Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog day care

• 21-06-2014 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 9 Bostonbabe

Hi, im looking for any recommendations for doggy day care facilities in Navan/Meath area. I have a 7 month old adorable boston terrier. We are getting some home renovations done in July and don't want to upset him with all the commotion ,but would ideally love a home from home setting as he loves company. Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Will you be at home during the renovation?I would imagine that any dog would prefer to be in its own home, regardless of the renovation work going on around him. I know my dogs would be more upset by being away from me/home than any workmen/noise. It is amazing how quickly your dog will get used to the upheaval! As long as he cant get into any danger/get out of the property etc, I would say keep him at home with you. Maybe since its July you could find a teenager or student very nearby that would be prepared to take him off for a good long walk if its very noisy or something. Although I know that when we were having renovations done, I was really happy to take off 2 or 3 times a day with the 3 dogs, to get away from the noise/dust myself - the dogs were delighted with all the walking!

You could always put flyers in the local shops/vet/groomers/pet shops/church hall/supermarkets etc advertising for doggie sitters. There is housemydog.ie too though I know nothing about it. Good luck to you

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭olie77

<snip>
    As per the forum charter, self-advertising is not permitted in this forum. Neither is it allowed to send unsolicited PMs

Bostonbabe wrote: »
    Hi, im looking for any recommendations for doggy day care facilities in Navan/Meath area. I have a 7 month old adorable boston terrier. We are getting some home renovations done in July and don't want to upset him with all the commotion ,but would ideally love a home from home setting as he loves company. Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.

I can massively recommend the place I use in meath but it's not navan. PM if you want the name I am not sure I can recommend them on this forum

Advertisement