Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Exams

Options
  • 21-06-2014 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hey there,

I did extremely bad in my summer exams, I got 1 A, 1 B, 4 Ds (1 Ordinary Level Subject rest higher) and 1 E (In HL Maths), So that is around 320 points.

I know I can do so much better, I put no effort in my exams and I know I could do brilliantly if only I had of put in more effort.

My concern is that this will effect me when applying to colleges when they look at my past results or how teacher will look at me now. If I bring up my grades in class test, Do well in my mocks and brings up myself should I be okay...Then of course do good in the actually leaving cert. Will it affect my future that much?

I plan on doing a lot of work over the summer now,

Thanks-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

Obsolutely not, if colleges were looking at my jc results they would laugh in my face. I would reccomend taking this summer off but go into the lc year with an attitude to do your best

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Lucky Leprechaun

Huell wrote: »
    Obsolutely not, if colleges were looking at my jc results they would laugh in my face. I would reccomend taking this summer off but go into the lc year with an attitude to do your best

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

I wouldn't say take the summer off. If you feel bored, try and do some maths. If you got an E you need to work on it. Go through every chapter you have done, and do say, every fifth question from the book. If you average 5 hours a week of that for 8 weeks you'll really help yourself come September.

I would also recommend working on your European language. Duolingo.com can be a fairly fun way to do so :)

As for the other subjects, take it easy I'd say, but be prepared to put in solid work come September.

Good luck :D And don't worry about anyone ever seeing your summer exam results :pac:

Advertisement