Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC keypad fault

Options
  • 21-06-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    the wire to the keypad on the folks HKC8/12 panel was cut. I've repaired it but can only get the keypad to function if I power it from the 12v supply on the board and not if using the dedicated terminals 1 and 2. The data wires are still connected to 3 and 4. Is this ok? I'm guessing something got damaged on the board when the cable was cut?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

It's more than likely the fuse for the keypad. It will still work off the 12 V supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

altor wrote: »
    It's more than likely the fuse for the keypad. It will still work off the 12 V supply.

Thanks Ill check the fuses later

n0brain3r wrote: »
    Thanks Ill check the fuses later

Any problems let us know ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

It was the fuse alright I'm kicking myself I checked it but went on appearance it's the see through type and looks fine but fails a conductivity test with the multimeter . Thanks again :)

n0brain3r wrote: »
    It was the fuse alright I'm kicking myself I checked it but went on appearance it's the see through type and looks fine but fails a conductivity test with the multimeter . Thanks again :)

Your welcome, glad you have found the problem. Replacing will let you take the keypads 12V off its own supply. Any other problems let us know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement