Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water at the Marquee Cork

Options
  • 21-06-2014 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Queue Aiken Promotions have a policy of having the caps remover from all bottles of water at their gigs at the Marquee in Cork. So having paid €2 for your bottle of water the vendor must remove the plastic cap
    Is this safety gone too far?
    I was one of the many "shades of grey” who went to see Bob Dylan on Monday night. Chances of a riot starting were limited
    When is the line between safety & human welfare crossed?
    Is it acceptable not to be able to have a bottle of water in your pocket while you queue & stand in summer temperatures from 7.00 pm until 10.30 pm?
    Tip of the week

Put a few bottle tops in your pocket for Elbow & Robert Plant .... and please do not pay €2 for water and then start a water fight

For the record when I queried this with security staff they were excellent & just doing their job
    Enjoy the Marquee, Caps away

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

That has been in effect at every gig I've been at for at least 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

hynesie08 wrote: »
    That has been in effect at every gig I've been at for at least 10 years.

More. First time I can remember seeing it was at Witnness in 2000.

It's nothing to do with safety, either. Promoters will always throw out the line that it's less effective as a missile if there's no cap, but it's really to stop you from keeping it for a long time or refilling it, meaning that unless you've brought a bottle top with you, you have to buy a fresh drink every time you want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

More. First time I can remember seeing it was at Witnness in 2000.

It's nothing to do with safety, either. Promoters will always throw out the line that it's less effective as a missile if there's no cap, but it's really to stop you from keeping it for a long time or refilling it, meaning that unless you've brought a bottle top with you, you have to buy a fresh drink every time you want one.

Too bold a statement and with no back up. I have organised gigs and events for small community festivals (circa 1000 - 3000 and a gig rig or marquee) and it has been insisted by Gardai in event planning that tops be taken off. It is standard practice for a long time. It is absolutely to do with safety but also has the benefit for promoters that it sells more booze.

Advertisement