Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fun times before and during the world cup games

• 21-06-2014 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

It amazes me to see players who have their whole nation and millions more around the world watching them to be smiling and joking. Fair play to them for having nerves of steel but you would be a long time to see a GAA player smiling on all ireland sunday or a boxer going into the ring

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

sweet jesus...

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Actually you know what you're dead ****ing right!

We should introduce a black card for expressions of joy before kick-off.

Player will be sent off but they can still start with 11 men.

Ohh and if they get beat we will let them back in a few games down the line - let's call that the 'unhappy backdoor'

That'll show them happy joyful bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Wait til you see what the rugby players get up to. They clap each other off the pitch... even when they lose!!!:eek:

You don't want to imagine what they call the ref.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

It amazes me to see players who have their whole nation and millions more around the world watching them to be smiling and joking. Fair play to them for having nerves of steel but you would be a long time to see a GAA player smiling on all ireland sunday or a boxer going into the ring

You wouldn't see it at a funeral either....these footballers, no respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

We don't see gaa players before they come on the field though.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

niallo27 wrote: »
    We don't see gaa players before they come on the field though.

Too busy knocking seven shades out of each other whilst the band play :p

No show of happiness from them boys I tell ya.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Too busy knocking seven shades out of each other whilst the band play :p

No show of happiness from them boys I tell ya.

In fairness I love hurling. Had 2 magic days in Croke park last night. Wrecks my head why gaa supporters need to knock football at every chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

..you would be a long time to see a GAA player smiling on all ireland sunday..

Probably because the poor feckers train and prepare like professionals and don't get a bean of the GAA (Grab All Association).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

In fairness I love hurling. Had 2 magic days in Croke park last night. Wrecks my head why gaa supporters need to knock football at every chance.

I would say there are even a higher percentage of soccer fans who like slagging off the GAA.

I would say there are even a higher percentage of soccer fans who like slagging off the GAA.

Not from my experience. They don't even mention the gaa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Not from my experience. They don't even mention the gaa.

Agreed the GAA never really comes into my head. Like Hurling but hate football for my own reasons. Wouldn't ever think put it down for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

What's your opinion of Usain Bolt acting the clown before Olympic finals? It's sport, if you don't enjoy the build up to the pinnacle of your career then why bother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭LadyLucinda

I'm not trying to knock soccer, I love the sport but its something I always wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

I'm not trying to knock soccer, I love the sport but its something I always wonder

Ah here GTFO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭LadyLucinda

major bill wrote: »
    Ah here GTFO :)

Does using the word soccer blow my cover?

Advertisement