Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round Tower Clondalkin Village.

Options
  • 22-06-2014 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what was going on with the Round Tower in the village on Friday?passed by it on the bus and there was scaffolding around the base of the tower and marquee's set up in the field behind it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Anyone know what was going on with the Round Tower in the village on Friday?passed by it on the bus and there was scaffolding around the base of the tower and marquee's set up in the field behind it.

Clondalkin festival is on this weekend. They done a raffle and a few people are going up into the tower over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Village festival thing. The scaffold is a platform with steps to get people safely up to the door to go up the tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Years ago you could get in anytime you wanted too. Great view from the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

There's a festival on in Clondalkin this weekend and they've opened the tower for visits. As far as I recall strictly limited to 400 people and the free tickets had to be prebooked. Also I don't think you get to go up the tower, just inside the lower levels.

The scaffolding is for entry - again not sure if it's to allow disabled access or health and safety concerns over steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Why TF are so many Clondalkiners on boards at 12.45 in the morning. I'm just in from work so I've my excuse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement