Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bell box chirp

Options
  • 21-06-2014 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi lads back again.
    Over the last week or so I have noticed an extremely random chirp coming from a bell box and then this morning there was a one second blast of a siren.
    Now you might of noticed I said a bell box and not my bell box, this is because the chirp is that random I'm not actually sure if its my box and if I remember correctly my next door neighbor had this problem a couple of years back so it might actually be there's.
    Anyway, my rkp is not displaying any faults or info in the logs so is there any thing I can do i.e. if I do a bell and light test, and if there's no reported faults, I can assume all is good or wait to see if problem worsens. Also if it is mine could it just be a climate factor as my box is in direct sunlight from lunch time onwards.

As usual any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What system have you again?
    I have seen this happen on Astec form time to time.
    The only this to do is try a process of elimination. Try disconnecting the internal bell for a while & see if the problem disappears. If not, reconnect it & try with the external disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭squidgyimp

KoolKid wrote: »
    What system have you again?
    I have seen this happen on Astec form time to time.
    The only this to do is try a process of elimination. Try disconnecting the internal bell for a while & see if the problem disappears. If not, reconnect it & try with the external disconnected.

Hi KoolKid,
    It's the HKC 6/8 but the bell box I think is part of the Scopetronic system that I replaced, (bell box just has original installers decal on it.).
    Will try your recommendation and let you know the outcome. Would it be worth going up to the box and checking all the contacts and such for any visible defects?.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

More than likely the bell is going faulty, normally the chirp is an indication. If it's your box then replacing the bell should solve the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭squidgyimp

altor wrote: »
    More than likely the bell is going faulty, normally the chirp is an indication. If it's your box then replacing the bell should solve the issue.

Will the whole bell box have to be replaced or can individual parts be replaced internally?.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

squidgyimp wrote: »
    Will the whole bell box have to be replaced or can individual parts be replaced internally?.

The bell itself will need to be replaced as it's more than likely a circuitry problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement