happen again. Gardai need to be aware that individuals like these are around.

That is exactly what I thought, But I didn't know what if any details about the man she could give for them to find him? We could do it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

That is exactly what I thought, But I didn't know what if any details about the man she could give for them to find him? We could do it tomorrow.

Oh, FFS! Pick up the phone and do it now! Really she should have it immediately the incident happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Definitely don't be afraid that you're hindering them or getting in their way. If at the very least nothing comes of it it will be logged and on record. Like my guy that decided to walk behind me one evening, place full of passers-by walking around and he pulled up me gúna! :O He also happened to have pictures of girls' backsides on his phone. :-l Wasn't going to do anything about it but it was dealt it. Am so so glad I reported it and not just left it and let him get away with it - don't leave it any longer 'cos you'll lose interest further in wanting to report it with more time, even still now I'm glad I did.

• Advertisement
Advertisement