Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds O connell St job ???

• 21-06-2014 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Offered an interview for mcd's on o connell street for full time. Thing is I already work part time. I dont think I want to take the job now because I would then have to pay bus fare in and back from town which would prob be 5 euro each days thats 25 a week.

Am i mad turning this down or do you think I should just wait till a position arises in a local store for full-time?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

You're mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Ask yourselves these questions:

What are you paid now?
    How much would you be paid if working fulltime?
    What is the difference between those and what are you left with when you remove €25 from it?

€25 really isn't a lot to spend on a commute. Why don't you take the fulltime job, earn more money, and still just wait for a fulltime job near to where you live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

If you get a bus ticket it'd be much cheaper, well a.leap card now, but same thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

If your not working at the moment take the job. If you are working at the moment is the new job paying more if so after the extra 25 for the commute is it still worth it?
    You can also get a leap card which can help to reduce the cost of your fare.

Advertisement