Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.0"miniature television visible display

• 21-06-2014 3:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi guys i came across this miniature television! The visible display measures only 2.0" diagonal, the TFT comes with a NTSC/PAL driver board.and i was wondering has anyone on here ever used one,my question is if you connect it up to a small cctv camera board will you get an image on the screen it comes with a video input plug but i think its usually used with an arduino board here is the link maybe someone can let me know if i can use it with a camera board

miniature television! The visible display measures only 2.0" diagonal, the TFT comes with a NTSC/PAL driver board.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ozmo

magnun wrote: »
    hi guys i came across this miniature television! The visible display measures only 2.0" diagonal, the TFT comes with a NTSC/PAL driver board.and i was wondering has anyone on here ever used one,my question is if you connect it up to a small cctv camera board will you get an image on the screen it comes with a video input plug but i think its usually used with an arduino board here is the link maybe someone can let me know if i can use it with a camera board

miniature television! The visible display measures only 2.0" diagonal, the TFT comes with a NTSC/PAL driver board.

Not quite a tv, no tuner, Its a monitor that can display whats called composite signals.
    Wont work with arduino- but would with RaspberyPi or a security camera or some digital camera that has composite out. Would also work with some scart devices like older dvd or vhs players or a laptop with tv out. Not hdmi or vga mind.

Quality resolution wont be great- eg. You wont be able read normal raspbery pi text unless its very large.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Registered Users Posts: 2 magnun

Thanks guys i wasn't sure if i could get an image using an ordinary camera as the video input to the monitor im planning on putting a lens in front of the screen to enlarge the image something like you see on the CTR on an old camcorder its just a little project im working and by using that monitor i can save on a lot of space thanks again for the info
    yammo.

Advertisement