Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50cent surcharge for topping up leap card

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

This post has been deleted.

But there's no reason why,

Its like saying banks shouldn't provide bank accounts if they apply charges to them,

Nobody is forcing anybody to use such services, if they want to they can...if they don't want to thats fine too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

They can make money on it if they charge the surcharge, not everybody is on line or has a car or even has a bank account, so the shop charges a little extra to provide a service for those that want it. he makes a few bob and the customer is happy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Why not select auto top up on leap card then your never left with a zero balance or worrying about finding a shop to top up.

Don't you still have to find a shop to "load" your top up? Or Luas stop, which still isn't ideal.

Desperately needs an active online top-up facility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

maximoose wrote: »
    Don't you still have to find a shop to "load" your top up? Or Luas stop, which still isn't ideal.

Desperately needs an active online top-up facility.
    That's a problem I had with it too. When I first got the card, I used to top it up online. However, I'm an infrequent Leap user and eventually an online credit expired before I got a chance to pick it up.

What I do now is load up the card with whatever change I have in my pocket each time I pass a Luas ticket machine in the City Centre. That seems to keep it topped up.

Advertisement