Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live At The Marquee

Options
  • 21-06-2014 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭

Will be my first time attending. Never driven to Cork city before myself either. Just a few questions.

• Recommended car parks?
    • Is the venue easy enough to find?
    • What's the venue itself like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Will be my first time attending. Never driven to Cork city before myself either. Just a few questions.

• Recommended car parks?

Plenty of parking on Monahan Rd if you get there early enough which is adjacent to the venue.
    Very easy, there are signs if you are coming from any of the main roads.
    Its a big tent in a carpark, the same kind that you'd see at Electric Picnic or Oxegen, its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

• Recommended car parks?

It's about a 15 - 20 minute walk from Cork City Centre. The 202 bus from Merchants Quay near the Bus Station goes through Ballintemple, which includes a bus stop near the venue. The bus stop is near a shop on the left as it goes through Ballintemple.

If you take the next left after you get off the bus, that brings you down a hill for around a 5-10 minute walk, towards Pairc Ui Chaoimh and the Marquee venue. Keep left for the Marquee venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Is there still parking at the venue itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

villa2008 wrote: »
    Is there still parking at the venue itself?

Yes there is free parking at the venue. People who park on the road outside are just looking for a faster getaway. If you are in no rush then you may opt for the extra security of parking in the venues car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

OK! The only time I've been to the Marquee was the Tom Petty gig in 2012 and there was venue parking then, I think they charged 5 euro, just checking its still available. I'am heading down to the Robert Plant gig on Wednesday and also Neil Young in July this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭deeks

Anyone know is there a standard curfew in the Marquee? Going to Elbow tomorrow night and I see that Midlake are also playing in Cyprus Avenue tomorrow night. Hoping that there might be some slim chance that I will catch the two of them. I've tweeted Aiken looking for stage times for the marquee but nothing back yet. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

deeks wrote: »
    Anyone know is there a standard curfew in the Marquee? Going to Elbow tomorrow night and I see that Midlake are also playing in Cyprus Avenue tomorrow night. Hoping that there might be some slim chance that I will catch the two of them. I've tweeted Aiken looking for stage times for the marquee but nothing back yet. Thanks.

Gigs will finish at 11 at latest. Midlake gig might be a late show perhaps so people can catch both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

villa2008 wrote: »
    OK! The only time I've been to the Marquee was the Tom Petty gig in 2012 and there was venue parking then, I think they charged 5 euro, just checking its still available. I'am heading down to the Robert Plant gig on Wednesday and also Neil Young in July this year.

It's €5 to park still. Loads of stewards. Was at Elbow last night, brilliant and over too soon. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Any tips would be appreciated......taking 15 yr old on my own & never been to The Marquee before?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭emmettu2

I have 2 spare tickets for the Pixies as I can't go now, if anybody is looking for some (cost price, or nearest offer). Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Does anybody know the stage times for The National tomorrow night please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Does anybody know the stage times for The National tomorrow night please?

Please note the following stage times:
    Phosphorescent 7:15pm // The National 8:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Zardoz wrote: »
    Please note the following stage times:
    Phosphorescent 7:15pm // The National 8:30pm

Thanks for this info. My first time at the Marquee, are the stage times generally closely adhered to?

Also does anyone know how easy it is to get a taxi after shows? Does there be a lot of them around or will I have to walk into town to get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Thanks for this info. My first time at the Marquee, are the stage times generally closely adhered to?

Also does anyone know how easy it is to get a taxi after shows? Does there be a lot of them around or will I have to walk into town to get one?

Always plenty of taxis outside the entrance and on the straight road back into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I wouldn't advise parking at the venue at all. After Neil Young we were nearly an hour waiting to exit the car park, they leave every single person walking out first. Complete disaster

Advertisement