Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elgato Game Capture HD VS Hauppauge HD PVR

Options
  • 21-06-2014 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Which one for recording xbox 360 gameplay to laptop windows 7??

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Do you mean HDPVR 2?

The Elgato is definitely better than the original PVR, but to be fair that's ancient and should be v cheap by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rvpalldway

ya hd pvr 2 or the gaming edition one......which one

A friend of mine swears by the Elgato. I found the PVR2 good but awkward to get running. I use an avermedia LGP usually, although I own both the PVRs and an intensity shuttle too.

A friend of mine swears by the Elgato. I found the PVR2 good but awkward to get running. I use an avermedia LGP usually, although I own both the PVRs and an intensity shuttle too.
    which one do you find the best

rvpalldway wrote: »
    which one do you find the best

Avermedia LGP. It's great, small, doesn't impact performance and you can record commentary directly into it.

• Advertisement

where do u think i should get it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭maik3n

The basic hdpvr2 gaming edition is now down to £94.98 on amazon.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0092P47GW/

With regard to the bigger question asked here, I had the elgato and returned it I'm afraid.
    With the usb power situation, it was rather finicky about working at times.
    It seemed to take forever too when trying to pick up a signal from my ps3/xbox.

Advertisement