Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ArcadeCon 2014 - 10th - 13th July 2014

Options
  • 21-06-2014 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, Arcadecon is approaching it's 4th year now, and my 3rd year in charge of games. We released the timetable yesterday for this year, nd guests have been known for some months now, including Pendleton Ward, Creator of Adventure Time, and Robert Picardo, AKA The Doc from Star Trek: Voyager. Other guests include Dr Joseph Roche, an Irishman who has been shortlisted for NASA's "Live on Mars" project or something along those lines, Taryn Barker, an Independent film maker who will be giving us a preview screening of her groups new project, as well as musical performances from bands such as Jet Set Radio, The Radioactive Grandma, and many more.

Now that that's out of the way, GAMES. We have a huge assortment of tournaments this year, and I'd like to invite all of those who read this forum, whether you post or not, to come along and join in, for a day or the whole weekend. We have retro games, racing games, fun games, awful games, and fighting games!

The timetable for all tournaments can be found at this link; http://bombch.us/lqf

I hope you can all come along and take part in these tournaments. Our Ultra SF4 tournament is being run by RandomSelect.ie, and Team Doomy (Sup Brian, AJ) will be on hand to record, cast, and bring hype to Irelands first major Ultra SF4 Tournament. There will be OFFICAL Prizes from Capcom up for grabs, I can't give details yet, but trust me, they are hype.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

(Oh, all ffighting games tournaments will be wrapped up by the time EVO starts, and if not, we will have an area just for watching EVO :cool: )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Not gonna be there - hope it's AMAZING

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Been thinking about picking up Ultra so might come depending on work. AS an aside do you know what kind of Magic tournament is running? Is it a draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Is there any way for people who want to go for the Ultra tournament to get a day ticket in? Says it's sold out on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Dreddy, Limited Day tickets will be available on the day, yeah :)

Orim, that's being run by Sean Walsh, he's the qualified Magic Referee, so therefore he's making the rules. That said, he's also on holiday at the moment. Leave it with me, I'll give you a bell on FB when I can get the info for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Seems Xinkai beat me to the promo of this - as tesco says, every little helps.

We will be running the capcom games (Ultra & Marvel) at this event with the usual scenarios regarding rules and game setups. The details are on the arcadecon website but I will put them here for convenience and I would like to make it clear to all that Marvel is not on the Friday as per the schedule on the link. I can confirm that both Marvel and Ultra will be played on the Saturday.

There is no entry just for FG's - pay the full day for entry into the con - its worth it :). The registrations is open from the Friday AFAIK - Xinkai, can you confirm this?, and we will be there on the sat from morning time setting up etc. We will be streaming this - assuming a modest rj45 connection is provided.

Marvel starts at 11am
    Ultra starts at 1pm

Prizes are to be confirmed but this is a capcom supported event and is on their radar.

https://www.facebook.com/events/674609775944212

OVERLAP-CAPCOM-GRADIENT.jpg
    Poster Credit to Mr. Neary - Thank you

If there are any questions, throw them my way :)

Look forward to seeing you all there.
    Aj

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'll be there and I'm bringing a friend since I won myself two weekend tickets for being the King of Pub tournaments.

Bow down peasants!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Nice poster, but surely he could have found a transparent background PNG file for Capcom?

Capcom_Logo.png
    (click for image)

Helpful tip: Google Images now has a search filter under "colour" that says transparent and it's awesome. Just some advice :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Xinkai wrote: »
    Dreddy, Limited Day tickets will be available on the day, yeah :)

Orim, that's being run by Sean Walsh, he's the qualified Magic Referee, so therefore he's making the rules. That said, he's also on holiday at the moment. Leave it with me, I'll give you a bell on FB when I can get the info for you :)

Hmmm define limited? I may pop up to this as it does look like a lot of fun but I don't want to drive from Limerick only to find I can't buy a ticket.

As it says Futureguy, I am not in charge of ticket sales, but it's been said by our Director that we've already sold out of 60% of our total allowed attendance. That means we have roughly 500 tickets to go on sale at the door. We're pulling strings with the venue to allow more than 1600 people in (Fire safety), but I couldn't tell you how that's doing.

AJ's post has been updated to the correct timetable, as you now see, Marvel starts at 11AM on Saturday. I'd recommend getting there early to Queue for a ticket, as we're expecting ALOT of people this year. To put that into perspective, we sold out twice & were forced to deny entry.

Once again, those times are;

UMvC3 - 11AM (Estimated time 2 hours)
    USF4 - 1PM (No estimate, games will be played on stage, on stream, from 1PM onwards)

Orim, Sean is still on holiday at the moment, no way of contacting him yet, still haven't forgotten about the Magic rules, as we're looking to get them onto the website ASAP also.

• Advertisement

Bump..... A shameless one.

This is on this weekend lads. We will be there in all our glory for pro commentary and streaming.

Marvel @ 11am on Sat
    SF Ultra @ 1pm Sat

Is anyone from here going?

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Is anyone from here going?

I am and I'm bringing a non-fgc friend coming in from outside Dublin.

Looking at train times though, it seems likely we'll just about miss the start of Marvel.

Shame. Conventions are the only time I get to play that silly game and win matches :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

The tickets are sold out (every option) . Any idea if they'll be available again or are we out of luck?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Simon_K wrote: »
    The tickets are sold out (every option) . Any idea if they'll be available again or are we out of luck?

There's some available on the day. Don't be late though, limited numbers, apparently!

Latest info about ArcadeCon tickets on FB. Thought I'd share it here.

VIPs can get into ArcadeCon on Friday from 2pm
    Pre-Reg can get into ArcadeCon on Friday from 3pm
    Tickets can be bought at ArcadeCon from 4pm Friday 11th
    Tickets Day €20 / Weekend €35
    You can find the timetable here http://goo.gl/UPSxAN
    Thursday is open to anyone over 16 but you will need ID
    Trade Hall applications are closed and you cannot sell outside the Hall
    Advertising needs to be confirmed before it can displayed - contact info@arcadecon.ie
    For all of this and more click here: http://www.the-arcade.ie/2014/06/your-arcadecon-questions-answered/

Latest info about ArcadeCon tickets on FB.

You can find the timetable here http://goo.gl/UPSxAN

It's worth pointing out that this schedule is weird or outdated (I came across it while googling arcadecon last week), unless they expect USF4 and Marvel to start simultaneously and both finish in an hour.

The one Xinkai linked in the OP looks more in-line with reality: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkG2ZZkBejQbdFRqblV6T1VLRUdTUjN6aW5uQkIzUWc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Thats what I get for blindly copying and pasting.

Sweet somebody appreciates the timetable I made!

Right lads, Updates for you before I pul the hair out.

Orim, Sean never got back to me personally, he only found out what type of Tournament is happening a couple of days ago, details can be found on this pic from one of the lads running it: http://puu.sh/a48Av/04b69eae48.png

I have posted all the tournament rules to the arcadecon group, but they can also be found here: http://pastebin.com/ws62K72e

Looking forward to seeing you all there lads, if you need anything when you arrive, don't feel hassled to grab a staff member :)

Games room will be at the back of the hotel, and up the stairs :)

Declan just posted saying not to panic about tickets, there's plenty on sale from tomorrow on the door.

Just in case anyone is panicing about getting one.

*raises hand*

That's good to hear. I'll see you guys tomorrow then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Won't be able to afford this afterall

GGs all.

You NEED to watch this set, especially the last fight...

Your games were hype, on point with guile as usual :D Some great players showed up, fun to watch ya'll wreck each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GGs all, was a fun tournament!

Where is the previous game where I knocked you dismantled you into losers..... That one didn't go up I see :cool:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Where is the previous game where I knocked you dismantled you into losers..... That one didn't go up I see :cool:

You know how Youtube are about adult, explicit content. I'm sure that rape is just suitable for young eyes.

It'll be going up soon, Marn

Glad to have had you guys on board! MASSIVE shoutouts to AJ firstly, who was the nominated point of contact from David Hinds of Capcom himself, we wanted David involved, but AC and EVO were on the same weekend, so that fell apart. Maybe next year!

Doom, Dreddy, VOA, Rachel, all of you deserve a medal for what you did on Saturday, shame it couldn't be streamed, but thank you so much for attempting to get it streamed.

Both Marvel and Street Fighter went fantastically, feedback for the games room was only positive, and you guys are involved directly with that compliment. I couldn't have run that tournament by myself, and I am glad that I had you guys on board. I hope you'll all come back and help next year too.

Ballsbridge Hotel Sucks.

Love,
    Xinkai AKA Waifu Hunter X

Advertisement