Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4 "full"

• 21-06-2014 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭

I am constantly getting msg saying my phone is full so at the moment i cant take photos or update apps.

When I go to the "manage usage" as advised it showa that all my apps are only taking up 1GB out of 5.9GB.

Where is the rest gone? Ive deleted all text msgs and photos,and in the past have deleted pdcasts etc to clear some storage but I dont want to delete all my apps on a regular basis.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"Manage Usage" usually refers to iCloud, which is storage off your phone.

Go to Settings > General > Usage and give it a minute or two and it'll show you where all your space has gone.

Videos, Music and Photos are usually the culprits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

seamus wrote: »
    "Manage Usage" usually refers to iCloud, which is storage off your phone.

Go to Settings > General > Usage and give it a minute or two and it'll show you where all your space has gone.

Videos, Music and Photos are usually the culprits.
    Videos and music-no data! Photos 80mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

In the usage settings does it not show exactly where all your space is being used? It should break it down into sections and show you exactly where all your storage is going to. It could be the cache of certain apps taking up space and placing them in the "other" section of usage.

Apps like iTube are usually the reason for this. I'd usage settings should have the answer to your question though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hook your phone up to iTunes and your device summary shows along the bottom what exactly is taking up the space on your phone.

DubDJ wrote: »
    In the usage settings does it not show exactly where all your space is being used? It should break it down into sections and show you exactly where all your storage is going to. It could be the cache of certain apps taking up space and placing them in the "other" section of usage.

Apps like iTube are usually the reason for this. I'd usage settings should have the answer to your question though.
    ?ui=2&ik=cbe96f9fac&view=fimg&th=1473bba9c0e0bd72&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ_pTfU4qYUedjXbRCKZVTPFf9TAAmhJL6bhP8uc36KfFPWoEsFRa64bR9h2_PzPF2K-PzuHL2y-NQZlGKQLr1gcbRqoLvBXkajiD2_zsLk9Sc_nm1cJBp6dgC4&ats=1405461776743&rm=1473bba9c0e0bd72&zw&sz=w1240-h519
    This is what comes up in my usage if im lookin at the right thing-nothing that should be eating up 6gb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

harpsman wrote: »
    ?ui=2&ik=cbe96f9fac&view=fimg&th=1473bba9c0e0bd72&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ_pTfU4qYUedjXbRCKZVTPFf9TAAmhJL6bhP8uc36KfFPWoEsFRa64bR9h2_PzPF2K-PzuHL2y-NQZlGKQLr1gcbRqoLvBXkajiD2_zsLk9Sc_nm1cJBp6dgC4&ats=1405461776743&rm=1473bba9c0e0bd72&zw&sz=w1240-h519
    This is what comes up in my usage if im lookin at the right thing-nothing that should be eating up 6gb

No image, try uploading as an attachment on Boards or use Imgur.

DubDJ wrote: »
    No image, try uploading as an attachment on Boards or use Imgur.
    Image ok on computer. But ill try that as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

This comes up when when you click the link you posted. It just comes up as a square.

guil wrote: »
    This comes up when when you click the link you posted. It just comes up as a square.
    Thats bizarre. It shows up fine on my pc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Upload the image to http://imgur.com/ and post the link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

harpsman wrote: »
    Thats bizarre. It shows up fine on my pc.

I think its because your signed on on your google drive on your pc.
    davo2001 wrote: »
    Upload the image to http://imgur.com/ and post the link

Follow davo2001's advice or attach a picture in your post.

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    I think its because your signed on on your google drive on your pc.

Follow davo2001's advice or attach a picture in your post.
    Ahh-see I just learned something new there.
    Hope this works(im sure patience is wearing thin:cool:)
    http://harpsman.imgur.com/all/

harpsman's images are not publicly available.
    You need to change your privacy settings. :)

Dades wrote: »
    You need to change your privacy settings. :)
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Think its fixed now.My bad

Don't think it's been mentioned - but iOS 7 needs over 3GB of space on an iPhone.
    At least according to this article, anyway.

I have a 16GB iPhone and I have only 1GB of space available even though I'm using only 12GB.

Since it was recommended on this forum, I've started to use this app. It appears to magically clean out all the junk temporary files that build up in your apps over time.
    Just ran it there for the first time in a week or so and it freed up 800MB!

EDIT: Sorry! I see from another thread that app has been pulled.

Hook your phone up to iTunes and your device summary shows along the bottom what exactly is taking up the space on your phone.
    The "other" is 5.18 gb-about 80% of space-seems like alot. Its not videos, camera roll, messages etc-ive deleted them all

Don't think it's been mentioned - but iOS 7 needs over 3GB of space on an iPhone.
    At least according to this article, anyway.

I have a 16GB iPhone and I have only 1GB of space available even though I'm using only 12GB.

Since it was recommended on this forum, I've started to use this app. It appears to magically clean out all the junk temporary files that build up in your apps over time.
    Just ran it there for the first time in a week or so and it freed up 800MB!

EDIT: Sorry! I see from another thread that app has been pulled.
    Just seeing your edit now-as you said not available any more

Advertisement