Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical undergrad / postgrad part time courses

Options
  • 21-06-2014 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I've just graduated as a mature student with a level 7 and I'm working at the moment. I'd like to continue in education to get a level 8 an continue in the electrical industry.

I didn't do my level 7 in DIT, in hindsight I should have as the courses were suited suited to my background. I chose a course in another college as I didn't think the things would pick up so quickly, but have (not for everyone of course).

I've had a look at Electrical Services and Energy Management L8 in DIT but was told it is of no benefit work wise and is a purely academic exercise in getting a level 8. There's a level 8 in the college I graduated from but it's the same outcome as the Electrical Services and Energy Management. DIT also have DT073 Electrical Engineering which is a level 8 B.Eng but takes 3 -4 years part time. This is actually my ideal as I don't mind the time frame as I'm working and would be most beneficial work wise. The problem is it hasn't run for 6 years due to low demand but I've heard on the grapevine they're considering running it again this year.

Basically, I'm looking for an alternative but can't find a decent one. I'm open to distance learning but only from reputable sources.

At the moment things are going great in work and I've been told I don't need to continue to progress professionally as I have very relevant work experience but the level 8 is a goal for me. I just want to make sure I do the right one (of a bad bunch if needs be) as it'll be a time burden.

Cheers!

Advertisement