Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned.

Options
  • 21-06-2014 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭

Regarding my earlier ban I would like to point out that I was not questioning the Mods infringement but inquiring about a matter of policy.
    The poster that was barred from the thread may or may not have been trolling,but that's beside the point.What surprised me was that he was barred for having a varying opinion,one which many people have rightly or wrongly.

In hindsight the Feedback Forum may have been a better place to pose the question,however a ban seems harsh for as I say merely inquiring about policy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi kneemos,

Have you discussed the ban with the mod in question via PM? If not, please do so. If you have, let me know and I'll look into this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Penn wrote: »
    Hi kneemos,

Have you discussed the ban with the mod in question via PM? If not, please do so. If you have, let me know and I'll look into this for you.

Yeah.Sent me here.

Hi kneemos,

Apologies for the delay in replying.

Arguing with a mod on-thread is against site rules throughout Boards. Your post in response to the mod telling a poster not to post on the thread again:
    kneemos wrote: »
    Is the guy not entitled to an opinion misguided or not.The place is full of different viewpoints.

It's fairly mild, but still against the rules. If you disagreed with a mod decision the first step is always to PM the mod directly, not to bring it up on-thread.

However, that's not the post you were banned for. A few posts later when another poster was talking about the same poster who was threadbanned and saying that they should have expanded on their point, you replied:
    kneemos wrote: »
    He can't now can he?

This is further complaining about a mod decision on the thread, and rather than more "inquiring about policy", this second post was needlessly antagonistic and disruptive. You weren't actioned just for inquiring as to why a poster was threadbanned (which is against the rules anyway), you were actioned for a combination of that and your second post. The length of the ban is due to bans increasing in length each time, also taking into account various infractions you've picked up between bans too, the last of which was you essentially telling another poster to go f*ck himself ("please explore the methods of self copulation")

Ban upheld. You may ask for an admin review of this decision if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Penn wrote: »
    Hi kneemos,

Apologies for the delay in replying.

Arguing with a mod on-thread is against site rules throughout Boards. Your post in response to the mod telling a poster not to post on the thread again:

It's fairly mild, but still against the rules. If you disagreed with a mod decision the first step is always to PM the mod directly, not to bring it up on-thread.

However, that's not the post you were banned for. A few posts later when another poster was talking about the same poster who was threadbanned and saying that they should have expanded on their point, you replied:

This is further complaining about a mod decision on the thread, and rather than more "inquiring about policy", this second post was needlessly antagonistic and disruptive. You weren't actioned just for inquiring as to why a poster was threadbanned (which is against the rules anyway), you were actioned for a combination of that and your second post. The length of the ban is due to bans increasing in length each time, also taking into account various infractions you've picked up between bans too, the last of which was you essentially telling another poster to go f*ck himself ("please explore the the methods of self copulation")

Ban upheld. You may ask for an admin review of this decision if you wish.

No you're grand.

Thanks.

Okay. This thread can be marked as resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement