Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any point in getting Xbox One if I've got PS4 already?

• 21-06-2014 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

I noticed it's gone down in price a bit lately particularly if buying pre-owned.

Although I have a PS4 already so I'm trying to decide if its worth bothering with.

What does the One have to offer that PS4 don't? or Xbox 360 for that matter because I have that too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,345 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

None whatsoever at the moment. Maybe if you're a massive, massive Halo fan it might be worth it in a year's time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Titanfall and that's it really. I sold my One and 360 last month as I don't use them at all as my PS4 and PS3 now are my go to consoles. Right now I don't see a point in having a One and PS4 as they are 95% the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Titanfall and that's it really. I sold my One and 360 last month as I don't use them at all as my PS4 and PS3 now are my go to consoles. Right now I don't see a point in having a One and PS4 as they are 95% the same thing.
    Not to mention arguably the best of those four games, Titanfall is also on 360.

Yeah maybe I'll just leave it off

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Had a PS4 since launch and only got a One there in the last month. Have to say it's not really worth having the two at the moment. Maybe in a year or two when there are more exclusives to separate the consoles. Only got the One because I traded in a good few games that I was never realistically going to play from my backlog so turned out I got the one for 50 quid after the trade ins! Can see the one being the media device and exclusive machine for me as the PS4 UI is gash for playing media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Why did you pick the PS4 and PS3 as your go to consoles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Maestro84 wrote: »
    Why did you pick the PS4 and PS3 as your go to consoles?

I went to PS3 after E3 2012 and MS didn't cater to me as a gamer anymore, prior to that I had a 360 since launch and did 95% of my console gaming on that for generation 7. Sony were offering amazing value with PS+ at the time and were releasing exclusives that I wanted. I was getting nothing for my Live sub that Sony didn't give me for free and paying €50 per year was giving me 30 free games a year, including for my PSP and Vita.

Then XOne and PS4 came out and I got them both on launch. Played Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3 to death and went to the PS4 for a few reasons. Free to play games at launch and free games with PS+ at launch. Add it that I rather the XMB interface over Window Metro with adds all over the place. Then to sweeten the deal the cross plats looks better when I view them side by side. My XOne was just sitting there gathering dust while I was using the PS4 almost every day. In the end I sold my XOne, 360, a ton of games and got a WiiU instead for different games I was missing out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Titanfall is one of the worst games to come out. It's fun for that first hour and then you just realize it's most basic FPS ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Lamposts wrote: »
    Titanfall is one of the worst games to come out. It's fun for that first hour and then you just realize it's most basic FPS ever.

That's well OTT. The game is great fun. It just needs more variety in game modes and better match making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lamposts wrote: »
    the most basic fps ever???

do you love the drama??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

This isn't the place for comparing consoles, there's a thread already set up for that in the main Games forum, here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057075192

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement