Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting quotation to complete house

Options
  • 21-06-2014 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at a house that needs 2nd fix carpentry, pluming, stairs, flooring kitchen, driveways and gardens completed.

I know it all down to quality of materials used to finish the house, I'm wondering would a QS be able to give me a rough estimate, or do I need to go price materials and trades to complete each job?

I haven't talked to my lender yet, but I'm thinking they would look for a bill of materials from a QS, or what other options are there available to me that i could provide them with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lomadesigns

Best thing would be to contact a tradesman from each trade and you'll have a more accurate quote- Look for recommendation of specific trade here that's what I have done in past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

tonic wine wrote: »
    I'm looking at a house that needs 2nd fix carpentry, pluming, stairs, flooring kitchen, driveways and gardens completed.

I know it all down to quality of materials used to finish the house, I'm wondering would a QS be able to give me a rough estimate, or do I need to go price materials and trades to complete each job?

I haven't talked to my lender yet, but I'm thinking they would look for a bill of materials from a QS, or what other options are there available to me that i could provide them with?

qs will do it all for you and assist with budgets on finishes

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

kkelliher wrote: »
    qs will do it all for you and assist with budgets on finishes

If u get one to do all he will cream it from the other builders and will add to your costs do it all separate

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

If u get one to do all he will cream it from the other builders and will add to your costs do it all separate

The Qs will be independent of any contractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

i assume you mean one builder and not a qs. i cannot see how a qs can cream anything or cost the client more by putting a budget on a build

• Advertisement
Advertisement